Re: Russ Bullock’S Town Hall Suggestion For Arm Lock Mechanics.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Chill Factor

Rookie

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:25 PM

In a recent town hall meeting Russ Bullock suggested the arm lock feature only be available to new players with the cadet bonus. Though I understand his concerns of veteran players dominating the battlefield with pinpoint high alpha strikes. I think losing the arm lock feature suddenly after the first 25 matches would not go over to well with new players who may have come to rely on the feature. And what about the veteran player base? It’s hard enough to track and hit targets at long range with all the nerf’s to PPC’s/AC’s velocity over the games lifespan.
My suggestion is that players can only arm lock when standing still the same way a sniper holds his breath to steady his aim. This way the veteran players still have the benefits of arm locking but have to sacrifice mobility to do so. This might mean that arm locking is only viable in sniper or ambush tactics but it better than losing it completely. In case you haven’t noticed I like the arm lock feature but I do think it could do with a nerf. Just don’t take it out of the game for veteran players please Mr Bullock.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:37 PM

Can't agree as well. 25 matches will not teach a newbie anything. And all lower skilled or extreme casual gamers? they would be screwed as well. When High pinpoint alphas are the problem, this is where they need to chang the game. make a limit on how many wepaons can be fired at the same time depeding on weapon size. and then PP alphas are gone. Armlock is hardly the reason and even less the solution.

#3 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts
  • LocationYou might be having more fun playing post-apocalyptic survival game Miscreated

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

They should also take into account those of us who don't put any weapons in the arms at all.
We still have to deal with that second (arm) reticle and it is just a pain in the ass.

If the devs are really worried about the armlock from a competitive standpoint,
they just should make another matchmaker mode called "competitive" that does not allow armlock (or third person view) at all.

And that's the mode everyone can use for all the hard-core competitions.

#4 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

I beleve that the arms lock have absolutely no pros so i'd say remove it entirely. The newbies should learn the right way fro the beginning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users