4 replies to this topic

#1 MechHybrid

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:29 AM

Hey there!

I´d really like to see an option to buy mechbays with cbills.

Why is that?

I think this could be a step forward in order to signicificantly extend the amount of the players playing this game. If you ask me, this would fit very well into the idea of FreeToPlay-Games, since on the one hand it gives the players the opportunity to play more than one chassis on its full power without the need to pay real money at the point of time (since you need 3 mechbays to level up one chassis properly, and only start with 4 mechbays), and on the other hand it brings benefit to the publisher since the chance is higher that these guys get addicted to the game, which then results in a higher rate of free oral advertisings by the addicted players themselves which than leads to a further increase of player numbers which generates a higher payment-potential. So in my eyes this would be a win-win-situation.

If I get it right, 300 MC would be approximately equal to 1.000.000 cbills. But I wouldn´t mind, if you deside to double those costs to 2 millions, if you fear about not earning enough MC through mechbays with that new feature of providing them also for the costs of cbills.

While I myself don´t really require that option for myself (already having more than a hundred mechs and still some free mechbays), I would really appreciate this option for the newcomers. Maybe players would also profit from a bigger player base by having less long searching times for instance, which might lead to a higher overall satisfaction of the consumers leading the way to a good will for doing payments. Give it a guess, guys, and let the forum know, what you think about it!

Greets MechHybrid.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

I could see this happening as a one time event.

As it stands we have chances of winning a bay, but you have to earn it. There are other options as well, but I am going to keep those to myself for now. - - why spoil the fun.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

I could see it but only in a limited capacity: An allowance of up to a certain number of c-bill mechbays (say, up to 5)

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 01 October 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

I could see it but only in a limited capacity: An allowance of up to a certain number of c-bill mechbays (say, up to 5)

This, but I would limit it to two (2) extra Mech Bays. We already get some for free (four, IIRC?). And I would charge 3 million C-Bills each for the two extras.

That would allow mastery of two chassis without spending money on the game or waiting for the next contest to get extra Mech Bays.

#5 Carthoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

WarThunder concept is big thumbs up - and people really see it as friendly policy in F2P. You can buy 5 hangar slots (crews) for each nation, sixth and every other is for golden eagles (=mc). The best f2p example if you ask me...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users