Windows 10. Does It Runs Mwo?

158 replies to this topic

#141 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

Runs well so far - some Autoupdate Software and Windows Update may interfere with MWO - i had 1 Red Screen Crash and 2 or 3 Disconnect Crashes a while ago and currently it runs smooth and well again.

Win 10 probably runs hotter being able to make more use of your HW with the new and better Drivers.
AMD GPUs run better in Win10 while Nvidia can not fully utilize its Drivers atm.

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 August 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#142 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

If anyone wants it, I made a powershell script that rips most of the BS out of Windows 10 (including all the metro apps :P) and disables some of the more blatant privacy issues (IMO)

Been running my new laptop like this since day 1, no problems. Just sweet bare Windows :D

#143 Skamay

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:23 AM

W10 - settings - update & security - recovery - "Go back to Windows 8.1"
Can return.
This convenient form of recovery Is restricted to a month after upgrade but that's Plenty of time to evaluate etc and people can also make own backup, recovery disk, copy your whole C drive to other drive before updating etc etc.
It's ready to roll.

#144 Tollpatsch

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

I Installed Win 10 yesterday and MWO doesn't work. The MechWarriorOnline.exe does run, but when clicking on Play, the MWOClient.exe crashes with an (0xc000007b) message. :angry:

*Edit* Ok, I used aio-runtimes to install stuff which was missing, like redistributables etc. Now it seems to work.
WoT & WoWS where at least telling that they miss some DLLs. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tollpatsch, 30 August 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#145 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:44 AM

Since Windows 10 was installed, I get more Server Disconnects from matches.

#146 uumd

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostTollpatsch, on 30 August 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

I Installed Win 10 yesterday and MWO doesn't work. The MechWarriorOnline.exe does run, but when clicking on Play, the MWOClient.exe crashes with an (0xc000007b) message. Posted Image

*Edit* Ok, I used aio-runtimes to install stuff which was missing, like redistributables etc. Now it seems to work.
WoT & WoWS where at least telling that they miss some DLLs. Posted Image

I had the same issue, fresh install of Win 10 and MWO and I get the 0xc0007b. Needless to say :angry:
I loaded the DX9.0c drivers and it worked fine :wacko: So Win 10 w/DX12 + DX9 drivers to run MWO in DX11. Uh, what?

#147 PilotZeroNine

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

I'm not particularly good at going deep into my computer to tweak things.

Last post said something about redistributables? I have no idea what that means. Heh.

Just upgraded my PC to Windows 10, because you know ...it asked me to. Figure that was okay. I have downloaded all the latest drivers for Windows 10 after the upgrade. World of Tanks works fine. Mechwarrior Online, has an error message after I hit "Play" on patch screen. Asks me to send a report then does nothing after that. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon 7700 series.

Any tips to remedy this would be helpful thanks.

Edited by PilotZeroNine, 03 December 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#148 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:58 AM

View PostPilotZeroNine, on 03 December 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

I'm not particularly good at going deep into my computer to tweak things.

Last post said something about redistributables? I have no idea what that means. Heh.

Just upgraded my PC to Windows 10, because you know ...it asked me to. Figure that was okay. I have downloaded all the latest drivers for Windows 10 after the upgrade. World of Tanks works fine. Mechwarrior Online, has an error message after I hit "Play" on patch screen. Asks me to send a report then does nothing after that. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon 7700 series.

Any tips to remedy this would be helpful thanks.

You'll need to make sure you reinstall the DX9 driver package as well as maybe the old C++ packages

#149 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:36 AM

I was having some issues with my windows 7 Ultima, malware in core os. I could not find my disk, so I upgraded to 10. It made me reload mwo. I then had to run in administrator, and then no cursor. On another thread it suggested running in full window instead of full screen. Just tried it and have my cursor back. I had a ghost cursor before the fix, so I could change settings. So far Windows 10 is functioning. will post here anything else applicable. See you at the Steam Party!!!!

#150 PilotZeroNine

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:01 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 04 December 2015 - 01:58 AM, said:

You'll need to make sure you reinstall the DX9 driver package as well as maybe the old C++ packages

My Windows 10 automatically is running Direct X 12. Is that a problem? Isn't all the 'stuff' from previous Direct X's in there already? Or do I have to make the PC run Direct X 9 and it's latest Driver packages? I'm confused.

What are C++ packages?

