Activate Banked Premium Time: 1 Month At A Time!

212 replies to this topic

#21 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts
  • Location, location, location

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

Very surprised that PGI did something like this. Kudos!

#22 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:49 PM

I find it unlikely that I will ever find a time to turn it on but I appreciate this feature.

#23 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Nice addition, thanks guys!

#24 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

Great to see this finally coming. However, one month is a bit much for those of us who are casual players. For instance, I play every second week for maybe five hours - not a good use of premium time.If it could be brought down to a week or a day - I might use it for a session, otherwise... I'm still part of the market which is not captured.

#25 Othello

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

I cant resist. Can we get a link to bank 30 days of premium time for when we have more than 720 hours of active time?

Edited by Othello, 29 September 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#26 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

Nice

#27 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 29 September 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Please note, this is both literal and metaphorical! :)
We cannot pause or stop it once activated without breaking the space-time continuum.
Thanks for your understanding.

Too bad. Was hoping that this will come at some time. Have multiple times in the year where I can't play for a longer period of time (roughly 2-3 times a year for a complete month).

But thanks for the change. It's at least some better policy.

Edited by Taifune, 29 September 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#28 CaveHermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGalactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

Great step forward.. For the people that can utilize it right. Me. I get maybe 2-3 hrs a night and maybe 5 on my days off. I do have a life..(However small and wrenched it my be.. It's MINE!) I'm love to see you do a "Weekend Pass" (60 hrs), A Week Pass (5 Days). also.. Till Meta happens, or the lenght lessens I'll happy bank my 7632 hrs (318 days).

#29 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Not to sound ungrateful, as this is a wonderful step in a great direction if you asked me. However, would there be any way to be able to activate it in smaller chunks at some point? I'd rather activate it to last, say, a week at a time?

Personally, I feel we should get less time per pay (if this makes sense to people), but have it only run down when we are actually logged into the game. Say, instead of buying 24 hours of premium time, it might be only 6 hours. However, instead of 'once activated it will run itself down till it's gone', it would instead only be activated as long as you are logged into the game. This I feel would make it more useful with less pressure on people to "have to play" because they are on a clock. I know that is one of the reasons I wont buy premium time at this moment. (Though, I do have a lot stored up from packs...) (There could even be an expiration date on this "running" time. Use it all within a month (like a trackphone service plan) or it disappears.)

Just a little feedback is all. As I said though, this is also a great step in a good direction, so don't take me wrong here please.

#30 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

how bout make prem time only count down when you play?

Please note, this is both literal and metaphorical! :)
We cannot pause or stop it once activated without breaking the space-time continuum.
Thanks for your understanding.

you mean so we have to buy more :)

#31 Decep-Qi-Kons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

Would you please consider two weeks?

I have two accounts that I play, one for me, one for my kid, and I have gotten pre-orders with both. I really can't advance his account as quickly as mine as I really only advance it when he gets new content and I am asking for a premium release mechanism that allows me to manage this.

I'm also a contract prototyper (I build REAL F'n robots) and I often have weeks where I work 80 hour weeks, followed by lulls in my contracts, granting me massive opportunity to smash mechs.

I just feel there are any number of reasons that a full month of premium time is The Sword of Damoclse over the people who have given money because time, to them, is more precious than money... Even when money, it's self, isn't of a stead or copious supply.

Edited by Killkie, 29 September 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#32 Gravitas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 139 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

Joining with those thankful for this change. It will be useful to those with that banked pre-order time. More precision (read smaller time frames) would be welcome, but this is a good change.

But I, and I think a lot of us, would still request you work on bending the space-time continuum to our will, and work to make Premium Time only count off when logged in and playing.

#33 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

LOVE IT! But...uh. How about maybe...letting us activate chunks of time in the way we can BUY chunks of time:
1 day
3 day
7 day
30 day.
Step in the right direction of course. I have said it before and I'll say it again. MY TIME is premium. Full time job with 4-20 hours of overtime a week. When I log on. It is golden. When I can't, well it's a waste.

#34 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Hmm, cannot... Ye... Guess, who jumped some years back in the time, just lately... :ph34r:

I wish to every banked-PT "user" happy hunting!

#35 LTG Renner

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

This is much appreciated. I now can not fear loosing most of my 5,256 hours of banked time.

#36 Viga Shadd

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

As someone who just noticed he has 8000 hours of premium time saved up (come on CW) I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

#37 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

Premium time should be per match, not per days, won't buy it they way it is.

#38 fudog

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

The 30-day break functions like a subscription and is completely reasonable versus fire-and-forget with a mass of banked time.

Thank you for finally adding this usage model!

#39 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:01 PM

Good move, thanks!

#40 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent