Activate Banked Premium Time: 1 Month At A Time!

212 replies to this topic

#201 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 23 April 2016 - 10:59 PM, said:

For games that do provide "only when logged in" premium time, the cost is substantially higher.

If you were to take a current premium 30 day block and convert that into something you could use when only logged in, you'd end up with about 10-20 hours total, or 5-6 individually activated premium days if you went for 24 hour blocks.

Its weighted on generating a certain amount of revenue per Premium player per month, you aren't going to cheat the system by proposing something that ends up being drastically cheaper than the standard monthly fee.

View PostGondar, on 22 April 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

Let me know when someone gets some sense, and premium time can be activated in 1 day, 3 day, 1 week at a time.

Until then, all of my banked time stays put.

So once again, tell me exactly, what games do this, I can't find any, I'd really like to know, some titles that do this

#202 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:23 AM

what's with all the necro-ing of threads recently?

everyone knew the terms and had a choice when you put your money down. don't like the model, don't pay. no one is forcing you.

how is keeping premium time banked permanently banked even a threat? PGI already has your money. keep it banked then, until the day this game is gone and the servers are shut down.

players need to meet the company half way. the need to keep the servers up too. and PGI has been trying to meet the needs of the player base.
don't like premium time? Buy MCs then, and use the pay per match option when you have really good game. you can't get more granular than that.

#203 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:16 AM

I've said it before and I will say it again, PGI's policies on premium time are great. Way back when you had one option, activate it all at once.

The fact that they give you the ability to activate 30 days at a time is awesome and a bonus IMO. My guess is they do that because standard subscriptions and prepaid packages for other games are 30 days. Which makes me wonder why people complain about PGI's model when it is pretty much standard. All online games work very similarly.

The bid difference I see in what PGI does is they give you several options as well as give away a ton of premium time in 1-7 day increments.

For example if you purchase Premium Time directly or as part of any of their preoders you can activate it in 30 day chunks anytime you like. I have a ton banked from preorders stilll.

If you purchase a mastery pack or get free premium time it activates on your next login or refresh (usually after a drop). And that is probably as it should be as well. Why would you get get a mastery pack from the in game store if you weren't currently playing? I guess there could be reasons, but I don't see how this could be something that people would complain about.

Oh and don't forget you don't even need it to play the game successfully, so it you are really bothered by how much is activated, then just don't use it.

#204 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:49 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 24 April 2016 - 04:23 AM, said:

what's with all the necro-ing of threads recently?
Certain threads NEED to be necro'd from time-to-time, because their content, and their discussions are well-worth the necro.

For my two cents on this subject, I would go with an automatic activation of a single 24-hour period on days you are able to play. You're not going to play 24 hours straight, so PGI still gets their due, but you're not activating 30 days where you may only play for fifty out of ninety hours in the month, if you only play an average of three hours per night. If you miss between seven and fourteen days over the course of 30, between one-quarter and one-half of the money you paid is wasted, and that's a load of crap.

As for what you said about agreeing to the EULA before we started playing the game, don't forget the part about terms being able to change without reason or warning. The rules need to change to allow players to get real value out of their Premium Time, and I would be willing to bet REAL WORLD MONEY, paid into Premium Time, that quite a few folks would begin purchasing more Premium Time, simply for the convenience. PGI are keeping themselves from making money by having the policy about 30-days activation of Premium Time, rather than a common sense approach, and they're the ones who started the banked and 30-day activation in the first place, so they might as well go all the way.

Have an automatic activation of 24 hours of Premium Time if a player plays even a single match, and watch the money roll in.

See, PGI is really great at making decisions which alienate whole groups of players, disenfranchising them with foolish changes to game play and policies, and they have become their own worst enemies. Sad.

#205 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostCathy, on 24 April 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

So once again, tell me exactly, what games do this, I can't find any, I'd really like to know, some titles that do this

League of Legends does this. The products are separate, but everyone has the option of purchasing what works best for them. It's really a good system IMHO.

