Clan Fire Mandrill Recuiting Thread. Join The Kindraa!

55 replies to this topic

#21 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

Well, if you want, feel free to pop into our TS. ~55 members active, so hardly a huge clan (looking at you, Ghost Bears with an aggregate total of ~700 members! Damn pilot hog! :P). Always welcome visitors for drops or chatting.

novacat.teamspeak3.com:6614

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 02 October 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#22 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 02 October 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

(looking at you, Ghost Bears with an aggregate total of ~700 members! Damn pilot hog! :P)

700? :o

I can hardly believe it o.O

#23 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

Nothing against the Bears good for them but 700? I don't think I could do that, I like to be able to know everyone I play with.

Thanks Pariah I'll be sure to stop by, we hangout with the Goliath Scorpions a lot so being able to do some drops with the Nova Cats would be great.

#24 jshatse

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

:) finally getting to play, and looks like switching was a good idea lol hope recruiting is going good

#25 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 02 October 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

Well, if you want, feel free to pop into our TS. ~55 members active, so hardly a huge clan (looking at you, Ghost Bears with an aggregate total of ~700 members! Damn pilot hog! :P). Always welcome visitors for drops or chatting.

novacat.teamspeak3.com:6614

View PostRed Legs Greaves, on 02 October 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

Nothing against the Bears good for them but 700? I don't think I could do that, I like to be able to know everyone I play with.

Thanks Pariah I'll be sure to stop by, we hangout with the Goliath Scorpions a lot so being able to do some drops with the Nova Cats would be great.

Well, registered users on the forum (690, by the way) is different from people who actually drop in and play on a regular basis. Just saying.

#26 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

View Post101011, on 02 October 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Well, registered users on the forum (690, by the way) is different from people who actually drop in and play on a regular basis. Just saying.

Like I said, aggregate. :P That is among, what, all the various galaxies? Even if it was 1/3 of that, that is a huge freakin' pool of players. Not that that is a bad thing, but no freakin' wonder recruiting new people is like pulling teeth from a duck. You all (and the various Wolves) have them all! >_<

#27 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

Do you think I could barrow 7 or 8 of them, or maybe we can have some harvest trials. Clan wolf style.

#28 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:58 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 02 October 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Like I said, aggregate. :P That is among, what, all the various galaxies? Even if it was 1/3 of that, that is a huge freakin' pool of players. Not that that is a bad thing, but no freakin' wonder recruiting new people is like pulling teeth from a duck. You all (and the various Wolves) have them all! >_<

View PostRed Legs Greaves, on 02 October 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Do you think I could barrow 7 or 8 of them, or maybe we can have some harvest trials. Clan wolf style.

As he said.. Trials of Possession! :P

Btw, if the numbers of active Bears in GBI (Alpha and Beta Galaxies) is ehalf that number, they would have about the number of Wolves in Alpha, Omega and Delta Galaxies.. :mellow:

This makes me wonder how many Clansmen are around in MWO :huh:

I could check with the units sheet, but just guessing i would say around, at best, 550-650 warriors for Clan Wolf (I have a very confused idea about the number of players in the several non-canon units), much less for Jade Falcons (if i had to guess i would say 150-250, but i really have no idea), around 700-800 among the Ghost Bears (assuming CGBI's active warriors are less than 700 and there are only a few other CGB units, not sure however) and something like 150-250 for Clan Smoke Jaguar, plus an unknown number of Fire Mandrills, a couple Goliath Scorpions, about 55 for the Nova Cats (btw, how do you have three Clusters with 55 warriors? :huh:), a good bunch of Star Adders, a few Diamond Sharks and a probably good number of Clan loyalists and lone wolves, who i have not counted for each Clan.

I know these numbers are really vague, but according to them in MWO there may be easily 2000+ Clansmen.

