14 replies to this topic

#1 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:59 PM

Rgarding the Mech tree
Let us Grind more for the XP and Less for the CB. 1 mech sould be able to be mastered without having to buy to trash variants but you can double or more the XP needed for it. This will also give perpose to chamion mechs and the 1st Victory of the day.
I find myself playing a lot less couse of the skill tree, There are several mechs i want to get but i think the time i need to spend to buy 2 extras for each of them and i end up not playing at all. I know for sure that if i could buy a mech and master it strate away i'de buy more mechs and more mechbays to house them also i bet i am not the only one.

Regarding saving loadouts
For each mech we have own we could buy the ability to save loadouts. the 1st loadout slot would cost Half the price of the mean price of the chassis. The 2nd would cost the mean price of the chassis, the 3rd double. From the 4rth you could charge MC like Half of a mech bay

Regarding Hero mechs
Why have premium variants when you can instead give people the ability to make their favourite variants premium?
1)Release CB Versions of the hero mechs in a time frame
2)Give the Ability to give hero status to any mech you also can add deferent tiers of CB bonus from 10% to 30%
The reasons I suggest that are
-A lot of people feel like the Heros are better variant and consider MWO P2W
-People with smaller wallets can do it
-Having Premium on our favorite mech is better than having it on a random mech
Also i cannot see you losing money from this

Regarding MC
I suggest let players that use on a Mach Premium time and Premium mech to earn some MC

Regarding Mech bays
You could let us buy 2 with CB couse with dropship mode comming free players will have to have 1 mech from each class. Let the have a couple favorites too, it's only fair.

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 06 October 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#2 RazarG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationGrandside, Sydney

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:05 PM

How is this a business model? I don't think Mech XP Tree's is in anyone's business model.

#3 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostRazarG, on 05 October 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

How is this a business model? I don't think Mech XP Tree's is in anyone's business model.

buying more mech to master the one you want forcies you to buy mech bays which cost real money

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 06 October 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#4 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

The best things PGI could do, imo, in terms of their business model are to:

1. Double the MC we receive from MC package purchases, effectively halving the prices of everything.

2. Increase base in-game earnings to encourage premium time use. 50% more over 10 is a lot less than 50% more over 20.

#5 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostTechorse, on 06 October 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

The best things PGI could do, imo, in terms of their business model are to:

1. Double the MC we receive from MC package purchases, effectively halving the prices of everything.

2. Increase base in-game earnings to encourage premium time use. 50% more over 10 is a lot less than 50% more over 20.

These 2 things are cool but seem a little unrealistic to me

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 06 October 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#6 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:42 AM

Do people really think heros are pay to win? I actually laughed when I read this sorry. :D

Some heros are strong (Muromets), others are weak (Pretty Baby). None are P2W.

Edited by Maccasimus, 07 October 2014 - 01:42 AM.

#7 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

If you're going to suggest a business model change, I'd just looking at the means with which players obtain and use Premium time and MC.

I'd add a subscription service akin to SoE and EA when it comes to the SoE pass, and SWTOR for their subscriptions. It costs the flat monthly fee, or done in slightly cheaper 3/6/12 months intervals that can be purchased. With that you get a weekly stipend of MC, approximately $5 worth and premium time activated as long as the subscription is current. This is a constant revenue flow for those that subscribe so the slight "discount" by affording them the weekly stipend that can be saved for mechs or used on other items. This works in parallel with the current system of purchasing MC and Premium time at a whim so no change there.

With that, add care packages that can be purchased containing camo colors, camo patterns, mech equipment of all varieties including weapons, omnipods, equipment, modules and anything else that can be equipped through the customization options. Have those be tiered and go through classifying items by grade with gradually more expensive packages that provide better "loot" for the more expensive ones. Ensure anything included in those packages can be purchased normally in game adhering to the non-P2W mechanics. This is a system that can be taken from what MWTactics did, as well as the random packages for vanity items in SWTOR or Battlefield 3 and 4 for their premium service.

Make those packages readily accessible in the UI, like right in the store front...

Add a poll system within the title, likely in the social tab, that features weekly or monthly voting options for what players would like to see, namely the heavy and assault mech polls recently on the forums would be run through this system with a simple UI feedback for what is winning in the votes only after voting. This voting system could be used to determine what users would like to see as paid/free content or as what they'd like to have as the next event weekend.

#8 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostMaccasimus, on 07 October 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

Do people really think heros are pay to win? I actually laughed when I read this sorry. :D

Some heros are strong (Muromets), others are weak (Pretty Baby). None are P2W.

I agree with you but beleave it or not there are a lot of ppl that consider them P2W

#9 Dark Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostMirkk Defwode, on 07 October 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

This is a system that can be taken from what MWTactics did, as well as the random packages for vanity items in SWTOR or Battlefield 3 and 4 for their premium service.

