Make Disconnects Invincible Until <Blank>

9 replies to this topic

#1 Samurai 7

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

For one reason or another my system will crash to desktop, or reboot; I try to rejoin the game but am always dead as soon as i do so, to the point where i don't see a point in attempting to rejoin.

Therefore, i suggest that any one that is in DC state be invulnerable to attack until the last man 'alive' man is dead or 5 minutes; which ever comes sooner.

I want to avoid making DC's strategic; but at the same time make it worth while to try and reconnect.

errr. topic should be 'until' not 'unit'

Edited by Samurai 7, 01 October 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

You have a moment to reconnect. It takes time for an opponent to close. The only thing you have to worry about is team killers and the guys who will shoot off one of your legs for fun because they are so ticked off at those who farm.

If it was up to me, I would say No. Sorry.

#3 Samurai 7

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Sorry I didn't respond; But it takes a minimum of 2 mins to re-login and rejoin a match.
If the computer reboot because of some other DX error that only happens with this game, then that is 4min - 5 mins.

There are very few maps that you will survive that long; By the time I reconnect i am normally dead in 2 mins because of some erppc sniper or a light that has found me.

i don't think that 5 mins is too much to ask for a grace period.

#4 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

This is preposterous! The exploitation will be HUGE!
5 whole minutes of invincibility because your computer or connection couldn't handle the game?

I'm not even trying to be rude here, but this is ridiculous.

Edited by Burktross, 07 October 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#5 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

Ditto

#6 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

Edited by OliverTwisted, 07 October 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#7 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

I kind of agree with the original poster. I have a fairly up to date computer I74770 12g ram GTX660. I was getting a Gpu driver has stopped responding and has recovered error message quite frequently. I didn't have to reboot my computer but I did have to reboot the game and log back in which does take considerable time. I was even experimenting with making a macro so I could enter my password with a single button press. I was still dead 99% of the time upon after rejoining. I did eventually fix the problem by using EVGA's PrecisionX overclock software, by upping the voltage(a little at a time) and underclocking the gpu by 28, I lost no performance by the way. Thanks to Durant Carlyle for the underclock idea. It is kind of funny to log back in and see yourself explode and your arms and legs fall off.
It would also be funny to log back in and be totally surrounded, with several mechs waiting to send you straight to hell'

Edited by OliverTwisted, 07 October 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#8 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

Kalimaster im assuming you think these disconnects only happen at the very beginning of the match, but it never happens like that for me if so I would agree with you.

#9 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostOliverTwisted, on 07 October 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

I kind of agree with the original poster. I have a fairly up to date computer I74770 12g ram GTX660. I was getting a Gpu driver has stopped responding and has recovered error message quite frequently. I didn't have to reboot my computer but I did have to reboot the game and log back in which does take considerable time. I was even experimenting with making a macro so I could enter my password with a single button press. I was still dead 99% of the time upon after rejoining. I did eventually fix the problem by using EVGA's PrecisionX overclock software, by upping the voltage(a little at a time) and underclocking the gpu by 28, I lost no performance by the way. Thanks to Durant Carlyle for the underclock idea. It is kind of funny to log back in and see yourself explode and your arms and legs fall off.
It would also be funny to log back in and be totally surrounded, with several mechs waiting to send you straight to hell'

You should never have a grace period for an error on your end. This is incredibly abusable, not to mention obnoxious. Why should a 1/3rd of the game be held up because you crashed? What if the team passes by your invincimech, shrugging you off because you very well could be gone for the whole match, and you just come back in the thick of it to kill them from behind. Should they stop pushing on their advance just because you DC'd? No. Abusable and unfair to other players.

#10 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

I didn';t really agree with 5minutes I was thinking more like one or two, or maybe not invincible at all but a temporary ecm coverage or something like that. Plus it wasn't an error on my end I sent several support tickets asking for help with the problem and they could not help, it took a concerned and helpful member to help straighten out my problem. Who would have thought I would have to underclock a stock GPU. The error was only occurring on MWO and on an Nvidia card which is a MWO sponsor

Edited by OliverTwisted, 07 October 2014 - 04:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users