The Mining Collective

40 replies to this topic

#1 Zalin

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

This new map the mining collective is ruining my fun in this game. Every time I play on it my screen freezes, I can move I can hear the sound so I can still play just blind. So pretty much every time I get this new map it is a death sentence for me. Does anyone else have this problem and know a work around so I can play on this map?

#2 Siviiliuhri

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

I have the same problem but atleast for me this works as a workaround: When things lock up I atl-tab out to desktop and go ctrl-alt-del and open task manager...before doing anything else the MWO unlocks in the background and works normaly :huh: . I have no idea why this works but I have 100% success with it so hopefully it helps you too...

#3 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:20 AM

Same here, I just alt+tab out, and come back, works after that for the most part

#4 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:58 AM

I have not had the map enough to know if I have any problems with it or not. (It feels like River City's rotation frequency got increased instead of the new map's... :ph34r: )

#5 Bluecricket

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

I play in windowed mode and so alt+tabbing is not reliable. Oftentimes the client just CTDs when this happens, and it happens about every single time on Mining Collective.

#6 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

try full screen, set your game resolution to the same as your current desktop

i.e. I run my old, and I mean old LCD monitor at 1280x1024, run the game full screen at the same, less problems.

#7 Angels Bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

i have same prob. freezes on me twice a game on this map. i do the tab out trick, but its not much of a solution when ur under fire. was hopeing to find a better idea here :)

#8 Wilhelmtell

Banned - Cheating

• 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

as posted in -
http://mwomercs.com/...persistent-bug/

Same issue here, Freeze / Crash to desktop (CTD)

(not working) Tried the following :-
- ran repair tool; tried deleting the map folder ; reset profiles
- uninstalling latest drivers and rolling back to previous drivers
- lowering in game settings to dx9 / medium : 'Particles, Enviroment, Effects'
- nvidia drivers tried: 344.11, 340.52

My PC spec: intel i5-2500k, 16gb ram, nvidia gtx 770, soundblaster z, samsung ssd 840 pro

#9 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

I have been having similar issues with this map, but after a few times running the Repair Tool, it is much better (not 100% reliable, but I get the screen freeze issue less often).

I am noticing a new and unwelcome behavior on this map - particularlly true for fast lights, I will get them stopping for a moment in place with movement animations, then zipping forward to a new location. Plays holy hell with trying to fight and keep track of where people actually are.

It is clearly one sided, as people have been able to kill or maim my mech when this occurs, during the time period while my client catches on to what's current in the game state.

Is there a fix or suggestion for this?

#10 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostZalin, on 27 September 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

This new map the mining collective is ruining my fun in this game. Every time I play on it my screen freezes, I can move I can hear the sound so I can still play just blind. So pretty much every time I get this new map it is a death sentence for me. Does anyone else have this problem and know a work around so I can play on this map?

yep, happens to me from time to time I just
alt+tab out, click on MWO in the task bar to get back in but it doesn't happen on just on one map in particular for me, it's random.

Edited by Reverend Poison, 06 October 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#11 The Crow2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationAustralia Mate !

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

Same Issue here, I have tried the usual collection of suggested fixes.
Trouble is 1 in 5 times on this map I have no problems other times it freezes every time at about 5 seconds in.
The other day I played it 5 times without an Issue during a long play session, then just now I got 5 maps into a session & mining collective comes up and me and another guy on our team locked up only a short distance apart.

#12 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

Try switching between fullscreen and windowed mode (alt + enter will do this).

#13 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

Terrible Map. Locks up everytime, and despite the gratuitous amount of cover, unless you happen to be in exactly the right spot, LRMs can basically get you from any point on the map. Please don't assume I'm one of these "LRMs are OP" Cry babies. I know how to avoid them, even on Caustic. But due to the tight confines, and generally low lying cover, there is quite often no way to maneuver out of an LRM storm until you're dead. And due to all the low ground cover, it can be ludicrously hard to close with a boat, if you don't have Jumpjets. That said, if the damned map didn't lockup every 30 secs, I probably would be able to dodge the LRMs a bit easier

#14 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

I have had it happen.. Though never more than once in a fight. Alt+tab to desktop doesn't work for me, but hitting ctrl+alt+del and then esc out of that fixes it every time.

It seems to happen whenever I enter a certain spot, or look at something in specific near one of (more than one?) the spawns.

Edited by Phaeric Cyrh, 11 October 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#15 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

Maddening, seemingly getting worse.
Primarily when i am fighting lights for some reason. Freezes, screen goes "bright", jitters, lags.
I checked my temps, etc that this etc..I'm guessing its not "our" problem.
Love the map, but its becoming a pain.

#16 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

Alt+Tab should fix it. If not, then Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then open your Task Manager. As soon as the Task Manager opens, your game un-freezes and you can close the Manager.

#17 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:23 PM

Its getting worse. What started out as jitters, hangs, lag, turned into this, and the effect is lasting longer. The ONLY map that does it-
The odd defects 4-5 days ago were tiny. now they obliterate the screen

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm almost beginning to think it happens in the same area of the map, always at the beginning of the match.

#18 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

yeah noticed too, always at start and always from one side, please do something or remove the map until it's fixed, because it's a real pain !!!

#19 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:14 AM

It would be nice to opt out of maps.

#20 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:54 AM

Lockup every 3rd game. Happens when I start moving. Alt+Tab or task manager wont work. Except when kill the game in the task manager and restart.

Frustrating to say the least.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 13 October 2014 - 05:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users