155 replies to this topic

#41 Tarzilman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

How about that: I'll act like those cryhards and say, I won't play this game anymore until the repeal is repealed! PGI, you ****ed it up again. No better balance, no more money from me!
If all the yes-voter would act like this, we may change it back, because that's how it worked the other way around! But of course all no-voter then would think 'what a ridiculous behaviour', wouldn't they?
It's just odd what happens here...

#42 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

View PostTarzilman, on 08 October 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

How about that: I'll act like those cryhards and say, I won't play this game anymore until the repeal is repealed! PGI, you ****ed it up again. No better balance, no more money from me!
If all the yes-voter would act like this, we may change it back, because that's how it worked the other way around! But of course all no-voter then would think 'what a ridiculous behaviour', wouldn't they?

They said they wanted a majority vote. 50/50 split is definitely not even close to a majority. It would be unfair not to revert it. I'm sad to see it go though. :(

#43 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:57 PM

I can understand the rollback. Too many man-babies threatening to troll the game and ruin it for everyone else.

#44 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:08 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 08 October 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Hating stuff is so OP.

Hating stuff is getting fixed next week. If you hate more than 3 things simultaneously you'll suffer a heat penalty. 4 things and you'll be red faced, 5 things and steam will start coming out your ears (you don't want to know about 6 ....)

#45 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:24 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 09 October 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

Hating stuff is getting fixed next week. If you hate more than 3 things simultaneously you'll suffer a heat penalty. 4 things and you'll be red faced, 5 things and steam will start coming out your ears (you don't want to know about 6 ....)

Sometimes putting all your hate into one jar is not a good idea...

Posted Image

I suggest managing your hate in order to prevent ghost hate.

Edited by White Bear 84, 09 October 2014 - 12:26 AM.

#46 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:03 AM

Well at least they listened and took action.
Maybe in the future they will use test server first before adding something to game.

#47 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:30 AM

Matches were awful yesterday so I'm guessing reverted matchmaker changes caused some unforeseen issues.

Nice to see one of the most personally painful hud bugs (being shot in the back by your own team hurts) got squashed. *crosses fingers*

#48 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:46 AM

View PostMekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh, on 08 October 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

Gods have answered to our prayers and send a ray or reason upon PGI! HALLELUYAH!
Posted Image

Oh thank you Svarog the Almighty!

#49 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:53 AM

I loved the ELO difference. Was a lot more competitive during the change. No roflstomps, no 12-2,......

I really loved the change, eventhough i was forced to play conquest again, but i prefer to play conquest 1 out of 4 battles than having again the old ELO difference.

Roflstomps arent funny, no matter the team u are in.

#50 MercilessTRADER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

Great CALL PGI.. Its ok making mistakes, you just need to address them when you do. Bravo..
P.S DelphiAuriga - I was in a game yesterday that was 11 to zip with 1215 on the clock. I didn't see this GREAT change in ELO, though my choice was completely taking away.. That Definitely was not the answer to better matches.. Ask people who don't like modes to play them, and then ASSUME they wont be pissed off enough about the game type or the complete randomness to be YOUR Teammate

Edited by MercilessTRADER, 09 October 2014 - 02:23 AM.

#51 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:28 AM

View Postsneeking, on 09 October 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

im still getting random game mode after the hotfix.

Today is the 9th, so I assume another HOT FIX today at:
"The Hot-Fix will begin at approximately 10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC.
The Hot-Fix will take approximately 2 hours for the team to deploy and test."

Edited by Lupin, 09 October 2014 - 02:28 AM.

#52 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:29 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 08 October 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

Yeah well the change wasn't even a couple hours old and Russ was already filling his pants and putting up polls to have the player base second guess him. The 1st one got bugged out somehow and the second poll he vowed to leave up for a week. They put out the call on the launcher and facebook to get people to come vote. The Yes vote started outstripping the no vote once the UK players woke up ans saw it. Next time I checked the poll had been closed when the Yes vote had pulled even further ahead of the No votes and Russ decided to revert the change without looking at the poll and without giving people at least a weekend to see if the initial balance gains were working.

