• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

View Postice trey, on 04 October 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Not really pleased with this.
This just cheapens the Hero Mechs.

It especially cheapens the Founders Mechs, which still have the same bonuses, but have locked paint schemes and only marginal aesthetic changes for the Hunchback and Jenner.

When we were told that the founders were going to have advantages that we'd never see again, I was expecting that to mean that no other mechs would be getting C-bill or EXP bonuses quite as high as them, not that we'd be questioning whether it was worth it as every other mech purchased with MC is now on par or better than.

No, I'm not talking about "Pay to win", I'm talking about "Pay to grind less". I think that if the Champ mechs are getting bumped up for XP earnings, the Founders and Hero mechs should get a proportionately large bump in C-bill and XP earning mods.

Only Champion mechs give an XP boost, now they give a slightly better XP boost. Most folks wouldn't ever think of buying one flat out anyway for the old 10% bonus. Heroes and Founders get a CBill bonus, which is generally most useful for 90% of all players (remember, the bonus XP doesn't count on the trial mechs anyway).

#42 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

Bought the champion dragon because I've been using my c-bills for other things. My Fang and 1C were getting lonely. An extra 300XL and Gauss Rifle isn't bad either.

#43 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

Completely disagree with the percentage boost amount for the following reason: once again PGI has relegated the Founder Mechs to the same boost as the champions (and I already know it is XP vs. c-bills so no need to point that out to me). PGI now returning us to our regularly scheduled ignoring of these folks... SMH. Disappointed once again with the treatment of folks like me. Do me a favor and at some point at least give the Founders Mechs a new skin so they don't look like they have been rolling around in axle grease and dirt. Your Founders are the ones who helped get you the cash you needed to get this party started over 2 years ago... it would be nice to see us actually have a benefit (the other Mechs are nice and all but seriously enough is enough because everyone will be able to get them at some point). I love my Founders Catapult and Jenner and enjoy driving them both. But compared to the other Mechs out there they look dated and had been whooped with the "old and busted" stick and the boosts are once again on par with the rest. Fix this please.

Edited by Juvat, 06 October 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#44 Jagger225

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

Great colors, camos, & champions sale!

I'm looking for more c-bill sales like just before clans came out. :) :) :)

MOAR INNER SPHERE!!

#45 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 03 October 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

My question for PGI: When is the Hellslinger going to be on sale? You know, that really awesome Battlemaster? I'm foaming at the mouth! Must. Get. Hellslinger. Must. Wait. For. Sale.

I don't know about you, but im personally waiting for Sparky.. ..two Griffins & waiting for a third.

#46 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 03 October 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

We've permanently increased the XP bonus on all Champion 'Mechs to 30%
(Previous value: 10%)

Sweet. Looking forward to enjoying that boost during the next 2x XP event. ;)

#47 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

I just wish I could prepurchase Fractal for the MadDogs ive been running around in :'(

#48 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:01 AM

View PostJuvat, on 06 October 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Completely disagree with the percentage boost amount for the following reason: once again PGI has relegated the Founder Mechs to the same boost as the champions (and I already know it is XP vs. c-bills so no need to point that out to me).
But CBill boost is infinately more useful than XP Boost. 10% was pitiful for XP. Why do you think they run double XP weekends all the time, but never double CBill weekends?

PGI now returning us to our regularly scheduled ignoring of these folks... SMH. Disappointed once again with the treatment of folks like me. Do me a favor and at some point at least give the Founders Mechs a new skin so they don't look like they have been rolling around in axle grease and dirt. Your Founders are the ones who helped get you the cash you needed to get this party started over 2 years ago... it would be nice to see us actually have a benefit (the other Mechs are nice and all but seriously enough is enough because everyone will be able to get them at some point). I love my Founders Catapult and Jenner and enjoy driving them both. But compared to the other Mechs out there they look dated and had been whooped with the "old and busted" stick and the boosts are once again on par with the rest. Fix this please.

Founds got their mechs boosted to 30% recently, so they're not being ignored. They're also getting some free mechs (the Atlas S, Cent AH, and possibly the King Crab). Sure, others are getting those as well, but it's a thank you to the founders as much as anyone.

Keep in mind, you're basically saying "I gave you money over 2 years ago, why aren't you still thanking me?" This is ultimately a business, and catering exclusively to the past customers doesn't help you draw in new ones.

As far as the founders mechs go, they'll get the same boosts from the quirks pass that other mechs will, which should help make them more useful. And personally, I like the Founders skin/geometry, it's pretty cool (Though I don't think I've ever seen a founders Hunchback in game)

#49 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:13 AM

wrong section delete.

Edited by SovietArmada, 07 October 2014 - 05:13 AM.

#50 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostBront, on 07 October 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

But CBill boost is infinately more useful than XP Boost. 10% was pitiful for XP. Why do you think they run double XP weekends all the time, but never double CBill weekends? Founds got their mechs boosted to 30% recently, so they're not being ignored. They're also getting some free mechs (the Atlas S, Cent AH, and possibly the King Crab). Sure, others are getting those as well, but it's a thank you to the founders as much as anyone. Keep in mind, you're basically saying "I gave you money over 2 years ago, why aren't you still thanking me?" This is ultimately a business, and catering exclusively to the past customers doesn't help you draw in new ones. As far as the founders mechs go, they'll get the same boosts from the quirks pass that other mechs will, which should help make them more useful. And personally, I like the Founders skin/geometry, it's pretty cool (Though I don't think I've ever seen a founders Hunchback in game)

I agree 100%

1) The Founders have never granted a XP bonus. You didnt complain when it was 10%, but now that it is 30% and at least semi-usseful (still not useful enough to buy a Chamopion, but a little useful if you are grinding XP to convert to GXP and you happen to love a particular champion mech) you get all in a tizzy?