#206 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostCathy, on 24 April 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

other game i know of is GW2 boosts. most of paid for boost last 2 hours game time, u pay roughly 200 gems. 800 gem is 10 bucks, so 2.5 for a play time boost, kinda pricey but get only when u play.
http://wiki.guildwar...em_Store/Boosts

#207 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 25 April 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

I've said it before and I will say it again, PGI's policies on premium time are great. Way back when you had one option, activate it all at once.

The fact that they give you the ability to activate 30 days at a time is awesome and a bonus IMO. My guess is they do that because standard subscriptions and prepaid packages for other games are 30 days. Which makes me wonder why people complain about PGI's model when it is pretty much standard. All online games work very similarly.

The bid difference I see in what PGI does is they give you several options as well as give away a ton of premium time in 1-7 day increments.

For example if you purchase Premium Time directly or as part of any of their preoders you can activate it in 30 day chunks anytime you like. I have a ton banked from preorders stilll.

If you purchase a mastery pack or get free premium time it activates on your next login or refresh (usually after a drop). And that is probably as it should be as well. Why would you get get a mastery pack from the in game store if you weren't currently playing? I guess there could be reasons, but I don't see how this could be something that people would complain about.

Oh and don't forget you don't even need it to play the game successfully, so it you are really bothered by how much is activated, then just don't use it.

I am not seeing that option
i had 60 day premium time so I wanted to go in and change it to just 30

#208 Rycheck

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

I really really really think you should be able to activate and deactivate premium time at will !! I am a FAMILY MAN and am unable to play EVERY DAY I am not a child and have family that comes first. I do not play for several days at a time and it is not fair to those that can not play every day just to have the time they pay for or win in game just waste away because our FAMILY comes first ! Please do the right thing and make premium time deactivatable and activatable at will ! Thank You.

#209 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:59 PM

Here-Here, and Amen to that.
Life comes first.
I am not a programmer, but how much code would have to be modified to change the 'Activate premium Time' button in your profile into a toggle (ON/OFF) vs pushing the button and opening the inclosable flood gates (and watching your premium time evaporate while you are at work, or eating, or making love--- I guess that last one would be distracting enough that PT would not matter at all).

Bottom line is always money.
If you allow PT to be toggled when needed, than it's value would increase. SO -- -- -- charge us more for it!
At least we'll get full value.
Peace.

#210 TWLT S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:51 AM

That is a mere sales strategy. For me personal a week period would be the maximum acceptable. So I really wonder if PGIs Premium Time policy really is beneficial for them.

#211 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

The pages and pages of responses to this topic indicate a very high community concern.
I have heard the same complaints told in a dozen different ways throughout the discussion.
They all boil down to one single fact. -
Players feel premium time should only count down while logged into the game.
If the developers do this, all of the complaints, begging, and 'negotiating' will stop immediately, and the premium time rip-off will magically become premium time value.
Sadly, however, if PGI does this, it will be the end of this topic and the discussion.
Maybe they won't do it and we can keep crying the blues until the end of time - - - Only PGI knows.
(disengaging Smart-@$$ drive, and returning to normal space/time)
Peace All

Edited by Peace2U, 30 October 2018 - 05:39 PM.

#212 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:33 PM

Players feel premium time should only count down while logged into the game.

That may be so but unrealistic. It could be broken down to a smaller unit that the 30 days via website to at least 7 day increments. Pushing for 1 day increments would be pushing it but if one needed to lowball it first.. I am good with it. :)

#213 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:35 AM

It might, arguably, lead to more players actually buying premium time outside of mech packs. I myself haven't bought any premium time ever since oh... 4 days after I started playing in 2016. Why buy something that's active the moment I purchase it, when at the time, so many packs included banked time (although the in-game store mech bundles, which haven't been updated since late 2015 included active time, as did the steam packs). On this account I currently have eighteen THOUSAND plus hours of banked time, and just under 141 days of active time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users