BattleMechs

73 replies to this topic

#1 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

Something needs to be done about the dragons CT and I dont think an armor buff like the awesomes is really gonna do it. It is simply way to freaking huge and anyone that has ever played dragons knows your CT is where your gonna take it the most.

Ive tried more armor on front and back/twisting def but nothing saves that big nose from getting hit and at best the dragon is a "peek-a-boo" mech because it cant even risk exposing itself lest it end up with 2 good arms and 2 good torsos but no CT armor whatsoever.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

We don't know the exact buffs coming yet, but Russ did mention that the C-Bill Dragons are considered "Tier 5" and the hero variants are "Tier 3." So, the C-Bill ones will probably get a lot of lovin' and the heroes will get moderate lovin'. I think he also mentioned one variant getting a specific AC/2 quirk and one getting a specific AC/10 quirk. I'd have to dig around in the October Roadmap thread, which might take a while.

#3 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

I run all but 2 armor on the front and an XL340 or better and survive just fine. Speed is a dragons only benefit, and should be utilized.

But yes.. it still could use some quirks for sure.

Edited by DONTOR, 30 September 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostFupDup, on 30 September 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

We don't know the exact buffs coming yet, but Russ did mention that the C-Bill Dragons are considered "Tier 5" and the hero variants are "Tier 3." So, the C-Bill ones will probably get a lot of lovin' and the heroes will get moderate lovin'. I think he also mentioned one variant getting a specific AC/2 quirk and one getting a specific AC/10 quirk. I'd have to dig around in the October Roadmap thread, which might take a while.

This has some stuff.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=8025&sid=e77178e2b319d1b1cf62148d10fdb56a&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content

Awesome is getting PPC cooldown, velocity and heat buffs, the non 3L Ravens are tier 4 and 5.

Some more stuff.

#5 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

Frankly I don't think there will ever be anything done about the big CT of the Dragon, but one thing that always annoyed me is the lack of agility. The lighter mechs of all weightclasses should at least get an agility boost like bigger torso twist, faster speed up/down etc to make up for the lack of armor and ability to carry more weapons.

#6 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

Quirk system will hopefully sort it. Dragons are already identified as one of the least competitive mechs (Flame is tier 3) so they will get the biggest buffs.

I'm hoping to see something like 15% faster reload time and 20% less energy heat generation on Quickdraws. Dunno how much more viable it'd make them, but it would suit the name.

#7 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

The Dragon needs 2 quirks for sure.

1- 10% internal structure buff to CT

2- 25% increased collision damage.

We know the Dragon was made to knock mechs down (dragon bowling), but since we no longer have knock-down make it do more damage when it collides with other mechs. Just don't forget the Steer Horns on the front :)

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 30 September 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#8 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

I wonder if a damage resistance buff to the Dragon's CT similar to the Awesome's CT buff would be acceptable. Theoretically it would help the machine survive longer, especially against constant firepower soaking the nose of the machine. It wouldn't help very much against good snipers who could punch a hole through the ST though.

#9 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

For 'mechs that have unfortunate CT hit boxes resulting in them falling easily to focus fire you'd think they could just give them 10% bonus quirks for internal structure and armor and bam, quick and easy fix.

#10 pulupulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

I would like to see CT % increase for dragon like awesome. (I honestly think it need to be near 25+%, to compete with the effect of jump jet divert damage to leg)

Majority of the dragon need to stay out in the open to use all its weapon, so that it give opponent alot of time to shoot it. It really is a peek-a-boo glorified medium, but it can't do its job well due to weapon on both side instead of one (exception of 1C with 4 energy). It is also a poor brawler due to CT missile slots (going to need srm cool down buff with high %, in order to brawl).

Then ultimately, one still need to ask himself why should he drop as dragon when 55 ton mechs can basically do the same thing (or nearly after buff) without being a heavy (taking slot from timberwolves).

Edited by pulupulu, 30 September 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#11 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

The Dragon simply needs a big foot. The only big foot in the game. A BIG foot. A claw that can rip off arms would be nice, too. But that's stretching. :)

Posted Image

#12 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 30 September 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

The Dragon simply needs a big foot. The only big foot in the game. A BIG foot. A claw that can rip off arms would be nice, too. But that's stretching. :)

Posted Image

Reinstating Dragon Bowling? You know... Goons...

#13 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm abhuge Dragon fan. I probably have more drops in my Flame than in any other mech, in fact.

I don't want to see CT buffs.

Not because I'm unaware of the issues with the Dragon's snout, but rather because those are boring and unlikely to really make a huge difference.

Dragon's are Strikers. They're supposed to be fast, agile, and hit hard. Leave the CT disadvantage - you can twist damage on a Dragon now after the hitbox change. Instead, make the dragon breathe fire.

Increase it's (already formidable) agility.

The 3B dragon ought to see a substantial heat reduction on AC2's, allowing a 3ac2 build to not be so absurdly hot for example.

Make the Dragon something to be feared.

#14 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 30 September 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

I'm abhuge Dragon fan. I probably have more drops in my Flame than in any other mech, in fact.

I don't want to see CT buffs.

Not because I'm unaware of the issues with the Dragon's snout, but rather because those are boring and unlikely to really make a huge difference.

Dragon's are Strikers. They're supposed to be fast, agile, and hit hard. Leave the CT disadvantage - you can twist damage on a Dragon now after the hitbox change. Instead, make the dragon breathe fire.

Increase it's (already formidable) agility.

The 3B dragon ought to see a substantial heat reduction on AC2's, allowing a 3ac2 build to not be so absurdly hot for example.

Make the Dragon something to be feared.

It'll need torso buffs (both CT and side). It's shockingly not hard to side-core Dragons. It's noticeable when running an Awesome with just a CT buff...

#15 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

Frankly spoken, my Flame doesn't need many buffs.
If they see me rolling on the battlefield, they switch to another target. ;) So i am pretty much safe then. To give them the AC20 in the back. ;)

#16 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostDraal Kaan, on 30 September 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

If they see me rolling on the battlefield, they switch to another target. ;) ...

Lucky ******* :angry:

#17 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostBilbo, on 30 September 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Lucky ******* :angry:

Yeah, that's me...
But what i didn't mention, they turn away laughing. ;)

#18 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

good ideas all around :). I would personally prefer something more imaginative then just a CT buff like better faster torso twisting so you can at least try to spread that damage around and maybe a higher engine cap to set it apart from other heavies as a kind of heavily armored med. un-nerffing ac2's would be amazing as i remember that was one dragon that was feared and very dangerous as a striker.

View PostDraal Kaan, on 30 September 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Frankly spoken, my Flame doesn't need many buffs.
If they see me rolling on the battlefield, they switch to another target. ;) So i am pretty much safe then. To give them the AC20 in the back. ;)

I wish I was so lucky :P

Edited by Mellifluer, 30 September 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#19 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

The dragons are the most enjoyable mech in the game to me. I love them all. I love them because they're hard and few people run them...it feels exclusive. So sure, a few quirks would be ok, but it's fine for a mech to have flaws. True beauty lies in the imperfections, rather than in perfection.

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 30 September 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#20 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 30 September 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

The dragons are the most enjoyable mech in the game to me. I love them all. I love them because they're hard and few people run them...it feels exclusive. So sure, a few quirks would be ok, but it's fine for a mech to have flaws. True beauty lies in the imperfections, rather than in perfection.

I am sure most jewellers would disagree with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users