Dire Jager?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

I am not one of the all time great mechs warriors here. Also I don't think I have ever posted here before despite reading religiously YOUR evaluations of mechs or Omni's I am considering.

I want to build the love child of the Rifleman & the Jagermech on the clan Dire Wolf A chassis. Will 2 Ultra 2s& 2 Ultra 5s, twin ER Large Lasers and ER Medium Lasers when teamed with TC5/AMS and 8 tons of UA/C ammo be competitive in your average single drop PUG game?

Please give me constructive criticism not flaming. I need fair honest insight.

Thank you all immensely.

#2 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

It'll be a weird build because the AMS will make it off-sided but some people also like that. I really don't see this as competitive in pick-up games because it will have to run pretty hot and I don't think ultra-ac/2s are that competitive compared to uac5 because firing the UAC2 nonstop requires 14 heat sinks compared to only 7 with the UAC5, and the damage is slightly less. You should have plenty of tons to spare on the direwolf.

I'd switch the build around to be 4 UAC5 and 4 medium pulse lasers (which produce the same amount of heat as er-medium lasers, but fire faster) Although I'd consider going 6 or 8 er-medium lasers depending on how much ammo/heatsinks/space you need

Edited by One of Little Harmony, 04 October 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#3 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 04 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I am not one of the all time great mechs warriors here. Also I don't think I have ever posted here before despite reading religiously YOUR evaluations of mechs or Omni's I am considering.

I want to build the love child of the Rifleman & the Jagermech on the clan Dire Wolf A chassis. Will 2 Ultra 2s& 2 Ultra 5s, twin ER Large Lasers and ER Medium Lasers when teamed with TC5/AMS and 8 tons of UA/C ammo be competitive in your average single drop PUG game?

Please give me constructive criticism not flaming. I need fair honest insight.

Thank you all immensely.

Don't bother with UAC 2s, they are terrible.

You could run what you are suggesting otherwise and it would be fine - perhaps a touch light on cooling, but I'd do it like this instead:

Your version with AMS: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...76d7f82cd8721bb

My version without AMS on the DWF-B: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...662dcd82e9a6334

Less ammo, more cooling: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...91a8d10b21571fa

I've played the two I posted on the DWF-B, it's a solid build, good cooling, back up weapons with a lot of punch - plenty of dakka.

It's not the most efficient type of Dire Wolf build, but if you like dakka you'll enjoy it.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 04 October 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#4 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

Thanks folks I will try to use these builds and see which I love.

#5 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

I personally do not bother with meta comptetive builds, make what ever you feel good in. I ran a stock direwolf B for a very short time and enjoyed the 4 UAC 2's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users