When Do We Get Ebon Jaguar/cauldron Born?

70 replies to this topic

#1 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

Of the Mechs you listed, here are the ones I'd like to see:
  • Ebon Jaguar
  • Fire Moth
  • Executioner
  • Marauder IIC, Rifleman IIC, Warhammer IIC, but aren't they unseen?
  • Phantom
  • Shadow Cat
I'd also like to see the Wolfhound/Wolfhound IIC.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 02 October 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#2 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

PGI has already stated at this point that it will be some time before they consider the IIC line. I'll go down the rest of the list and rattle 'em off as being acceptable for inclusion at the moment. In-game timeline is 3049.

The Dasher is viable within the timeframe, but PGI's statement regarding MASC being very low priority at the moment means it's very unlikely we'll see this, considering the only other MASC-utilizing design, the Flea, has already been delayed indefinitely.

The Caudron-Born is first seen by the Inner Sphere in 3052, during the Battle of Luthien, so this one's still a few years out.

The Grizzly has only one variant that is timeline-appropriate, and is extremely rare given it ceased production in 3013 and only was seen in training units.

Though rarely seen outside of clan space, the Vixen is timeline-appropriate, and has enough variants. Though PGI seems to be focusing on Omnimechs for the clans, it is entirely possible we could see the Vixen at some point.

The Gladiator is a good choice, being a well-known Ghost Bear assault Omni design with plenty of variants for the timeline. Sadly, it also utilizes MASC, ruling it out until further notice.

The Behemoth doesn't have enough variants to be viable in the current timeframe, nor is it an omnimech

The Phantom first appears in 3052, and first sees action in the Refusal War. We won't see this one for a while.

The Linebacker is another 3052 design.

The Naga is extremely unlikely as it utilizes Arrow IV artillery in it's primary configuration.

The Kodiak is timeline-appropriate, but lacks enough variants within the current timeframe.

The Peregrine is a potential option, even though it is not an Omnimech.

The Supernova does not have enough variants for the current timeline, nor is it an Omnimech.

Finally, the Shadow Cat is unlikely for a few reasons. Firstly, it appears in the Inner Sphere at the Battle of Luthien. Secondly, it utilizes MASC. While I'm sure plenty of clanners would love to see this, it's doubtful.

Hope that helps~

EDIT: Updated Executioner with MASC info

Edited by Mattiator, 02 October 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#3 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostMattiator, on 02 October 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

PGI has already stated at this point that it will be some time before they consider the IIC line. I'll go down the rest of the list and rattle 'em off as being acceptable for inclusion at the moment. In-game timeline is 3049.

The Dasher is viable within the timeframe, but PGI's statement regarding MASC being very low priority at the moment means it's very unlikely we'll see this, considering the only other MASC-utilizing design, the Flea, has already been delayed indefinitely.

The Caudron-Born is first seen by the Inner Sphere in 3052, during the Battle of Luthien, so this one's still a few years out.

The Grizzly has only one variant that is timeline-appropriate, and is extremely rare given it ceased production in 3013 and only was seen in training units.

Though rarely seen outside of clan space, the Vixen is timeline-appropriate, and has enough variants. Though PGI seems to be focusing on Omnimechs for the clans, it is entirely possible we could see the Vixen at some point.

The Gladiator is very easy to see, being a well-known Ghost Bear assault Omni design with plenty of variants for the timeline.

The Behemoth doesn't have enough variants to be viable in the current timeframe, nor is it an omnimech

The Phantom first appears in 3052, and first sees action in the Refusal War. We won't see this one for a while.

The Linebacker is another 3052 design.

The Naga is extremely unlikely as it utilizes Arrow IV artillery in it's primary configuration.

The Kodiak is timeline-appropriate, but lacks enough variants within the current timeframe.

The Peregrine is a potential option, even though it is not an Omnimech.

The Supernova does not have enough variants for the current timeline, nor is it an Omnimech.

Finally, the Shadow Cat is unlikely for a few reasons. Firstly, it appears in the Inner Sphere at the Battle of Luthien. Secondly, it utilizes MASC. While I'm sure plenty of clanners would love to see this, it's doubtful.

Hope that helps~

I love the Gladiator but its primary config also utilizes MASC. I hope they can get 'mechs that use MASC into the game eventually.

Edited by JRR1285, 02 October 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#4 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

Basically count out anything that isn't an Omnimech in the 3050 TRO and then exclude anything that has MASC in the primary config.