...and why are PC games so hard to run smoothly? No wonder why all my friends just stick with console gaming ... :)

Thanks for any help/advice.

Edited by PilotZeroNine, 06 December 2015 - 01:02 AM.

#151 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:03 AM

MWO was originally coded with DX9 in mind. A ages old api.
It will need to be installed on 10 as you'll be missing dx9 related dll files.
It won't do any harm to the DX12 install

#152 PilotZeroNine

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:47 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 06 December 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

MWO was originally coded with DX9 in mind. A ages old api.
It will need to be installed on 10 as you'll be missing dx9 related dll files.
It won't do any harm to the DX12 install

I've tried to download Direct 9 but I get the message that says it won't allow me unless I'm running an older version of Windows. :(

#153 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:13 AM

I'd have to redownload to verify and i dont really want MWO on my system. But this one works on 10
https://www.microsof...on.aspx?id=8109

Try that and hopefully you'll be back im business.
Just extract it to a folder on your desktop and run the setup inside.

#154 PilotZeroNine

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 08 December 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

I'd have to redownload to verify and i dont really want MWO on my system. But this one works on 10
https://www.microsof...on.aspx?id=8109

Try that and hopefully you'll be back im business.
Just extract it to a folder on your desktop and run the setup inside.

Hey McKenna, thanks for taking the time to try and help me with this. I went and downloaded and ran from the link you sent and it still doesn't work.

I also tried it this way:

Still doesn't work.

I'm trying to research what it is I'm missing. Also tested some more games on my system. I booted up Guild Wars 2 and War Thunder and both work fine. So far, it's just Mechwarrior Online.

I also double checked the AMD website to see if they've released a recent patch that may help me. It says I'm up to date. So still not sure where the problem lies.

As always, I appreciate more advice/tips. However, I also understand if you think I'm a lost cause and don't have much more to offer. Personally I'm starting to think so too. Feels at this point, the only way to get my PC to run MWO is to have an expert from Piranha Games sit with it for 3 hours.

#155 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostPilotZeroNine, on 11 December 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

Hey McKenna, thanks for taking the time to try and help me with this. I went and downloaded and ran from the link you sent and it still doesn't work.

I also tried it this way:

Still doesn't work.

I'm trying to research what it is I'm missing. Also tested some more games on my system. I booted up Guild Wars 2 and War Thunder and both work fine. So far, it's just Mechwarrior Online.

I also double checked the AMD website to see if they've released a recent patch that may help me. It says I'm up to date. So still not sure where the problem lies.

As always, I appreciate more advice/tips. However, I also understand if you think I'm a lost cause and don't have much more to offer. Personally I'm starting to think so too. Feels at this point, the only way to get my PC to run MWO is to have an expert from Piranha Games sit with it for 3 hours.

Well I reinstalled my PC this week due to getting two new drives, so for you I installed MWO and it ran first time. I deleted it installed it from steam and it ran first time.

Which is on Windows 10, only thing I can think of is Uninstall the game reinstall via steam. See what happens if you still get the error come back here and let us know precisely what the error says.

#156 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:54 AM

simply put :

it works fine

#157 PilotZeroNine

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 11 December 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

Well I reinstalled my PC this week due to getting two new drives, so for you I installed MWO and it ran first time. I deleted it installed it from steam and it ran first time.

Which is on Windows 10, only thing I can think of is Uninstall the game reinstall via steam. See what happens if you still get the error come back here and let us know precisely what the error says.

Hey, again, thanks for taking the time to walk through this with me. So over the weekend I uninstalled the game. Then, downloaded it from Steam and re-installed. It still didn't work. The error message scrolled by too fast for me to see. It just ended with a window that asked if i wanted to send the Error Report. I said yes. I have no idea if that info will go across the right person's desk or not. I then tried to launch with my security program off. *shrug* I dunno...just in case there was something there. It still didn't work.

So, I restored my computer to Windows 8.1. Installed the game again. Works fine.

Not sure what transpired but ... maybe a year or two from now it'll be fixed. Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me. I just don't want fiddle with it anymore.

#158 kka

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

Just installed Win10 fresh (not upgrade).

Installed MWO from the homepage (not thru Steam).

The launcher starts, but MWOClient.exe does not (0xc000007b error).

Installed https://www.microsof...on.aspx?id=8109

Still the same error.

UPDATE: Got mwo running by forcing 32 bit mode from the launcher

Edited by kka, 23 December 2015 - 07:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users