There is no shame with MMOs borrowing things that work. Planetside 2 also has a loot drop system with receiving "implants" for directly doing something in the game. There is no active body-looting given the fast paced nature of the game. Instead, the loot implants are given automatically and pop-up on the screen to instantly reward the player as they're playing. There is even a small mini-crafting system to merge 3 of one tier to get a better implant the next tier up. It can hardly be considered P2W seeing that I've gotten so many implants and have done well not even using it.

#10 Dark Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 05 October 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

Regarding MC
I suggest let players that use on a Mach Premium time and Premium mech to earn some MC

This suggestion here will break the business model as I am heavily opposed to making MC worth less than what it is now. I prefer MC is worth more with what you can do by providing more options to players. After all, PGI is a business and needs money to operate.

-A lot of people feel like the Heros are better variant and consider MWO P2W

The only way it makes sense if these 'Mechs provide something in-game that they cannot counter someone fielding this item. Seeing as that discussion is around Clan 'Mechs in particular and not Hero 'Mechs, then whether Hero 'Mechs are actually P2W is not the issue since you can easily counter any Hero 'Mech on the field and I've not had much problem facing those. As Clan 'Mechs become C-bill available, then that argument of Clan-P2W is no longer valid but really becomes an issue of balance than paying-to-win.

#11 Dark Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

My main concern is the driving mechanism of what the game wants the player to have options around. We all hope Community Warfare will be that light at the end of the tunnel that will provide the fabric for all our needs so that folks can engage in fun since we're all here with that common desire.

That being said. MC needs to have a value in an Online Social Interaction game besides buying 'Mech packs or flat 'Mech bays. Many folks that mention other game Free-to-Play models are not wrong in bringing those up. Instead, what it shows in the value system provided by those other business allows the customer to leverage his options much like an Options trader has optionality. They provide better access to their platform where you can use their same in-game currency over a variety of their games on the platform. Also, they grant bonus to subscriptions so that folks have more incentive to use the assets made in game than having those folks be locked onto buying one flat expensive pack with no real incentive to drop a fortune on things like vanity items.

As you can eventually see, those players' options become less they more they are locked into a large flat single piecemeal purchases which is why many MMOs did away with that and have adopted a more flexible system. Of course, it has the name "Free-to-Play" but essentially it's no different than walking into Macy's trying out shoes or cloths or browsing merchandise then deciding whether or not to buy anything. The customer has more options that way and there is no hassle to force the customer to buy anything they don't want. Other MMOs provide a flat-500 in-game real money currency per month on top of rewards is no different than cash back rewards from using cards to provide incentive folks to buy more in the store, then show it off in game.

#12 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostDark Jackal, on 07 October 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

This suggestion here will break the business model as I am heavily opposed to making MC worth less than what it is now. I prefer MC is worth more with what you can do by providing more options to players. After all, PGI is a business and needs money to operate.

The only way it makes sense if these 'Mechs provide something in-game that they cannot counter someone fielding this item. Seeing as that discussion is around Clan 'Mechs in particular and not Hero 'Mechs, then whether Hero 'Mechs are actually P2W is not the issue since you can easily counter any Hero 'Mech on the field and I've not had much problem facing those. As Clan 'Mechs become C-bill available, then that argument of Clan-P2W is no longer valid but really becomes an issue of balance than paying-to-win.

- I am not talking much, like 1-3MC per game

-I agree with you but there are pople out there that disagree, it's just one of the reasons i stated

#13 Papar

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

I really like the idea of not having to buy 3 different variants of a mech in order to master it. If we had the ability to do that with one mech (at the price of more than double XP needed for mastering it), then the champion mechs would not be near useless. I really think that out of every MC only item in the game, they are the worst even with the recent buff in their XP bonus. It is just not worth buying Champions when you can use the MC to buy Heroes to gain more CBs (which, overall, are more valuable than XP and have global use) or to convert XP to GXP since PGI often doubles the conversion rate.

#14 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:12 AM

Heroes for CBs, extra mech bays, MC rewards for premium users looks more like begging, not business model.

I think that being able to promote any of your ordinary chassis to Champion (not Hero) status - for MCs, of course - will be convenient and won't damage PGI. Price can be discussed. Also separate champions can be removed from the store altogether, and instead each mech can just be purchasable as ordinary chassis (for CBs or MCs) or as Champion (for MCs only). Those champions aren't different from ordinary chassis anyway - no unique geometry or paint, and loadout is always subject to change.

Also it will be convenient and probably good for PGI as well to let us add GXP to XP when opening mech efficiencies (not strictly choose one or other, like now). I 'll probably hesitate to dump even 1500 GXP to open some efficiency, but I may consider adding 100 GXP to 3400 mech XP I currently have if I want that Anchor Turn now.

Mixing CBs with MCs when buying ordinary chassis is possible too, but it's more sensitive and complicated thing IMO. But GXP to XP is 1:1 when opening efficiencies, so mixing them is easy.

#15 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostMorang, on 14 October 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

Heroes for CBs, extra mech bays, MC rewards for premium users looks more like begging, not business model.

It isn't begging to make the game more fair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users