52 replies to this topic

#1 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

Time for PGI to start banning I think, hate to suggest this but ingame language is getting out of hand, many children 10 and under watch these matches with dad or mum and those kids who do play don't need to read the stuff in lance or team comments, c'mon guys and girls lets moderate ourselves and not force PGI to do it for us, I understand your frustration about some aspects while ingame but let's keep this clean, use your facebook or twitter for that kind of language.
Concerned parent
ATTAKHAN666

#2 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

Could be a troll post but...

It's now possible to block all chat using the options menu.

simply go to settings, look for the tab labelled "notification settings", and then uncheck all the boxes.

Or you could join Seraphim, they don't allow foul mouthed pilots on their team.

#3 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

i for one *attempt* to subsitute not so foul word for the foul ones i totally want to say

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

Bro, do you even internet?

#5 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

How about adding a censor system like on the forums? No need to get crazy here.

#6 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

By and large, my experience with this community has been pretty decent in-game. Like any online community, however, it has it's share of people who let out their inner homophobic, racist misogynist at the slightest provocation. I think a profanity filter would be nice in-game for those who want it, but in the mean time, the best solution is probably to turn off chat.

#7 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

This game is rated "T" for Teen. You're a horrible parent.

#8 Jack Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSwimming in the lava pools of the Pug Zapper of Mordor, Planet Terra Derpa

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

The language is about as bad as always. But, yeah, try keeping All Chat turned off, that has always seemed to be the biggest offender to me.

#9 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

The game has a strict 13+ minimum age, and little kids shouldn't be playing a game obviously mainly played by the 25+ crowd.

#10 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

I think people should just grow up
On one hand, it's the internet, language is a part of it but when I have a guy dropping N bombs at me because my laser grazed over his leg* then it's a bit much, people ten dot fly off the handle when there are no concequences for doing so.

*I literally had a a guy say to me " YOU [redacted] ABOUT LEGGED ME YOU DUMB [REDACTED]" ,not making it up.

Edited by Mal, 01 October 2014 - 09:06 PM.
Bypassing Language filter

#11 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

fair comments, and i agree with most, bad parent, nope, try being one one day, it is T for teen, still doesn't mean you can do as you like, just because you have a gun doesn't mean you you have to shoot someone does it, just a little restraint was all, if I offend then my apologies that was not my intent, do i internet, i was probably on it while you were still in nappies, does common courtesy really offend some of you so much, i love this game just don't like being called a [REDACTED] just because you die at the enemies hand and you blame me and everyone else, anyway's have a good one guys.

Edited by Mal, 01 October 2014 - 09:05 PM.
Bypassing language filter is bad.. Mmmkay?

#12 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

It's an old franchise for old people who have credit cards for "micro"transactions. You don't believe they're marketing $100 preorder packages to ten year olds, do you? Perhaps an optional chat filter might be in order.

But, really, you'll find plenty of profanity on the twitch streams and teamspeak servers the community embraces; and assuming we finally get a VOIP solution after all this time, written swears will be the least of your concerns if you're letting elementary schoolers play this war game about a dystopian future where hired killers face off against racist caricatures with eugenics-happy invaders thrown into the mix.

#13 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 01 October 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

This game is rated "T" for Teen. You're a horrible parent.

/signed.

@OP: if you have a 10 year old playing MWO, you need to spend less time playing video games and more time parenting.

#14 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

Instead of asking us to raise your kids for you, just DONT LET THEM WATCH THE GAME/MOVIE/TV SHOW WITH THE BAD LANGUAGE/SEX/VIOLENCE YOU DONT WANT THEM TO SEE! Why should the majority have to change their behavior because you don't want to regulate your children.

#15 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

Well, this escalated quickly.

#16 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

I think you'll find that your children are remarkably robust and may grow up to become well-adjusted, healthy human beings, despite playing this video game where people kill each other for fun, while discussing the magic of intercourse.

#17 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostATTAKHAN666, on 01 October 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

fair comments, and i agree with most, bad parent, nope, try being one one day, it is T for teen, still doesn't mean you can do as you like, just because you have a gun doesn't mean you you have to shoot someone does it, just a little restraint was all, if I offend then my apologies that was not my intent, do i internet, i was probably on it while you were still in nappies, does common courtesy really offend some of you so much, i love this game just don't like being called a [redacted]t just because you die at the enemies hand and you blame me and everyone else, anyway's have a good one guys.

I can understand with being a dad myself, but I make it a point to play games like MWO or any violent /MMO when my boy is either asleep or out with his Mom

I do this to avoid exposing him to internet idots too early. And for the record my boy is 19 months.

Edited by Mal, 01 October 2014 - 09:07 PM.
Language

#18 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Im kinda with the op on a Language filter.

#19 Zensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 605 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

I've seen worse on South Park, I think you need to play Hello Kitty and leave the mechs to the grownups

#20 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

you cant stop kids learning bad language at any time. they hear it on the streets, in school from others, older children. the only thing you can do is teach them to be careful with such words.
children can learn so damn fast it just takes one word form a person 10m away and they ask you what it is lol.
and yes a language filter would be good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users