#181 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 01 October 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'm guessing he walked into 3-4 enemy who stood there trading shots with him. He probably took off a few ST or arms to ramp up the damage.
I've done similiar (not the 1k) in short time spans because of simliar situations.

Or the enemy grouped up and he got lucky with air strike/arty

View PostJohn Wolf, on 01 October 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Mechwarriors,

Things are getting much too personal here and going from the intended topic to a place it shouldn't be going. If this thread can't be constructive any longer I can close it down and allow people to move on.

I expect there to be no more personal attacks / insults, veiled or otherwise.

A 1000+ score in any match is a nice goal to attain, but a screenshot of the final score is only the result and doesn't provide any specifics on how it was achieved. MWO aren't just matches to compare the damage you've done in a round.. sometimes its all about that story about where you charged into the enemy lines to turn them around while your friends got all the kills.. or the time you dropped down into combat to save a buddy who was likely a MG away from death..

Battletech for me has always been about those stories.. but I grew up on the novels. :)

A screenshot for me is just the cover to the story, might look pretty but there is so much more not being told. We need a thread about those in game stories.. that sounds much more constructive to me.

Thanks for your time folks!

John.

Gotta say.... when a mod agrees that screenshots mean little...

#182 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 01 October 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

This

Is someone forcing you to keep reading this thread...? Because, I really don't understand why you're still here on page 10 exploiting every possible opportunity to keep criticising it.

You don't like the thread. You think I shouldn't have posted a screenshot of a score I thought was laudable and interesting.

I get it. We all get it. In fact, we all understood your concerns repeatedly on page 3, 5, 7, 8 and 9, too. There is nothing more you can say about your dislike for this thread that you haven't already said at least five times.

There are many other threads in the forums. Maybe it's time for you to go find fault in those...?

Or - and here's an idea - go post your OWN THREAD that you can specifically craft to meet all your very specific quality standards and design requirements. You can then spend your day in that thread responding to all the people - no doubt they will be thanking, compliment and congratulating you for taking the time to post something interesting for them to read.

I notice that it's been a week since you last posted a thread (http://mwomercs.com/...warrior-buddah/). But you seem to have written some really good threads in the past. I would love for you to write some more, right now, for all our sakes.

Your work here is done. I award you a AAA+ with Honors on the subject of Expressing Dissatisfaction With This Thread. In fact, when you lay your head down on your pillow tonight, you can go to sleep being content and 100% assured that your personal dislike for this thread has been noted by all concerned, and that I personally will never ever ever ever ever write a thread again in which I compliment another player's score or, heaven forbid, actually post a screenshot of that score.

Edited by Appogee, 01 October 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#183 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

Apparently you cant listen to the mod

#184 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:31 AM

View PostAppogee, on 01 October 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Is someone forcing you to keep reading this thread...? Because, I really don't understand why you're still here on page 10 exploiting every possible opportunity to keep criticising it.

You don't like the thread. You think I shouldn't have posted a screenshot of a score I thought was laudable and interesting.

I get it. We all get it. In fact, we all understood your concerns repeatedly on page 3, 5, 7, 8 and 9, too. There is nothing more you can say about your dislike for this thread that you haven't already said at least five times.

There are many other threads in the forums. Maybe it's time for you to go find fault in those...?

Or - and here's an idea - go post your OWN THREAD that you can specifically craft to meet all your very specific quality standards and design requirements. You can then spend your day in that thread responding to all the people - no doubt they will be thanking, compliment and congratulating you for taking the time to post something interesting for them to read.

I notice that it's been a week since you last posted a thread (http://mwomercs.com/...warrior-buddah/). But you seem to have written some really good threads in the past. I would love for you to write some more, right now, for all our sakes.

Your work here is done. I award you a AAA+ with Honors on the subject of Expressing Dissatisfaction With This Thread. In fact, when you lay your head down on your pillow tonight, you can go to sleep being content and 100% assured that your personal dislike for this thread has been noted by all concerned, and that I personally will never ever ever ever ever write a thread again in which I compliment another player's score or, heaven forbid, actually post a screenshot of that score.

And after all this Buddah still gets to give his opinion cause it is everyone's right to give their opinion, even if it does not agree with yours App.

BUT a screen shot after the fact does not show us if Said player dropped a well placed/timed Arty on the enemy to gain half of that damage? I am not saying he did or didn't but without video if the 2:30 fight, we do not know how the fight went down.

