11 replies to this topic

#1 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:33 AM

There are real people at the other end of your keyboard.

http://www.upworthy....l-played?c=ufb1

#2 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

Interesting article, have you ever heard of Zangief Kid? For those who don't know, it basically about a kid named Casey who fought back against a bully two sizes smaller than him. Casey actually gave him a piledriver afterwards.

Edited by Will9761, 01 October 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#3 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:17 AM

The sad thing is my friend the sheer amount of people who will say" it's your fault for getting offended, get thicker skin."
It's a sad thing, but many,many will spout that line. It's NEVER the guy who abuses' fault. Never the taunter, always the taunted at fault.
That's what they'll say, videos like this will never reach them:(

#4 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

uh oh.... this thread had to happen eh? :D
seriously, if someone is offending you, just ignore it. its the internet.

with the words of Mudvayne: middlefinger is the flag that i wave when i'm silenced.

#5 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

I'm not offended by anything here. I just thought it's good for some people to remember this. I turned off my chat function in game because there's not much of use keeping it on. It's also why I joined a group that is a no profanity, family friendly, Christian TS server. So much less garbage and much more useful.

But some people should be reminded. Plus it's a very skillful response to online bullying.

#6 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

thats what i joined too btu sometimes the stupidity of mankind strikes me so hard that i can barely hold myself back. like 7 mechs chasing a lonely spider while 2 enemy mechs still capped. some people need a harsh rant along with teaching how to play.
or how NOT to lose a game on stupidity.

#7 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 01 October 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

The sad thing is my friend the sheer amount of people who will say" it's your fault for getting offended, get thicker skin."
It's a sad thing, but many,many will spout that line. It's NEVER the guy who abuses' fault. Never the taunter, always the taunted at fault.
That's what they'll say, videos like this will never reach them:(

Well my advice would be to simultaneously get thicker skin and let the pointless **** go but at the same time learn when its time to do something. Physically if necessary.

#8 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 02 October 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

Well my advice would be to simultaneously get thicker skin and let the pointless **** go but at the same time learn when its time to do something. Physically if necessary.

Maybe so, but it shouldn't always be up to people to grow thicker skin. the thicker people's skin becomes, the sharper the knives become that are used to pierce it.

#9 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 02 October 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Maybe so, but it shouldn't always be up to people to grow thicker skin. the thicker people's skin becomes, the sharper the knives become that are used to pierce it.

Sad but true how that works eh?

#10 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

Sometimes problems arise though when something said doesn't seem like a slight when you say it but someone takes offence to it on the recieving end anyway. I mean, there's the obvious vulgar slander that's always inappropriate, but what happens when something said isn't intended as a slight or the person saying it doesn't realize?

I had a student once who was having difficulty with the stiffness of the controls for a machine she was being trained on. I made the comment of "normally I would simply say 'man up and deal with it' but I guess that won't work for you, eh?" I then showed her how to adjust the tension of the controls to her preference. The following day she filed a formal complaint with my boss and requested a new trainer over the comment. In hindsight that's kind of a grey area... but I really didn't mean it as a slight against her!

At the start of every match I usually say something silly like "Pika-pi pikachu!" or "Orbital Pillow Cannon FTW POMF!" with the hope of making someone smile/smirk/comment/ realize that we're all here to have fun. But, believe it or not, some people take offense to my lines and have repeatedly asked me to stop.

*sigh* sometimes it's not just black and white.

Edited by Flyby215, 02 October 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#11 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:02 AM

i miss the POMF in my team lol!

#12 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostMech42Ace, on 02 October 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Sad but true how that works eh?

Irony in truth.

Edited by kamiko kross, 03 October 2014 - 06:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users