71 replies to this topic

#61 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 07 October 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

the problem is, when your mech is lesser armed than a TW he will kill you before or after you just took of only a single sidetorso.

um ive done this numerous times in a quickdraw,a decent pilot in some good mech must do better i presume?

#62 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

been there, done that, splattered timber wolves if my mech was still fresh.. if it was already in fights it cant stand a chance anymore. epsecially when you get LRMed at sight just like it happens to me each damn battle >.<

Posted Image

yes. exactly.

#63 snowbione

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

I dont see what all the complaining is about i've seen a Raven take down an Atlas and i took down a Direwolf in my Hunchback... i for one would love a timber wolf the first time i piloted one in mechwarrior 2 its been my prime mech in 3 and 4 :)

#64 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:11 PM

uhm.... very bad examples there.....
we compare 2 heavies amongst each others with 15 tons difference and almost the same mobility.
you compare a 35 mobile nugget with a walking rock and a 50ton dedicated brawler mech with the highest mobility of its class vs a whale...

#65 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

I'm not really sure how people are arguing pay 2 win... I've watched a Spider take down a Dire Whale because the DW player had absolutely no skill and panicked instead of backing into a building or something so that the Spider couldn't get behind him. No, instead the Whale kept spinning around in circles until he was dead. To quote the movie V for Vendetta "And along came a spider".

The same thing applies for a Timber; I've taken plenty of Timbers down in my K2 in 1 on 1 duels. I succeeded primarily because the other pilots didn't know how to spread damage and I was able to just CT them with a constant barrage of ERLLs and UAC5s.

Those are just examples of 1 on 1, but this game really comes down to team work and tactics. If the DW rushes off to the left on his own while his entire team goes right... Well then it looks like Captain Ahab is going to be dining on whale tonight. If the Timber decides to lone wolf it and then finds himself in the middle of the enemy formation, well then he isn't going to last long.

I REALLY want them to implement Faction Warfare with a Binary of Clanners vs a Company of IS so that we can see the stats. Something tells me that the 2 missing pilots on the clan side might more than make up for the tech advantage... You know, unless one team has better team work than the other.

My friends decided to check out the DW and the Summoner last night now that there are trial versions available and we developed this wonderful tactic... I in my Cicada would bait the enemy, trying to get maybe 2 to follow me, and I would bring them right over this ridge where my 2 summoners and 1 DW were waiting. It was a slaughter-fest, but it's because we used tactics and we out-smarted our opponents. We've used this tactic before with IS 'mechs where I would be in an Atlas, 1 friend in a T-Bolt, and 1 in an Orion while our Cicada friend would bait the enemy (for some reason it's easier to bait people with the Cicada). I didn't really see much difference in the slaughter fest other than we killed the enemy pilots a little faster with a waiting DW.

#66 xfirestorm

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 09 October 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

I'm not really sure how people are arguing pay 2 win... I've watched a Spider take down a Dire Whale because the DW player had absolutely no skill and panicked instead of backing into a building or something so that the Spider couldn't get behind him. No, instead the Whale kept spinning around in circles until he was dead. To quote the movie V for Vendetta "And along came a spider".

The same thing applies for a Timber; I've taken plenty of Timbers down in my K2 in 1 on 1 duels. I succeeded primarily because the other pilots didn't know how to spread damage and I was able to just CT them with a constant barrage of ERLLs and UAC5s.

You put a big enough bafoon into any BattleMech or OmniMech, and even a single Elemental will take it down, eventually.
I also crushed countless IS lights trying to dance around my TBR.

I do agree tho about the 2 missing pilots on your binary vs company suggestion, because the Clan tech is N.E.R.F.E.D.

#67 Lamhirh

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLe Paris

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

i think if they implement bidding for drops it would "nerf" clan ability to swarm TBR and DWF's :)

#68 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostAliisa White, on 07 October 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

can we have a iconic light mech pls?
wait.... there are barely any iconic lights....

COUGAR!
URBANMECH!
already have it but RAVEN?

Edited by jaxjace, 11 October 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#69 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

View Postjaxjace, on 11 October 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

COUGAR!
URBANMECH!
already have it but RAVEN?

I want the Cougar so bad, but unfortunately it's not going to be in our MWO timeline for a while now: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cougar

#70 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

I know this, so i built my adder like a cougar. lol

#71 Carthoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:20 AM

Really dunno whats the problem guys. Why the scream for NERF again?

First - most TBR pilots thinks theyre invincible and try face2face with daka-daka-DW (they died - spoiler alert). Second, TBR and DW are both strong, omniarmed mostly and can take punishment....but lets be clear - that goes only if theyre 100%. And how often you meet a mech like that, in CC battle, that is 100%? 90% of games some long range weaponry (lrm, lasers, gauses, erppc) leaves mark on almost every mech before it gets to face to face (ofc there are exceptions like tunnel fights).

Not to say, that on number of times my DW killed TBR in an eyeblink coz he overheated....and even more often my DW died under 3 seconds time (coz i usually refuse to wait for another "hero", and lead the rush myself), when bad turn led me right infront of two enemy lances...

Your problems come with 12 men battles I suppose, coz in PuG you do not meet bigger number of these mechs and they do not coop mostly. Easy prey.

#72 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:31 AM

"Cbills release is when they will really get bad but this probably will kick off the start of the heavy Timber queue flood.

Will be interesting to see. I needed a little slow down after the tourney weekend anyways. Probably will just cut back on dropping as much for a bit.

On the plus side there probably will be some vulnerable Timbers to pick while they skill them up."

I already have my new T-wolves into master LOL
:P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users