2) As stated above, PGI owes you nothing. Sure they gave the founders a tip of the cap with the KC and the raise in bonus to 30% (which at least has some small level of reasoning behind it), but that was a gift, a thank you, not an ongoing reward system.

Stop being greedy. Heck, if you bought the Sarah Jenner, you already have a Champion mech to use instead of your Founders Jenner! You did buy a Sarah, right? Because if you had the cash for it and didn't you have ZERO legs to stand on.

Edited by Sprouticus, 07 October 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#51 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

Wasn't there suppose to be a Pink colour sales for awareness this month?

#52 Lamhirh

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLe Paris

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

Is catphracr champion price bugged? Its more expensicve than much heavier champs in this promo.( about 200 MC mor than atlas?)

#53 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostLamhirh, on 07 October 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

Is catphracr champion price bugged? Its more expensicve than much heavier champs in this promo.( about 200 MC mor than atlas?)

No. See, Champion mechs are ALWAYS 25% more MC than the original variant it is based off.

The thing is, the MC prices on mechs are influenced by the regular C-bill prices of the mechs, factoring its loadout.

Given that the stock Cataphract-3D has an XL engine, it increases its price. You can see the same thing happen with the Cicada-3M.

So, as a result, the price of the Cataphract-3D is crazy when you put those things together... and it looks crazy beside the stock Champion build has a STD engine.

Edited by Deathlike, 07 October 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#54 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:30 AM

Completely disagree with the percentage boost amount for the following reason: once again PGI has relegated the Founder Mechs to the same boost as the champions (and I already know it is XP vs. c-bills so no need to point that out to me). PGI now returning us to our regularly scheduled ignoring of these folks... SMH. Disappointed once again with the treatment of folks like me. Do me a favor and at some point at least give the Founders Mechs a new skin so they don't look like they have been rolling around in axle grease and dirt. Your Founders are the ones who helped get you the cash you needed to get this party started over 2 years ago... it would be nice to see us actually have a benefit (the other Mechs are nice and all but seriously enough is enough because everyone will be able to get them at some point). I love my Founders Catapult and Jenner and enjoy driving them both. But compared to the other Mechs out there they look dated and had been whooped with the "old and busted" stick and the boosts are once again on par with the rest. Fix this please.

Dude! Just wait for the "Founders Only Challenge" Weekend. Then only the Founders can play that weekend (in the Challenge) and the Prize Pool will be enormous. Every Founder, by level, gets a huge C-Bill infusion at the door with a Mega GXP side order. ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 07 October 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#55 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

In a truly heartbreaking turn of events...

I just got back from a 1 week work trip with no access to MWO, and find that this sale, which is EXACTLY the kind of sale I've been waiting for...is over. :mellow:

So to the KTO-18(C) to replace my KTO-18, the Woodland Pattern Unlock x 3, and the last 4 Camo colors I have been waiting to pick up...I'll see you next time eh? <_<

Outside of that though. GREAT sale PGI, keep it up! :)

#56 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostBront, on 07 October 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

But CBill boost is infinately more useful than XP Boost. 10% was pitiful for XP. Why do you think they run double XP weekends all the time, but never double CBill weekends?

Founds got their mechs boosted to 30% recently, so they're not being ignored. They're also getting some free mechs (the Atlas S, Cent AH, and possibly the King Crab). Sure, others are getting those as well, but it's a thank you to the founders as much as anyone.

Keep in mind, you're basically saying "I gave you money over 2 years ago, why aren't you still thanking me?" This is ultimately a business, and catering exclusively to the past customers doesn't help you draw in new ones.

As far as the founders mechs go, they'll get the same boosts from the quirks pass that other mechs will, which should help make them more useful. And personally, I like the Founders skin/geometry, it's pretty cool (Though I don't think I've ever seen a founders Hunchback in game)

Actually, as you can see from my tags, I have given them money continually for the past 2 1/2 years ;) I'm not asking them for anything that we, as Founders, haven't already earned. What gets me riled up is the "Johnny come lately's" who want the same perks as what I paid for. Hence why the Founders and Phoenix packs were limited time. However, what I don't like seeing is a benefit I paid for getting wiped out because of someone's whining about missing the boat. It's how you maintain long term loyalty ;)

#57 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostJuvat, on 21 October 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Actually, as you can see from my tags, I have given them money continually for the past 2 1/2 years ;) I'm not asking them for anything that we, as Founders, haven't already earned. What gets me riled up is the "Johnny come lately's" who want the same perks as what I paid for. Hence why the Founders and Phoenix packs were limited time. However, what I don't like seeing is a benefit I paid for getting wiped out because of someone's whining about missing the boat. It's how you maintain long term loyalty ;)

And the new IS pack is on sale, and they didn't reopen the old ones, so everyone's happy :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users