Is It Time To Increase Xp And C-Bill Rewards?

111 replies to this topic

#41 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

I don't think they'd need to increase any earnings if they could just make the Skinner Box more appealing.

There is no strong secondary reinforcement here beyond one's subjective value on "doing well"

#42 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

I've made a number of posts about it myself, including a thread that focused more on how the mech tree sucks (where a number of people vehemently defended the grinding hassle by simply calling me entitled) so it's not just you that feels that way OP.

#43 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

lmao.
ppl want literally everything in ez-mode these times.
actually this is very un-grindy when i take a look at WoT research trees.
*omg i have to grind, lets cry so they make it more ez*
YOU PLAY THAT GAME ANYWAY. and then you have so much exp. nowhere to go with it.
lol.
you need more GXP? convert it. your mechs should have enough unused XP.
you still dont know how f2p works? ye. from stuff like this.
its a video game where people have to make a living off. there for grinding is implemented and ways to go around it such as covnert it or buy prem time.
short minded people only have their own time spent in the damn head.
telling them to make the grind shorter is almost the same as *pls live from less money so i can have more fun with this game*

#44 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

Just because the Direwolf is out doesn't mean you suddenly have to adjust the entire economy for it. You can still earn the majority of the mechs the normal way. I don't think it needs any adjustment at the moment except for Mediums and Lights for their role rewards.

#45 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostAliisa White, on 01 October 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

lmao.
YOU PLAY THAT GAME ANYWAY. and then you have so much exp. nowhere to go with it.
lol.
its a video game where people have to make a living off. there for grinding is implemented and ways to go around it such as covnert it or buy prem time.
telling them to make the grind shorter is almost the same as *pls live from less money so i can have more fun with this game*

Except I'd buy more HEROS if I COULD AFFORD THE BASIC CHASSIS TO SEE IF I LIKE IT.

Literally two months to grind out for the 3 Summoners with a hero Mech. TWO MONTHS. Like, how many people could you get to play this game if you told them it'd take them two months to get all three Summoners IF they put money into the game, OR played more than ten hours a week? Because so far my net number of friends, even hardcore BT fellows, who've stuck with the game is ZERO. I:

#46 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

so they only have fun in games when they are fully equipped? .....
its not that a heavy mech is the first thing you should get. or even a CLAN mech. until you get used to the game, the playstyle etc it already takes long. so i definetly go for a mech that gets shot easily, has to moe alot, needs some good piloting skill for that, at start. yeah. right.
its not that you have some mechs in the lower classes that do alot of fun. are trained much faster than one of the more expensive clanmechs. what sort of friend are you? just because they cant get a damn summoner from start for free?
are they supposed to have one mech that others had to pay for?
NO!
should you buy a hero mech while you dont even know how to play with the normal chassis? NO
i had a lot of damn fun with a spider, or my current raven-3l and that literally doesnt take 2 months.
then you dont even have to master it. what sort of failthinking is that.... i played the spider and the jenner only with basic skills and it was plenty of damn fun.
and you cry about the fact that a mech with XL engine etc etc is expensive and hard to reach? or that friends dont have fun if they dont get that stuff for free? i am glad that i dont have such friends.
i would literally tell my friends to enjoy the game on the most simple line, go out, pew pew and everything else is for free. you get free mech bays from challenges, c-bills while enjoying the pew with a real life bud.

#47 Milt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostAliisa White, on 01 October 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

lmao.
lol.

no, that is incorrect. telling them to make the grind shorter is the same as make the grind easier so more ppl play the game and pay you more money. and the more ppl playing the game means shorter queues, more resources, more publicity and more longevity. if i have found myself (who really enjoys the game) playing less and spending less on the game, how many others are feeling the same way?

#48 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

The CBill earnings need to be un-nerfed because as so many have pointed out it's a total grind to master mechs with the current pilot skill system. And also we can let guys like Aliisa White keep the current low payouts since they enjoy it so much.

