11 replies to this topic

#1 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a free teamspeak area to use when it's just you and a friend that wants to play? Or can you direct dial your buddy or something?

Sorry if this sounds dumb. I'm just a numpty when it comes to this area of tech.

#2 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

You can check out the public TeamSpeak server here: voice.teamspeak.com

Just scroll down and right click to create your own, private, temporary channel complete with password.

Or, you can use NGNG's here: http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/

Just click the icon at the top left corner of the website that says, "Join Our TeamSpeak" for it to automatically open your client and log you into their server.

There's no such thing as a dumb question; just a question that's unasked. :)

#3 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

Thanks!

#4 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

There is also the comstar NA teamspeak as well as comstar europe. The address for the NA is in my sig. Europe you'd have to do a search pn these here forums.

#5 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

OR! There is a pinned thread called "Need Help? Want To Team Up? Then Look Here". You've got multiple teamspeak adresses for public MWO servers and can even use the thread to find people to drop with.

If you're already willing to spend time waiting for responses, at least check the fist page whether there's already something answering or possibly related to your question.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

There are several good public TS3 as linked above. If it's just two you, Skype and steam's friend chat are viable options, but TS3 is the standard if you guys want to look for a proper unit to join with later on.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

You can log onto the Kurita servers for the different units. All have setup lots and lots of rooms for drops.

#8 Cyphersphere

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:25 PM

There is also Strana Mechty - The public Clans Teamspeak Server

IP: STRANAMECHTY.INFO
PW: StranaMechty

#9 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 28 September 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

OR! There is a pinned thread called "Need Help? Want To Team Up? Then Look Here". You've got multiple teamspeak adresses for public MWO servers and can even use the thread to find people to drop with.

If you're already willing to spend time waiting for responses, at least check the fist page whether there's already something answering or possibly related to your question.

I didn't look there because my question was related to VOIP, not on how to join a group (As made clear in OP). Due to the helpfulness of others, I got my answer in 13 minutes, which I was more than happy with.

This part of the forum is for new/inexperienced players so please be mindful of the tone of your responses

#10 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

If it's just the two of you, just put him on Speaker Phone. :P

#11 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:29 PM

You're welcome to use our TS3 server. 88th.org, no pass. The server is usually vacant so it's good for a private channel.

#12 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

View Post5LeafClover, on 29 September 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

This part of the forum is for new/inexperienced players so please be mindful of the tone of your responses

Sorry if that sounded a bit too harsh, but not only answers it your question, it also provides a hub for people to join up, exactly what you are asking for.

It is true that this area is for newcomer help, but that is for questions directly related to the game. Had your question been something along the lines of "does the game provide means to directly communicate with teammates via VOIP?", then my answer would have been "Unfortunately not, check out the previously mentioned thread for dedicated TS channels to join up and communicate with various people".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users