I'm sure we'll eventually see Clan battlemechs but with as much is on their plate right now I don't think that's something that is a very high priority for them. I think I remember seeing a post from Russ that the IIC battlemechs are especially low priority.

#5 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Why don't they create the mechs that utilize masc just hold up the MASC space with some unmovable block or something and when MASC is implemented just replace the space holder with the MASC? They can then create the mechs and then be done.

Also there doesn't need to be a bunch of variants for any Omni mechs they are Omni for a reason.

Also as for designs that aren't supposed to be here, BattleMaster was put out of production in the 2800s and the models are now getting rare. Why are they everywhere? Or any Project Phoenix mech Redesign for that matter? Project Phoenix didn't do ANY redesign but was done to create a few new designs. And those new mechs were never seen after that except Hatchetman.

If we are being Lore tight (which this game is not going to be as stated by PGI) then none of these Shadow Hawks and Griffins and Wolverines should be in the stores because they are not being manufactured at all. Also they have released plenty of mechs when starting out that only have like 3 variants. Plus why worry about the number of variants at all? We don't care how many there are (many of us do not have time to master 5 variants for each mech). We'd rather just see the mech.

Also its about time some new technology entered into the galaxy like Arrow IV.

#6 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

It was a while back, but PGI mentioned that they had more than enough mechs with three variants, and they want all their 'Mechs to be masterable. Can't believe I missed the MASC on the Executioner, that would rule it out too. The problem with just having a big ol' useless MASC brick is that that would imply they actually plan on bringing in functionality for it soon. At least with the Command Console in the D-DC it could be stripped out. I would love for them to figure out how to implement MASC but I'm not holding their breath with how they described the issues with it.

Also, keep in mind when I said "Rare" with regards to the Grizzly, it was as an aside, the main reasoning is that it only has a single variant in the timeline, which doesn't meet PGI's three-minimum. All the 'Mechs I said wouldn't make it in were solely because either a) Issues with tech used [MASC], B) Not seen/known to the Inner Sphere in the timeframe, and c) Lacks three viable variants. Getting into rarity of 'Mechs currently in the game within the lore is a whole other can of worms I'm not going into.
And oh dear god, please don't bring Arrow IV in. We already have artillery consumables (which probably IS Arrow IV) and Mechwarrior 4's interpretation of the AIV was in name only.

#7 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

I would count on the Cauldron-Born as the next clan heavy we get

#8 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

Either Ebon Jaguar as next, or Night Gyr, and if the latter GG everyone. Both would require a 3 year time skip, though.

Also looking, at that same time skip point, at the Turkina, Arctic Cheetah, and Huntsman, all of which are Omnis with plenty of variants, but seen at or after Battle of Luthien.

#9 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

Also regarding Unseen: Shadow Hawk, Battlemaster, Griffin, Locust, Thunderbolt, and Wolverine are ALL unseen.

Plus who cares about the time skip just for a few mechs? Or just a tiny little Retcon? What is the big deal? PGI already said we would be able to shape the Clan Wars our way ssssooooo, what is following Lore anyways? Skipping ahead isn't hard nor important since in this new MW timeline nothing is set in stone.

Also what is the big deal with MASC? Just do it like FPSs do with the Sprint button. All it does is accelerates you and if you keep doing it, it will blow out your legs. Just do a similar Heat thing. You activate MASC (like overriding heat) but you have to be careful or BOOMS! You'll be immobilized and die. What is so hard. Half the death code is already there.

#10 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostThe Advisor, on 02 October 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Also regarding Unseen: Shadow Hawk, Battlemaster, Griffin, Locust, Thunderbolt, and Wolverine are ALL unseen.

Plus who cares about the time skip just for a few mechs? Or just a tiny little Retcon? What is the big deal? PGI already said we would be able to shape the Clan Wars our way ssssooooo, what is following Lore anyways? Skipping ahead isn't hard nor important since in this new MW timeline nothing is set in stone.

Also what is the big deal with MASC? Just do it like FPSs do with the Sprint button. All it does is accelerates you and if you keep doing it, it will blow out your legs. Just do a similar Heat thing. You activate MASC (like overriding heat) but you have to be careful or BOOMS! You'll be immobilized and die. What is so hard. Half the death code is already there.

I think the big issue with MASC is they have said that light 'mechs capable of using it (eg. Flea and Firemoth) would be moving too fast for satisfactory hit registration. I could be remembering wrong but that's what I recall.

#11 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

So what. When moving that fast no one will be hitting them anyways. LRMs will be WAY to slow, and the only hit will be lasers which will barely be on a second to do any damage anyways.