#49 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

Welfare warrior is a huge concern for the community. Also know as Poorman warrior. Some minor tweeks need to be done.

Major if repair and rearm comes back into play during community warfare.

The economy has always been a concern it will probably be reviewed right before community warfare starts.

The avg. for a good match is about 124,000 c-bills. That's not a lot.
The avg. for a bad match is about 86,000 c-bills

You use to be able to get huge rewards for kills spots and component destruction but now just to get the avg. you need 2 kills or to blow off 4 limbs.

Edited by Corbon Zackery, 01 October 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#50 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

Yeah I agree not only do they need to buff C-Bills they need to greatly reduce module prices 6 MIL for radar deprivation you gotta be kidding me!!!! Also you guys forget you have to buy the 2 other variants you don't want to FULLY max out your mechs capabilities.

PS Resell prices are also awful as well........

#51 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

this game will never attract so many people as you wish for.
and milt, many people will leave this game if it will be flooded with new players that never even want to learn how to play.
and these people are mainly those that already spent alot on this game. you got a short viewrange in this case.
casual players will not make this game live longer, it only reduces lifespan and makes it even less enjoyable. see WoW after it went to **** because they wanted to attract more ppl. see what happens to EVE online because they barely fix stuff but making everything easier, including ISK-earnings.

no, games are losing on long terms if they make it easier.

but the EZ-mode crybabies will take control over this one too and ruin it over time.
what will you do once you have nothing to achieve left?
leaving and look for something else.

resell prices are literally half of what they cost. looks good to me.

#52 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

Too much of a grind hurts player retention, too little also hurts both player retention (since people get everything and get bored) and hurts sales of premium time and boost mechs. The games in an OK place right now but we did have higher earnings in the past and it was nice. (I still miss making several million cbills a match in closed beta...)

That said, the only thing I'd consider a problem right now is consumables. You simply can't use them without premium time if you ever want to buy a mech. Maybe they should be buyable for XP or something.

Clan mechs are not much more expensive than IS mechs. Clan lights are actually cheaper than IS lights because you don't have to buy the mech and then buy a 5 million cbill engine on top of it. Similar things are true for assaults and heavies since you also don't need to buy another huge engine for the clan mechs like you do for the IS ones.

#53 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostAliisa White, on 01 October 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

and milt, many people will leave this game if it will be flooded with new players that never even want to learn how to play.
and these people are mainly those that already spent alot on this game. you got a short viewrange in this case.
casual players will not make this game live longer, it only reduces lifespan and makes it even less enjoyable. see WoW after it went to **** because they wanted to attract more ppl. see what happens to EVE online because they barely fix stuff but making everything easier, including ISK-earnings.

no, games are losing on long terms if they make it easier.

but the EZ-mode crybabies will take control over this one too and ruin it over time.
what will you do once you have nothing to achieve left?
leaving and look for something else.

resell prices are literally half of what they cost. looks good to me.

Your post is so full of wrong conclusions I hardly know where to begin. I'll just settle with the resell price, which is not half price at all, not even close especially if you've paid for uppgrades.

#54 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

so you say that a med laser costs 80k resell is 40k and i am wrong... and state that with the UPGRADES. which is something completely different. lol.
but then i just checked.... 1.5mil c-bills for DHS, 750k for getting standards back on. lemme guess.... thats like half...
D'OH! and tbh if you invest in a mech and sell it.... well.... make sure you keep the mech before you buy that stuff.
i do nothing else. with all of the mechs i have. and if i sell it i wont say a word about the lost c-bills for the upgrades. part of game.
it could be possible that if you rebuy the mech and dont have to pay the upgrades again... im not realy sure about this tho. already existing skills also stay at the mech, so you dont have to reskill everything if you rebuy the variant.

and then tell me, why was blizzard in such troubles? or why is EVE losing so many players?.... sad that i played them both. i liked them both alot. but then....
*cry its too hard more crying*
and i fkin loved EVE. when fights lasted 6 hours straight. no breaks. it was a challenge. and you have to accept it. or leave it and do something else.
PGI is doing well listening not to crying casuals or getting too much power in the hands of forum warriors.
i wont say that they dont have to fix a bit in the skill-mechanics but just for the sake of it i wish they would go back to the old battle-rewards where the repairs and ammo can leave you with -48k c-bills.

then you can cry again about the lack of c-bills after a fight.
not now just because you actually have to play to get a new mech.

