20 replies to this topic

#1 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

We've received plenty of nerfs with more still to come while the other guys will be getting buffed.

There are some things though I think they could give us that wouldn't be buffs per se but would definitely allow for some weapons to gain popularity and improve build diversification. Basically there are three things I would like to see that I don't think would be game breaking:

1. CERPPCs--a lot of people have gone away from these since the big speed nerfs. They are most certainly harder to use now and the huge amount of heat makes a lot of people just skip them for the CLPL. I propose the 15 damage is moved to a true 15 damage instead of the 10 +2.5 +2.5 we have now. I know a lot of people want to speed them back up but it looks like that will never happen because of their determination to keep them and Gauss rifles unlinked.

2. LBX ACs--why can't we get both ammo types with a toggle? I think this would be pretty simple. There would be two types of ammo available for every gun and you could just load out to your preference. 3 tons of slugs, 1 ton of shells, 2 and 2, whatever. Just add a toggle switch like they did for AMS and we'll be good to go.

3. LAMS--give us LAMS, pretty simple. While active it will just generate hps instead of consume ammo. It could mount to existing AMS hardpoints.

I think these changes would definitely help move away from the prevalence of laser heavy builds by giving us some more "pinpoint" damage options since our ACs and UACs are lacking compared to the IS ones.

I know lots of people want to see the heat reduced on CERMLs, CERLL duration lowered again, etc but those are all direct buffs that I doubt we'll ever see. Anything come to your mind?

#2 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

I just want them to cool off the lasers again. If something needs nerfed, nerf damage because I am tired of being heat locked all the time.

#3 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

I want the ERPPC speed bumped from 950-1200 m/s, and the heat generated specifically for CLAN ERPPC dropped from 15-14.

#4 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

Lower the heat for ER Mediums and extend the range of ER Smalls.

#5 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

I would like to see some front-loaded damage capability , with all the nerfs and coming IS buffs I would like to do 800 damage and get more kills with it. SEEMS I do 500 to 800 damage maybe 1 kill. I feel like Clan mechs are shooting paint balls. Guass is only pinpoint we got. Add at least a little FL damage capability.

Edited by SaltBeef, 02 October 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#6 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

honestly unless we have 50 pages for this thread of people crying nothing is going to happen. Sorry but its true

#7 Kadix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 169 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

I'd like to see the lasers toned down. Less heat, less damage, less duration.

#8 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostKadix, on 02 October 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

I'd like to see the lasers toned down. Less heat, LESS DAMAGE, less duration.

And the award for the least clan like statement ever goes to the green bird....

#9 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

Cerppc give the full 15 damage so it is worth using. The er is capoooooot!

Imagine if Clan autocannons were just the double fire rate pinpoint weapons they are supposed to be..............stares off forever....

#10 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

It is my request that before Cw starts All mechs Is and clan get pass for quirks. I could not bare to watch 30yrs of battletech get flushed due to

more Is ECM mechs
Frontloaded IS Autocannons
Clumped Is LRM, s that shake mechs 2x as bad as clan lrm impacts
less heat for lasers
less duration for lasers
A cooler med range ppc
fast light mechs
more mechs to choose from
better mech customization rules

All Is has to do is Ac and ppc meta load thier mechs and bumrush the clan team .....Clan mechs will melt in thier own heat and lack of effective Pp fire. Unless Clanners Spend the match running away to keep range advantage which gets less and less each nerf.

just my observations and concerns I own more IS mechs than Clan mechs.
Poor hitboxes on the harraser lights ember, spider
quirk buffs like erll ranges same as clans

if Clans are sent out as is you going to get rolled will sour the game for dedicated clan units. Better learn the guass and mount it on every clan mech you can and master it in the training grounds.

Edited by SaltBeef, 02 October 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:28 AM

I, for one, still use ERPPCs very much, both in my Timber Wolf and in my Kit Fox. I also plan to use one on an Ice Ferret. I honestly take it over the lasers too often, especially on the lighter 'Mechs, because they cannot afford to expose themselves for the required burn time. I still use ERLLs on my Timber Wolf, but that is about it. I still use several ERMLs and some ERSLs. If nothing else i would give a bit of love to the ERLL. Not sure about the LPL, i rarely use it.