Also King Crab should not be in production either. It was cancelled after Atlas came into existence and was not to come back till Word of Blake. Only ComStar had any of the mechs left when Tukayyid came around and were upgrading them and stuff before finally getting the factory operating again just before Tukayyid which is 2 or 3 years away. If KING CRAB CAN BE RETCONNED TO LIFE SO CAN THE MECHS THAT DON'T APPEAR TILL LUTHIEN.

#12 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

The FRR needs the King Crab and so does anyone who wants an AC/40 assault mech. Don't over think it ;)

Posted Image

We are the crab people!

(we'll just steal them when ComStar isn't looking and blame it on the Draconis)

Edited by Tabu 73, 02 October 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#13 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 02 October 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Well one of the most iconic Torso Twistless mechs is still to make an appearance. While I love the current line up Ebon Jaguar, Fire Moth, Marauder IIC, Executioner, Grizzly, Incubus, Jenner IIC, Warhammer IIC, Rifleman IIC, Stone Rhino, Phantom, Line Backer, Naga, Kodiak, and Horned Owl, Super Nova, and Shadow Cat are all missing and these are quintessential mechs from the original days of MW2 and 3. When will they get an appearance. I know Marauder is a copyright of Harmony Gold but it only requires the 15 to 25% design difference before being out of their grasp. When do we get to see these mechs that are burned into the life of what is MW?

Edit- And I can guess all of us who are Clansmen were wanting to see these mechs a lot anyways.

I'm responding specifically for the Ebon Jaguar.

That mech is a 3052 mech. Yes, it was produced earlier, but no one ever saw it until 3052, during the battle of Luthien.

#14 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

Also, the Bushwacker would be great!

[fingers crossed for next year]

#15 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

The FRR needs the King Crab and so does anyone who wants an AC/40 assault mech. Don't over think it ;)

Except only the people who buy BOTH TOP TIER CLAN PACKs will get it because after it is introduced for C-Bills Community Warfare will be out so we won't be able to get it because the Factory is not on a FRR world which means were shafted (for those of us who don't have 400 dollars to blow at any time).

That mech is a 3052 mech. Yes, it was produced earlier, but no one ever saw it until 3052, during the battle of Luthien.

King Crab wasn't back in production until 3052. Yet we are getting it in 3049.... same as the Phoenix mechs...... What is Lore abiding here?

Shouldn't Timber Wolf have been released first? First Clan mech seen. Why is it second to last for Wave 1? Lore has no meaning in a game that won't abide by it.

#16 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostThe Advisor, on 02 October 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Except only the people who buy BOTH TOP TIER CLAN PACKs will get it because after it is introduced for C-Bills Community Warfare will be out so we won't be able to get it because the Factory is not on a FRR world which means were shafted

Eh, we'll just buy them from the Mariks then :P

or borrow them from ComStar :ph34r:

#17 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

It isnt mentioned but this is how I think the Cauldron Born was deployed. Leave's Huntress (and falls into Clan Black Sheeps Hands from the Production Facility (look for Mechs 00 to 20, you wont find them and no they were not used as test subjects as reported) and take up Garrison Positions until they are at the Front Line Combatants rotation in 3052 on Luthien. My Favorite load out for the CB is LBX 50 (2 20's and a 10)4 Tons ammo 2 ER Med Lasers, BAP and 1 Streak 4 +1 ton ammo. Doubt that MWO Version will allow for LBX 50 tho

#18 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

wow, the unseen confusion continues to rear it's ugly head

#19 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

Tarantula with Long Tom 'Thumper'/Mortar/'Most Devestating Weapon in the Mech Arsenal' Yeah I may only get 8 shots but with 56 points of damage be real nasty to lob over hills onto unsuspecting Spheroids

#20 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

Can people please think before requesting chassis that are no where near the current time line. Or is that too much to ask (no I am not refering to the Cauldron-Born). You know it's not going to happen, I know it's not going to happen, PGI is going to laugh and mock you for even considering it will happen, just stop beating the horse.

May I also suggest picking up a copy of the BattleTech TRO 3050 book if you haven't already. If it is not in there, do not hope for it any time in the foreseeable future. The only exceptions to this would be any Unseen PGI wish to recreate and even then I would not hold your breath or if it was in an earlier TRO (eg. 3039, 3025).

Here is a list of your Clan chassis:
Spoiler

Here is a list of your IS chassis:
Spoiler

If what you are asking for is not on either list. Do us all a favour and stop asking for it.

Edited by KelesK, 17 October 2014 - 03:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users