Can We Get A Sub-Forum To Recruit Competitive Minded Players?

Suggestion

5 replies to this topic

#1 Gtbuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts
  • LocationSoutheast US

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

I've noticed more and more companies are getting involved in tournament play and as such are finding a need to recruit more of those players specifically.

All companies are currently limited to one recruitment post and that can make it difficult to get the message out that a company that has been considered casual for an extended amount of time is now looking for competitive players. There is also the issue of the current structure of each house and clan having a separate sub-forum, then the merc-corps with a forum. This makes it difficult for a player looking for a competitive minded team to locate the right fit as they have several locations to look then wade through numerous threads trying to sift out groups that would be a fit.

Could we get a recruitment sub-fourm of some type that will allow groups that are specifically targeting players looking for a competitive team to join up with? I believe this would help the companies send out a targeted message without feeling they have to segment their current structure and also help players looking for a competitive company find the right fit faster by making it easier to see all available options.

Edited by Nikolai Lubkiewicz, 24 October 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#2 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

+1 to this, and by competitive I believe the OP means teams which are geared towards community run tournaments, as opposed to teams that are playing completely casually, or preparing for Community Warfare.

To such teams that notion of faction affiliation is pretty irrelevant.

#3 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

I agree. It's a different mind to run this then standard play. Thing's like Run hot or die. Do not fit in with most large groups as a whole so outside members must be found. The MWO forums just are not set up for that right now and this would allow for the events to become bigger and better. This would add more spot light on MWO. Things like Twitch tv, NGNGs pod cast, and even YouTube videos. I see this as a win for PGI and it's players.

#4 Airox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

This is a major factor for any group that has both casual and competitive players. It requires skill to achieve the various goals of different types of players. This is a suggestion that would go a long ways to hitting those goals.

#5 Gangnail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 133 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOuter Reaches

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

I agree 100%.
[redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 30 September 2014 - 11:03 PM.
This is not a place for recruitment

#6 Antonius Prime

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, a sub-area would allow for groups to meet their needs concerning competitive play without being confusing or seeming to send mixed messages when those needs differ from the unit as a whole.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users