#185 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:37 AM

View PostAppogee, on 01 October 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

I mention this only because characterising us as being as bad as "the 7th cavalry at Little Big Horn" or "sloths and tortoises" isn't accurate.
Then you miss the Point. the 7th Cav had a good solid record of Competence, then Little Big Horn! Which was a perfect example of wrong place wrong time. So I have to say that the comparison is accurate in light of your quoted comment.

#186 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

Then you miss the Point. the 7th Cav had a good solid record of Competence, then Little Big Horn! Which was a perfect example of wrong place wrong time.
You are correct, I didn't understand that about the 7th Cavalry, thanks for setting me straight on that.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2014 - 02:31 AM, said:

And after all this Buddah still gets to give his opinion cause it is everyone's right to give their opinion, even if it does not agree with yours App.
I'm fine with people not agreeing with me, including Buddah.

I'm just surprised he needs to express his dislike of this thread, over and over, on every one of its subsequent 9 pages. After all, I gave up on page 2 trying to explain why I posted the thread in the first place. All I have been trying to do since then is answer questions raised by forum members who seem interested in the score, have a discussion about the interesting issues which have been raised, and defend myself against factually incorrect and personally offensive allegations that I am "stroking someone else's epeen".

It's not like I need to be convinced any further. I can't imagine anyone else could possibly have any doubt about the fact that Buddah doesn't like this thread.

But you are again correct. If Buddah wants to invest his time making the same point, over and over, repeatedly, then it's his right to do so.

Edited by Appogee, 02 October 2014 - 04:43 AM.

#187 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:48 AM

View PostAppogee, on 02 October 2014 - 04:10 AM, said:

I am "stroking someone else's epeen".

Its because this thread is exactly that. Epeen stroking. Epeen stroking is not accepted here generally. Youve even learned that, hence the "never again" attuitude

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 02 October 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#188 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 02 October 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

Its because this thread is exactly that. Epeen stroking. Epeen stroking is not accepted here generally. Youve even learned that, hence the "never again" attuitude

I have explained to you, many many times now, that I posted this thread because I believed that for a player to score 1000+ damage in only 2 minutes was quite an extraordinary MWO event, and would be interesting to other players.

That is quite different to "epeen stroking". In fact, "epeen stroking" is actually what you did in your first response to the thread, where you posted your own high scores to try and one-up the other players' score.

How embarrassing it must be for you to have this hypocrisy on such public display. Maybe that's why you're still here, 10 pages later, trying to cover your tracks, and trolling hard to try to get a moderator to lock the thread.

Edited by Appogee, 02 October 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#189 chipps101

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:33 AM

to be honest saying Proton is good is like saying the sun is hot.

we all know it.

but i must admit scoring 1000 so quickly and in that company is quite an achievement.

#190 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostAppogee, on 02 October 2014 - 05:24 AM, said:

I have explained to you, many many times now, that I posted this thread because I believed that for a player to score 1000+ damage in only 2 minutes was quite an extraordinary MWO event, and would be interesting to other players.

That is quite different to "epeen stroking". In fact, "epeen stroking" is actually what you did in your first response to the thread, where you posted your own high scores to try and one-up the other players' score.

I wish you were as concerned about hypocrisy as you claim to be about "epeen stroking".

In any case, let's see whether your apparent strategy of trying to get this thread closed, by continually trolling me with offensive suggestions, actually works out for you. Personally, I hope the moderators don't fall for it and they just instead ask you to act like an adult.
Its interesting, but it's also epeen. Even if it isn't your peen. ;)

#191 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Certainly wasn't my intention. Just thought it was an amazing score in such a short time. (Some other players seem to think so, too.) But to each his own.

For my interest and learning, if I had masked the player's name, would that have made it not epeen? Or is posting any score by any anonymous person on these forums epeen?

I would have defined epeen as when someone boasts about their own score. For example, like Buddah did in his first post, where he not only misread the OP and thought I had posted my own high score, and but also didn't realise the that it was achieved in two minutes.

(I didn't mask Proton's name only because I thought it would be the first thing people would ask, and ironically, I wanted to make it clear that it wasn't my personal score, so there was no element of boasting about it.)

