How Does One Play Atlas In Current Meta?

21 replies to this topic

#21 CmdrA

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

The Atlas is still viable, especially the ddc, I've had pretty decent games using my ddc ever since I've specced him for brawling. I've found using an AC20 paired up with a single MG is actually pretty effective in brawling because as we know MG's like to strip armor like no tomorrow even if its just a peashooter all by itself. So couple a ddc with an std 340 with 3 srm4's with 2 mpl and you've got a pretty effective brawler.

Sure you're not able to engage in long range battles and it seems like a bad idea to have your longest range being 500 some m with the AC20, but this is why you play smart as the part of ecm coverage and either flank and sneak ((somehow)) or let the enemies come to you. I have found I've gotten 500 - 900 dmg a game, always a kill at least. The atlas is still very much a thing to be reckoned with, you just have to be smart in how you play. Because running in a unaided push is going to get you fragged.

#22 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

Took out my Atlas DDC for lulz tonight and had a grand time! 350 Standard Engine, double heatsinks, 2xLB10X, 3xSRM6, 2x Med-Las, ECM, ammo and heatsinks to taste. With speed tweak you'll be going a very nice 62.4kph.

The atlas is an excellent mech for mid-game pushes. Its armor lets it take a beating and if you play to its strengths (screw you hills!!!) you can really kick some ass. Don't commit to a fight early on. Have your SRMs and LB10s in 2 groups, both on chain fire. Take shots at targets of opportunity with the LBs med-las, and look for when you can really break their line. Then move in and commit like there's no tomorrow. Always be mindful of torso twisting and don't overheat! If you're hot, just keep chain firing the LB10s until you're cool enough to mix the SRMs safely into the mix again. Sustained damage is key. Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users