Well, Fire Mandrills, sorry for derailing your topic, but this is all bumping, quiaff? ;)

#29 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 03 October 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

...btw, how do you have three Clusters with 55 warriors? :huh:),

Organizationally and practically, it was important. Gives additional available ranks, meaning individuals have somewhere to advance to, as well as allows easier micromanagement of each group of players. Plus, there is some inconsistency I have found in what constitutes a "cluster," as some sources say 2 binaries is the minimum while others say 3, so between 20 and 30 per cluster. With almost 60 members, it can be a skeleton crew for two and 3/4 clusters on the low end of the spectrum, with the benefits of having vacant slots for future and current members. :P

But, then, we do not have over 500 members. -_- Not that I think we would ever really want to get that big. How can you possibly know everyone in a unit that gets past 75 or so members? o_0

#30 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

Thanks for the bumps and the link to the clan council. I requested a hall for the Fire Mandrills but like you said it seems to be a little dead over there for now. I am going to try and stop by your TS tonight.

#31 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 October 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

Organizationally and practically, it was important. Gives additional available ranks, meaning individuals have somewhere to advance to, as well as allows easier micromanagement of each group of players. Plus, there is some inconsistency I have found in what constitutes a "cluster," as some sources say 2 binaries is the minimum while others say 3, so between 20 and 30 per cluster. With almost 60 members, it can be a skeleton crew for two and 3/4 clusters on the low end of the spectrum, with the benefits of having vacant slots for future and current members. :P

But, then, we do not have over 500 members. -_- Not that I think we would ever really want to get that big. How can you possibly know everyone in a unit that gets past 75 or so members? o_0

I think it is 3-5 trinaries/binaries.

Btw, we prefer to not have two half functional units instead of a fully functional one :P

View PostRed Legs Greaves, on 03 October 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Thanks for the bumps and the link to the clan council. I requested a hall for the Fire Mandrills but like you said it seems to be a little dead over there for now. I am going to try and stop by your TS tonight.

I or Coffinal will make one for you. I hope that the site gets revived with planetary conquest..

#32 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

"Binaries or Trinaries." Really is a lot of flexibility in the system, almost as if the writers were not sure themselves. And do not even get me started on "supernovas".....

#33 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 October 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

"Binaries or Trinaries." Really is a lot of flexibility in the system, almost as if the writers were not sure themselves. And do not even get me started on "supernovas".....

I see it more simply. Novas & Supernovas, Stars or even "old school" tank formations often come down to each Clan's preference.

I see binary/trinaries as "sub-units". A Cluster recently badly mauled by a defeat in a Trial of Possession may be around three binaries , barely operational (or even still in need of R&R); a Cluster of 3 trinaries will be an "understrenght" Cluster, one of 4 will be "regular" and one of 5 will be "reinforced" or something like that.

Funny that we are not talking anymore about the Mandrills in any way..

#34 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

Oh thanks guys, I don't really care about the nova vs. trinary argument I would just like to have more of them.

So back on track, join the Fire Mandrills.

#35 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:21 PM

Bumping to support the Fire Mandrills.

#36 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

To Clan Fire Mandrill:

"We know who you are. We know what you did. If you are looking for isorla, we can tell you we do not have the resources, but what we do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills we have kept over a very long century. Skills that make us a nightmare for clans like you. If you give Kindraa Mattila-Carroll to us, that will be the end of it. We will not look for you, We will not pursue you. But if you do not, We will look for you, We will find you and we will kill you."

Edited by Will9761, 03 October 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#37 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Although it would be unclanlike to give you their location perhaps we can hold a trial of possession as to where their they are located. If you win you get the location, if we win we get access to some of your genetic legacies.

Edited by Red Legs Greaves, 03 October 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#38 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

Had a great night tonight, did some pirate hunting. Bagged me a High Captain.

And I am currently sitting in the 13th spot for Clan Mediums!

#39 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

Dropped down to 25th over night. It sucks that I have to work today, but I'll claw my way back to the top tonight.

#40 jshatse

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

sorry guys stayed way way later at the wedding then I thought I was going to ... hopefully see yall today

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users