I would like the ERPPC to have a bit of more speed, too.

I think generally UAC/s are good enough, they spread much more , but i like that they require more skill compared to the "glorified rifles" of the IS, which are not even true AutoCannons.

I would love to see a LAMS, too.

#12 ConanFodder

• Pip
  • The Medieval
  • The Medieval
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:54 AM

When you said LAMS the first thing I thought of was Land Air Mechs but Laser Anti Missile Systems would be good too.

#13 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 03 October 2014 - 04:28 AM, said:

I would love to see a LAMS, too.

If weapons were to be cooled down a bit I'd love LAMS, otherwise, they can keep it.

I haven't been playing too much due to the nerfs so I'm not up to snuff on every aspect that has changed, though I do agree they need to cut the duration, damage and heat on clan weapons. Exposure time is extremely important as IS has a significant amount of pin point damage, and clan mechs can't afford sticking their noses out any longer than they have to.

Edited by Todd Lightbringer, 03 October 2014 - 06:21 AM.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 03 October 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Exposure time is extremely important as IS has a significant amount of pin point damage, and clan mechs can't afford sticking their noses out any longer than they have to.

Tell it to the whiners.. <_<

#15 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

That X1000
We are totally outnumbered by the cry baby QQ crowd. Sadly some even wear clan faction icons.

#16 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 03 October 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

That X1000
We are totally outnumbered by the cry baby QQ crowd. Sadly some even wear clan faction icons.

This is when you start becoming "elitist".. :P

#17 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

Being a clansman is by definition being an elitist quiaff?

#18 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 03 October 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Being a clansman is by definition being an elitist quiaff?

In a way, aff, and except for a few Clans which value everyone the same ;)

Edited by CyclonerM, 03 October 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#19 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

No current penalty for falsely wearing a clan allegiance badge to further your IS QQ Agenda.

#20 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 02 October 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

We've received plenty of nerfs with more still to come while the other guys will be getting buffed.

There are some things though I think they could give us that wouldn't be buffs per se but would definitely allow for some weapons to gain popularity and improve build diversification. Basically there are three things I would like to see that I don't think would be game breaking:

1. CERPPCs--a lot of people have gone away from these since the big speed nerfs. They are most certainly harder to use now and the huge amount of heat makes a lot of people just skip them for the CLPL. I propose the 15 damage is moved to a true 15 damage instead of the 10 +2.5 +2.5 we have now. I know a lot of people want to speed them back up but it looks like that will never happen because of their determination to keep them and Gauss rifles unlinked.

2. LBX ACs--why can't we get both ammo types with a toggle? I think this would be pretty simple. There would be two types of ammo available for every gun and you could just load out to your preference. 3 tons of slugs, 1 ton of shells, 2 and 2, whatever. Just add a toggle switch like they did for AMS and we'll be good to go.

3. LAMS--give us LAMS, pretty simple. While active it will just generate hps instead of consume ammo. It could mount to existing AMS hardpoints.

I think these changes would definitely help move away from the prevalence of laser heavy builds by giving us some more "pinpoint" damage options since our ACs and UACs are lacking compared to the IS ones.

I know lots of people want to see the heat reduced on CERMLs, CERLL duration lowered again, etc but those are all direct buffs that I doubt we'll ever see. Anything come to your mind?

I'd rather have balanced game ASAP, than making and then revoking weapon changes all over again. So no to almost everything you've proposed.

cERPPC change you've proposed would consider only cERPPs and them alone. What about IS PPC/ERPPC that got hit by the speed nerf as well. I'd increase the speed of those weapons again.

Agreed on LAMS tho. I'd love to see those.

I'd also like to see c AC/uAC burst speed increase. uAC 20 is imho way too useless the way it is now, considering you cant neither boat them nor spam them (as UACs5). 5 rounds over 1.5s is way too much imho. And im saying that as a huge UAC20 fan over past few years. You could say it was the weapon i was looking forward to the most.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 04 October 2014 - 06:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users