I like the Russ is talking to us more and asking for our opinions and ideas. I don't like how he appears to be incapable of making changes to the game for fear of how a segment of the population will react. It would be one thing if it had been left up for a couple weeks and people were uncomfortable with it with no real gains match balance. That isn't what happened though. He responded to whining without letting the data come in. This bodes ill for any changes or additions moving forward.

10 to 1 he got an earful from people in other ways. enough to maybe realize this was a financially unwise decision. I'm just guessing.

Honestly I've come to realize that this is a fundamental philosophy issue brought up over the same problems that spawned the loathsome Skirmish Pit. One of the best things introduced to the game next to the Solo Queue. BTW, I don't like either things, but it keeps people who do like them out of the rest of the queues (if they hadn't broken the Group Queue that is).

You have two minorities that together make the majority. Conquistadors and Skirmishers. The two will never see eye to eye and would rather burn it all down than compromise.

That's the real root to the problem and one you can't force to kiss and make up. You'd have just an easy of a time getting a mid east peace agreement passed.

#53 UndeadEdd

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:30 AM

I'm amazed to see people here who think that forcing others to play game modes that they hate is OK as long as it shortens their waiting time. Are you serious? How does this seem OK to you? How does forcing a game mode on someone seem OK to you? What next, forcing people to use a mech they don't want?

It's also entertaining to see how Conquest players all feel like they're some kind of transcendant super-intellectual human beings for playing this mode. Hey "doctors" and "professors", climb down from the lofty semi-racist moral high grounds you've climbed on. If you want to actually play "the intelligent person's shooter" go play Capture the Flag in Tribes Ascend. Now that mode and that game actually require quite a bit of planning and battles of wits. I've played and enjoyed it. I play Mechwarrior for the awesome mech battles, not for running from point to point and capping them. And if you want to feel REALLY intelligent and superior to others, go play chess or something.

Edited by UndeadEdd, 09 October 2014 - 03:00 AM.

#54 Here5y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:00 AM

Awesome , thx for that. Personally I didn't care zoo much, but some guys from my squad were quite pi**ed.

#55 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:22 AM

View PostTarzilman, on 08 October 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

Was thinking the same thing today... the only people who won today were the ones prepared to boycott and grief to be heard. And the people who were open minded and open to change do not have the same self-entitled attitude to act the same way.
And that is why the people who cry the loudest will always be the ones holding the game back.

#56 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:22 AM

View PostUndeadEdd, on 09 October 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

I'm amazed to see people here who think that forcing others to play game modes that they hate is OK as long as it shortens their waiting time. Are you serious? How does this seem OK to you? How does forcing a game mode on someone seem OK to you? What next, forcing people to use a mech they don't want?

It's also entertaining to see how Conquest players all feel like they're some kind of transcendant super-intellectual human beings for playing this mode. Hey "doctors" and "professors", climb down from the lofty semi-racist moral high grounds you've climbed on. If you want to actually play "the intelligent person's shooter" go play Capture the Flag in Tribes Ascend. Now that mode and that game actually require quite a bit of planning and battles of wits. I've played and enjoyed it. I play Mechwarrior for the awesome mech battles, not for running from point to point and capping them. And if you want to feel REALLY intelligent and superior to others, go play chess or something.

Quite bitter

#57 John Mechlane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you...in a locust

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:24 AM

Said it a few times before, and I'm gonna say it many more times...The people who make decisions at PGI are total *********.

It's one thing to be stupid enough not to be able to anticipate what's gonna happen if they make a change like this to MM. It's another thing to be a little b*tch and reverse it when people start to whine. Why didn't we get back the old mechlab, when you released it??? People hated that as much as they hate this....

#58 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:28 AM

View PostJakob Knight, on 08 October 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

In my experience, rollbacks to this degree don't happen due to player dissatisfaction or whining. Those usually take a patch cycle to filter out as a 'cooling off' period. The only reason the MM change would be rolled back this abruptly is if there is a game-breaking bug somewhere that was caused by it. We may not see it, but I'd lay odds there is something that can't be delayed until the next patch.

We'll probably see voting return as soon as whatever it is can be corrected (if it can be).

