Buff The Death's Knell/what Heroes Need Love?

16 replies to this topic

#1 FrupertApricot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

Comparing it to Anansi and Ember is just sad, but I love the look of the commando. if it got some love I would definitely buy it. What hero mechs out there would you buy if they were lookin a little bit sexier in terms of strong gameplay?

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

I don't think TDK needs a buff, but I wouldn't complain if it got one. The Anansi isn't any stronger than a normal Spider, the best use for it being the most mobile NARCing unit in the game. Ember is very good, dare I say borderline too good.

But some Heroes genuinely need work. Pretty Baby is still disproportionately rare on the field (I probably only see 1 for every 20 or more Awesomes, and though not as rare as before, I atill don't see Awesomes much, either). Protectors are pretty rare too, not that Orions in general are much better than uncommon. Jesters are pretty rare, Fangs and Flames... In fact the only Heroes you DO see regularly are Ember, YLW, Firebrand, and Ilya Muromets. I expect to see DragonSlayers make a comback after the quirk pass.

#3 Psyker

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

Is the St. Ives Blue any good? I want to make a decent Vindicator, but they just never seem to work for me.

#4 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

View PostPsyker, on 30 September 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Is the St. Ives Blue any good? I want to make a decent Vindicator, but they just never seem to work for me.

It can take a beating, and it's very small for a medium. Pretty good mech, but slow.

Also:
http://mwomercs.com/...back-continued/

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostXarian, on 30 September 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

It can take a beating, and it's very small for a medium. Pretty good mech, but slow.

Also:
http://mwomercs.com/...back-continued/

^^ Link has the table. They're buffing all the IS mechs via quirks to attempt to bring everything up roughly on par with Tier 1, so the lower tier mechs in the list will be buffed more than the upper tier mechs.

#6 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:18 AM

IV-4 wants an AC20 arm or more missile hardpoints thank you.

View PostPsyker, on 30 September 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Mini-Griffin,its good and takes helluva beating for a 45 tonner.

#7 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

"Love" equates to 50% off sales. Then you figure out why it was 50% off.

#8 RealityCube

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

The Huginn is just bad. I have, somehow, maintained a positive KDR in it though.

#9 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:25 AM

Well certain chassis in general (hero or no) need some love.

But since we'll be getting the CN9-AH soon, I think the Yen-lo-wang should get its 2 extra lasers in the left arm (since it lacks missiles). Its in the lore so it should happen!

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Yen-Lo-Wang

...on 21 September 3050. The weapons had been replaced with a Von Ryan Gauss Rifle in place of Autocannon and Spitfire Medium Pulse Lasers, two on arm, one on torso and one on back.

So instead of 3 ballistic (RA) + 2 energy (CT), it should be:

2 or 3 ballistic (RA) + 2 energy (CT) + 2 energy (LA).

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 01 October 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#10 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

Buff the Fang so it can mount an AC20 on the arm and run an XL engine.

#11 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

I have almost every Hero mech (missing Sparky atm) and they all have their ups and downs. Overall they are pretty balanced with regards to the F2P vs P2W mechanics.

#12 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

My poor HBK-GI is apparently a Tier 5 Mech - she needs some loving too!!!

#13 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

The only thing bad about the Death's Knell is that it's a commando. Any of the commandos that aren't 2D suffer the same issues as the locust. The anansi is probably better, but that's because it basically cheated on hardpoints compared to most of the other Hero mechs and traded up for more AMS and more useful HP (missile and energy).

The Huginn has to be the worst of the hero mechs. It was so bad it wasn't even on their Tier list. This is primarily because, in the case of light mechs, the use of ballistics is tied to MGs to keep heat down (see your Ember comment) while you augment your laser weapons which have the punch to open armor. Not having any lasers but missile points instead, you have two ammo-dependent/heavy weapon system options that spread damage around. The Torso weapons on the Huginn should be energy instead of missiles. Then it'd make sense and actually be compelling.

Edited by Wraeththix Constantine, 01 October 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#14 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

As Wraeththix said, the only issue TDK has is being a Commando. I actually have thought it's the best Commando for awhile now, because the 2D has to be perilously slow or underarmed. I don't think ECM actually covers that deficiency, especially with streaks being weak now. That said, I haven't messed with a missile COM since SRMs started working, so that might be workable now. TDK, though...4ML running 171 and enough cooling even with AMS? That's pretty ok for 25 tons.

#15 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

With the new Cent coming for C-bills that can mount an AC20, it feels like the YLW has been devalued. I don't think I would have bought mine if I that Cent was available. Refund??

#16 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostMoomtazz, on 01 October 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

With the new Cent coming for C-bills that can mount an AC20, it feels like the YLW has been devalued. I don't think I would have bought mine if I that Cent was available. Refund??

No and no. It's different enough from the YLW to be unique on it's own. If you ONLY bought the YLW for the AC20, there were many other CB options instead (HBK is one).

#17 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

I own Death Knell, and I do not use it. It dies way to easy. I mean easy. Hell I lost a leg just running around, but that mite have changed with the change and future change in fall damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users