#55 Milt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

Look, I'm not saying we need to make the game easy but recently the game has made some significant changes and more are on the horizon. Not too far in the past, we were making the same gxp, xp and c-bills as we are now with maybe 25% of the products available. I was comfortable and happy at that time. And now with this new dropship mode on the horizon we will go from outfitting 1 mech to 4. And the rewards will be the same unless we express our opinions. What I would like to see is an increase in gxp from 10% to 20% of xp gained. That is not a huge increase from what it is and will in no way remove the grind. The things we have to spend our currency on have increased while our income has not.

#56 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

that would imply that because we have more mechs to pick from they have to give us cheaper mechbays etc etc. no. they dont.
fact is, you play their game. i think this 3 variant skillthing is complete fail but guess what, i still play mechs with only the basic skils because i dont need elite or x2 basic skills to be good.
i also elited the banshee which takes alot of c-bills.
i just made the decision to not master them juust for a lousy moduleslot that i dont use anyway.
saved me time. saved me c-bills. could sell that terrible S variant of the banshee.

clanmechs just seem to be expensive because of their XL engines. IS mechs would be the same price with them.
good thing that we can choose ourselves what mech we want to play eh?

now, by your last sentence, it would be a failure to get more things into a game. because ppl get unhappy and cant decide what to buy now.

*massive facedesk*

i know what you want to say. and i can somehow understand it but really, dropship mode isnt even out and theres already drama about it. start the drama when its out and tested.

#57 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostAliisa White, on 01 October 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

That is absolutely ridiculous, you say it's bad to have new players in a game where all you do is play matches against other people and you call other people shortsighted? I think you need to get a grip.

see WoW after it went to **** because they wanted to attract more ppl. see what happens to EVE online because they barely fix stuff but making everything easier, including ISK-earnings.

I don't understand how you can say reducing the crappy grind in this game is comparable to World of Warcraft getting worse, it's just not the same thing at all.

#58 Milt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

I absolutely love the number of mechs in the game and believe they are priced fairly. DHS are a necessity so I believe they are overpriced. My concern is that the cost of modules c-bill and gxp wise are quite high now with the number of them on the market. When there were very few of them the price was appropriate now with the sheer number of weapon modules out there, the market is flooded and needs a bit of a correction. I really like the direction they are going with the modules don't get me wrong. I'm just asking for a raise. Perhaps instead of increasing the gxp payout they could give an increased gxp reward for mastered mechs.

#59 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

I just calculated that playing 1 hour every day straight for 9 weeks would be just enough to get me all 3 Summoners. 9 weeks of gaming, and I get 1 heavy Clan mech. How many weeks do you think I'd need to get all 3 Dire Wolves?

Yeah, it's time to bring C-bill rewards back to what they were.

#60 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

it IS a bad thing if you flood the game with players that have no damn idea.
or have nothing to do with battletech since this is based on TableTop.
do you really think the majority of new players even knows what TableTop is?
i highly doubt this, they wont understand how mechanics work.
they wont understand why things are like they are now.
more forum-crying will appear.
and i am sick of players that want to know everything better on a game they dont understand.
and why should i not compare it with WoW? you had to grind there as well. alot.
and it went worse and worse with more people leaving the raids after they got what they wanted.
and other stuff.
if you dislike the grind so much, get out of it. no one forces you.
if you want to gather a playerbase around to force PGI to do stuff they dont want to do then just gtfo.
because no game company needs this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users