Gauss Variable Charge Poll

22 replies to this topic

Poll: GAUSS VARIABLE CHARGE (97 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have a variable speed/charge Gauss Rifle.

1. Yes (15 votes [15.46%])

Percentage of vote: 15.46%

2. No (82 votes [84.54%])

Percentage of vote: 84.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:27 AM

View PostXphR, on 01 October 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Much much more so. Catastrophic failure, whats so silly about that? Now a catastrophic failure to an unpowered electromagnet, thats silly. But still not as silly as a hard cap of one gauss.

IDK

still seems silly that something that is basically a tube and magnets to explode

and

twin Gauss... yeah, I'm sure if I used it I'd want it but I don't so I don't...

#22 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostVixNix, on 02 October 2014 - 03:27 AM, said:

IDK

still seems silly that something that is basically a tube and magnets to explode

and

twin Gauss... yeah, I'm sure if I used it I'd want it but I don't so I don't...

Harnessed magnets can indeed be a very dangerous thing, when they work as intended things are great and everything stays within stress. When things go awry those great forces are no longer in balance and very bad things can happen at amazing speeds.
If this was VixNix Warrior Online that second line would mean a little more, but its not and so it does not. I also have never run dual Gauss, much preferring e-heavy builds(Ive always been leery the limits of ammunition).

The weapon has strong limitations of weight, low ammunition count, bulk, is physically fragile and has a charge mechanic. People running builds with them can seem unstoppable and just like many other "unstoppable builds" its an illusion built upon fear.

#23 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostXphR, on 02 October 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Harnessed magnets can indeed be a very dangerous thing, when they work as intended things are great and everything stays within stress. When things go awry those great forces are no longer in balance and very bad things can happen at amazing speeds.
If this was VixNix Warrior Online that second line would mean a little more, but its not and so it does not. I also have never run dual Gauss, much preferring e-heavy builds(Ive always been leery the limits of ammunition).

The weapon has strong limitations of weight, low ammunition count, bulk, is physically fragile and has a charge mechanic. People running builds with them can seem unstoppable and just like many other "unstoppable builds" its an illusion built upon fear.

I tried Gauss a couple times, cant manage to get the timing right and cant see the indicator in the middle of heavy combat and/or missile shake

so hats off to those who can

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users