The game breaking bug were statistics. PGI could see how many people stopped playing and how many DC when conquest came.

View PostTriordinant, on 08 October 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

I don't have access to PGI's data so I'm guessing one or both of these happened: 1) the number of players plummeted or 2) a lot of players were disconnecting when dropped into a match in a game mode they despised. I haven't had the chance to drop so has anyone noticed either of these (same players over and over again or lots of disconnects)?

Probably both things did occur. I saw several sucide runs and stopped playing after about 15 games, of which around 12 were conquest. Conquest was okish, with 8vs8, if you had scouts. 12vs12 makes it an annoying version of skirmish on most maps.

#59 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTamo daleko ...

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:30 AM

View PostUndeadEdd, on 09 October 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

I'm amazed to see people here who think that forcing others to play game modes that they hate is OK as long as it shortens their waiting time. Are you serious? How does this seem OK to you? How does forcing a game mode on someone seems OK to you? What next, forcing people to use a mech they don't want?

It's also entertaining to see how Conquest players all feel like they're some kind of transcendant super-intellectual human beings for playing this mode. Hey "doctors" and "professors", climb down from the lofty semi-racist moral high grounds you've climbed on. If you want to actually play "the intelligent person's shooter" go play Capture the Flag in Tribes Ascend. Now that mode and that game actually require quite a bit of planning and battles of wits. I've played and enjoyed it. I play Mechwarrior for the awesome mech battles, not for running from point to point and capping them.

If i recall Edd and i had a little quarrel the other day so unofficially we are "enemies" now ( :P ) but every word in his thread is "spot on" as some white shills would say,its not ok to make people play or do something that they dont want to,especially in a video game that you are supposed to play out of fun ! In real life you have to do some things that you hate for so many,good or bad reasons (like earning money for you and your family and feeding yourself and them by working the most crappiest and gruesome jobs ever ),why do that in a bloody video game that is supposed to be fun and challenging !?

My problems with that voting matchmaker (next to the fact that its totally idiotic...) are that sometimes i dont want to play some modes for specific reasons,like that sometimes i do get headaches when i drive fast lights from all that running and twisting so i dont want to play conquest or just play assault as a scout in light,at least i dont have to jump from one base point to the other like in conquest and concetrate myself on more scouting and sneaking rather then just staying on base or even worse running in circles on bloody base because bigger mech can one shot me if stay in one spot.Sometimes i do want only to play conquest with my light mech so i go and prepare mech for that,put cap modules on,prep the loadout for that and then i get assault mode on ... or i just want to relax,go easy,take Atlas and get bloody conquest mode ... you see whats my other problem with that voting matchmaking system ... and i am gratefull that i dont have any direwhales,it would be even worse ...

Ok,so some people claim (and probably live in denial ...) that the matches are more even this way,when you have a system where using your brain is frowned upon ... and the matchmaking is much more even . Ok then,at least give us a option to bring more mechs into fight ( three would be good) so that we can choose the one that would fit us in that match,and also since some said that they got three or more matches in a row in unwanted modes,to put some restriction to get those modes that you didnt want only after 3 or 4 matches in modes that you voted for (to get lets say conquest mod only after 3 or 4 assault modes or other way around ) even at the cost of longer wait times between matches.At least that much,since i have a feeling that some persons are too stubborn to let go and too narcissistic to think how they are the smartest and that their ideas are always genius ones even though bunch of people say it isnt ,and that they will find a way to bring it back in game,at least give us that much if you really need to torn our nerves even more...at least that much ...

#60 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:46 AM

So, it's back to poorly matched games... yay! Now I can go back to rolling screen lickers in my Timberwolf... and watching Newbys get screamed at by scrubs in lonesome Dire Whales wallowing in the dust as their new team mates rush forward in their walking death saunas.

I ****ing love matchmaking...

SOLUTION: give everyone a single veto... it seems clear that some hate Skirmish while others hate Conquest... both of these crazed extremist groups will play Assault. Most players will play all modes because they're pretty fun... so throw a possible veto into the mix and make players choose 2 of 3 game types

Edited by Sam Slade, 09 October 2014 - 04:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users