2 replies to this topic

#1 NadeMagnet

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

TLDR= How do I set the g700 to fire weapon groups 1-6 by only clicking the left click button and doing so faster then if all weps were chain fired on 1 weapon group?

Need some help from any fellow g700 users. Trying to set a macro like this guy.
As you see in his answer to my question in the comments he set up a 1 2 3 4 5 6 macro with his razor software.
How do I do this properly with the logitech software? Normal key binds are a snap to figure out but this is the first time trying to set up any multi fuction.
I go to multi key. Hit record, then 123456, stop record, set the repeat option to while pressed, 500 ms. It shows up as a down arrow when pressed and and up arrow when released for every number. Name it and set it to left click button and move left click to my g11 button because I guess you always have to have a left click assigned somewhere with the g700. Go in game and nothing. It wont fire any wep. Go back and delete all the up arrows. Try again in MWO. Now they all fire but don't stop firing until I overheat lol. So what am I missing? If I set the repeat options to none then I can't change the ms. I noticed when I was deleting the up arrow for every button that you can incert mouse events like left button up, down, click. What's the difference between down and click? So confusing.
Any help would greatly appriciated.

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:20 AM

almost got it
you want to use two mouse buttons one for the left side of the Mech one for the right side (so you can peak and not fire into buildings or terrain)

set you DW with one side C-LB10X the other with C-AC5

#3 NadeMagnet

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 27 September 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

almost got it
you want to use two mouse buttons one for the left side of the Mech one for the right side (so you can peak and not fire into buildings or terrain)

set you DW with one side C-LB10X the other with C-AC5

Um no.... Not even close. What you described is easily done in testing grounds by simply unassigning all weapons from weapons groups and adding them back one by one to weapon group 1 or 2 after test firing each. Even if you only read my TLDR you should of been able to see that's not what I'm asking. Thanks anyways though, at least you responded.

To any of you logitech users that need help setting up a multikey macro it's easy. I finally figured it out with trial and error. On my Dire-B I have 4 med lasers and 5 clan u ac-5. The 4 lasers are all on weapon group 1 on the left mouse button. The 5 ac-5 are on weapon groups 2-6 set to the mouses right button. The 5 u ac fire 1 at a time with 1 tenth of a second between each shot. The mouse is set on automatic game detection. I have multiple profiles for MWO and the hotkey to switch them. If any is interested in something similar to help fight lame ghost heat. Here's how to do it.

1. I'm going to assume if your attempting this you at least know how to set automatic game detection and new profiles but if not. Open your logitech software and click on customize buttons. Top mid is profiles. Click the +. Name and description is whatever you want. Click the + sign again and find the MWOclient.exe. Deafault for me with win7 is C/Games/Piranha Games/MechWarrior Online/Bin32. Once you found MWOClient.exe hit OK. Now you have a shinny new MWO profile. So create another MWO profile as normal and select copy from existing profile and copy your MWO profile you just made or the one you had before if you already know what your doing.

2. Go to the little gear icon on the bottom right called settings and click. Top far right is the profile tab. Click that and at the bottom pick a hotkey for profile cycling. This will let you change profiles mid game with a keyboard hotkey. This is different than the profile switch option that shows up while customizing mouse buttons when the mouse is set to onboard memory. Why the profile switch among others dissapears from mouse functions while on auto detect is beyond me. Major design flaw to have different mouse button programing options between auto detect and on board memory in my book. Anyways.

3. Go to where you edit buttons for the mouse for the new MWO profile. Click on the + next to commands and then multi key. Name it whatever you want. Now figure out what weapon groups you want. For me it's 2-6. So I hit start record they keys 2 3 4 5 6 and then stop record. You'll see a down arrow and an up arrow for each number. Now here's the part I first got lost in. For every up arrow you have to right click on it and pick insert delay. By default it will be set to 500 ms. You can double left click each .5 delay to edit how many ms you want it. I have mine set at 100ms but I'm going to experiment and increase it cause it's still too fast to avoid all ghost heat. At the bottom is repeat options. Select while pressed. I set my ms from 25 to 5 cause I don't know why lol. Again this was trial and error and everything is working so whatever. Now click OK and you have your new modified chain fire command. I wanted it set to my right mouse button but for at least the logitech g700 (and any other that uses the same software) you always have to have a left and a right click set to buttons somewhere on the mouse or it doesn't let you change the right or left click buttons. So I dragged right click to the g11 mouse button which is the default battery level button and set my new chain fire command to right click.

So now I can fire the ac much faster then MWOs default chain fire. Almost constant blinding fire like ac 2s but with the punch of ac 5s. I don't have to double click to double tap, I just hold down the right mouse button. Two mouse buttons is all that's needed to fire 6 different weapon groups. I'm not as hot as firing all 5 ac at once with ghost heat. And I have a hot key that lets me change the mouse set up in game from my dire-b to my normal mechs that don't need such an elaberate chain fire. My only complaint is keeping track of what profile your on. When you change profiles with the hot key all three lights on the mouse will go orange for a few sec and then back to whatever is the default. If your plugged in the lights will be green but if your using it wirelessly no lights will be on. Anyways, if you don't pay attention it's easy to forget what profile your on as well as the fact that of the two MWO profiles you can't set which one you want loaded first when the game starts. I don't know if it loads the last profile it was on or what but I find myself hitting the g11 key a lot since if the battery level button lights up the lights I can tell which I'm on since I set one of the profiles g11 to right click.

If you have any questions drop me a pm. Happy hunting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users