Edited by Appogee, 02 October 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#192 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

View PostAppogee, on 02 October 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Certainly wasn't my intention. Just thought it was an amazing score in such a short time. (Some other players seem to think so, too.) But to each his own.

It is pretty amazing... MAYBE it's just 3+ years of game play that make some of us less impressed and able to postulate the How he did it since we don't get to see it in action.

Picture a civilian's reaction to a war zone vs a seasoned soldiers. One is likely going to be awestruck by the devastation, Ones going to be joking with his mates while cleaning his weapon.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 02 October 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#193 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Like I said, its epeen stroking someone else.

And hypocrite.

Accuse me of getting on ppl for posting high scores when when I post high scores youre getting on me for it.

lol welcome to "it was my position" town

#194 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:25 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 02 October 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Like I said, its epeen stroking someone else.

And hypocrite.

Accuse me of getting on ppl for posting high scores when when I post high scores youre getting on me for it.

lol welcome to "it was my position" town
I think it was a passive aggressive attempt at suggesting the build being used was an OP build.

I find it interesting that everyone assumes that the build that did this was a Direwolf boating AC's.

I think any build capable of inflicting 1100 damage in two minutes (30 seconds don't really count as there's that minimum amount of time required to actually get to a position to even see an enemy, let alone fire at them) probably needs some SIGNIFICANT balancing done to it.

#195 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 02 October 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

I think it was a passive aggressive attempt at suggesting the build being used was an OP build.
No, I don't feel the need to disguise anything in such a way. If I thought the build was OP I would have just said so, as I have done at other times during the past two years.

I explained many times previously why I posted the thread. Conspiracy theories are therefore redundant..

#196 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 02 October 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

I find it interesting that everyone assumes that the build that did this was a Direwolf boating AC's.

I think any build capable of inflicting 1100 damage in two minutes (30 seconds don't really count as there's that minimum amount of time required to actually get to a position to even see an enemy, let alone fire at them) probably needs some SIGNIFICANT balancing done to it.

I didn't assume I went to Smurfy and built one. I am sure other builds could do it, but we are talking about a pretty legendary player here, It is unlikely he used Missile Spam to rock the house.

Its deductive reasoning. (Good guess)

#197 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:57 AM

That kind of damage requires the enemy to be very cooperative. Had to be a lot of mechs walk right into the Dire Wolfs front arc. Dire Wolf has a max speed of 54kph, so we can assume most of the rest of the enemy team ran up to him at full speed, LOL.

#198 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 October 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

I didn't assume I went to Smurfy and built one. I am sure other builds could do it, but we are talking about a pretty legendary player here, It is unlikely he used Missile Spam to rock the house.

Its deductive reasoning. (Good guess)
So... We're ok then with builds that can pump out 1100 damage in 2 minutes or less, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, we're not ok with being able to fire more than 2 gauss at the same time, nor are we ok with gauss and PPC's being fired simultaneously, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam review of all the OTHER past nerfs for weapon systems/combinations of far less lethality...

Interesting.

#199 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

I disagree that this is what "good" looks like. using a score can be very subjective. More like right place right time with the right build. I have had a few 1k point games over the years but its the exception then the rule, but then again i tend to play the light scout commando trying to spot for my pugs and sadly more then a few times is was accused of causing the pug to wipe baddy as the ECM runs off.....

See pugs tend to play maps in some rather predictable patterns.... o this map.. every one to D4 pronto. But if i happen to spot a target early. The pug responds with SQUIRREL. This disrupts the normal pattern for those who think there good players because there getting high scores in predictable matches.

Try getting 500 points in a commando.... one srm 6 and a single medium laser thats what i call good. A dire wolf should be pulling a decent score each game even in the hands of an average player.

#200 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 02 October 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

So... We're ok then with builds that can pump out 1100 damage in 2 minutes or less, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, we're not ok with being able to fire more than 2 gauss at the same time, nor are we ok with gauss and PPC's being fired simultaneously, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam review of all the OTHER past nerfs for weapon systems/combinations of far less lethality...

Interesting.

I don't know about we, But I have no problem with my enemy having that. Have you ever read a post by me complaining about high Alpha Strikes? You have read I am against Pin Point convergence but I have fought up hill... both ways... to keep large Alphas.

In 100 seconds my Stone Rhino (on TT) puts out almost as much damage In 15 point pops! Against 1/2 as much armor ta-boot!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users