7 replies to this topic

#1 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

so i've started playing again but after the first 10 matches i started getting screen freezes mid game, sound still plays and then after 5-10secs it ctd's.

tried everything suggested on the site, drivers, graphic options, dx, gpu temps etc.

it's not my pc, bf4, fc3, lichdom, sc2, planetary annihilation, star citizen all play perfectly.

any1 else experiencing this ?

my specs: asus g750jh-t4060h
cpu: 4700hq i7, 3.4ghz
ram: 32gb ddr3
gfx: gtx 780m

#2 Darzok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:41 AM

I get the screen freeze only and some times it will auto fix it self and i can carry on playing other times have to close the game via taskmanager but the whole time TM shows it running.

Edited by Darzok, 27 October 2014 - 02:43 AM.

#3 Bracchus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 125 posts
  • LocationThe cold north of Sweden

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

I have the same problem. For me this problem is new, it started a while ago.. last patch if I'm not wrong. :(

i5 4690k
Nvidia GTX970 (Same problem with my old GTX680)
8Gb DDR3 Ram
Windows 8.1 Pro - Clean install

#4 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:11 PM

I've been experiencing these freezes for months, I think I figured out a solution. Open up the control panel, lower the graphics clock down 20~ish MHz, and see if things are a bit more manageable. I went from crashing so hard it forced a restart every other match, to freezes I can recover from by opening the task manager. I'll still fiddle a bit, but, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, being able to play again is great!

#5 sieek

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

I have the same problems. Had them with my old pc and now with the new one as well.
As posted above, same for me, clean windows 8.1, clean driver install.
I have a gtx 760 and clocking it down does not really appeal to me here ;)

#6 MotoPsycho

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

I get this issue too. Screen freezes, sound still works momentarily, and then nada'.... have to close using task manager.

...but It ONLY happens on the newer mining (city) map...and typically 'right at' or 'just after' first contact with the enemy.

I've run the repair tool, an performed other various troubleshooting ideas.

Pair of GTX580s in SLI
Also running 64 bit .exe of MWO

Edited by MotoPsycho, 23 January 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#7 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

Same, had 2 out of 4 games where this has happened to me today. Happens with first contact with the enemy and if I'm lucky I can get reconnected just in time to see my mech die.

Edited by Basskicker, 23 January 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#8 Ebonkosh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • Locationwashington dc

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:19 AM

This has been happening to me too since the last update. Not the hotfix. I thought maybe my PSU or vid card was going but I have stress tested the PC with benchmark and everything is fine. I have tried several versions of drivers for my vid card and also different setting in MWO itself and used and not used DX11. I am now doing a clean install of MWO. I also play other games without issue. I can play the game for a bit but it seems when I get into a fight and there are many particles or lots of action it tends to lock up. However, it has also locked up in the garage. It hard locks my PC and I have to hard reboot. If the clean install doesn't work I will swap the PSU and test and then swap to my back up vid card to see if it is hardware but so far it doesn't seem so.

I am using a little older rig
fx8150
16gig ram
HD7970 card

I will let you know if anything I find works.

Ebon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users