24 replies to this topic

#1 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

:excl: Did you Close Beta Test without paying to be in it?
Yes
:excl: If Offered, would you take Clan Mechs to replace the Inner Sphere ones?(If you have any 'package' you can stop here)
Yes but I only have 6 taking mechbays and 5 empties expecting another mechbay with Cent-AH
:excl: Is your Archived CBill amount listed in Profile/Stats/GameModeStats more than 100 Million?
Yes
:excl: Of that 100+Million how much of it do you still have?
Current balance around10Mil
:excl: When the Clan Mech of your choice comes up for sale for C-bills will you have to sell off Mechs and Equipment to afford it?
Yes because even at 100k CBills a drop (and not including the 80k paid for Arty and UAV after each drop) it takes you 170 drops to make 17 Million CBills at 4 drops an hour it no longer is 'Grind' its become 'Job' (a fulltime one at that with 2.5hrs overtime)

If the answer is no to 1st question dont bother going any further, trying to get some numbers.thanks

Edited for clairification without leading too much)

Edited by voodoolou kerensky, 10 October 2014 - 01:40 AM.

#2 Apocalypse Pryde

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:17 PM

1: Missed it by a literal day- was willing to, but lacked the funding at the time
2: (continuing because I WANTED to pay:) No, I like my IS mechs, too
3: no, but I'm the type to throw my fake funds about all willy-nilly
4: ^^^
5: Not sure... I'm the type to grind the cash for said Hellbringer

#3 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

1. Yes I was, pre-dated founders package by about 2 months
2. No.
3.Yes (archived stats only give current value) was over 150m (from memory)
4. now at 54m but have not bought any clan mechs, weapons modules suck up a lot of cash
5. No. I have no intention of buying clan mechs, ever.

#4 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

1. Yes
2. Yes, because I'm a sucker for Clan mechs. Blame Mechwarrior 2 for that due to nostalgia. MWO makes Inner Sphere mechs look good, but I still prefer Clans in general, probably due to many IS designs being too humanoid (thus makes it hard not to be boring) for my tastes. However, I love a few IS mechs like the Jenner, Raven, Dragon, Catapult, Stalker, and King Crab (and maybe Locust/Flea + Griffin. But generally I either like to be on the fast side with jumpjets and energy/missiles, or be a mech dedicated to ballistics). Also, I like the clan thing where they are vastly outnumbered but prevail due to good mechs and pilots, however in MWO that should not happen so I enjoy clans in MWO due to the HUD, various sounds, and how their weapons operate (and of course their looks).
3. Archived? Nope
4. It changes all the time, I never have more than 20 million c-bills though due to trying out all the different Mechs + Variants .
5. No. I will sell mechs when I'm done with them, besides the longer I wait the fewer people that will be trying to queue with that mech (which is the Mad Dog). Selling off equipment is pretty bad, because I know I'll just have to re-buy it all later when I want to use it on something else (yes even useless equipment like standard heat sinks, in case those ever get a buff or the DHS gets a nerf).
Just a pugger here, my schedule is too chaotic to have any normal groups going (besides, whenever I play in a group, I feel like I'm cheating, I'd rather just talk with the people while playing the game instead of grouping with them). So, that means I won't be competitive, so it'll be rare for me to run "meta" (though there are exceptions like the Trebuchet 7k though, 2 PPC + 1 AC 5 is the funnest build on that thing)

Edit:
Why did you want to know all this stuff anyways?

Edited by Keeshu, 08 October 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

1) I was in CB before buying a founders pack
2) No I enjoy both for their differing playstyles
3) It only shows current cash in both sections, but I was around 250mil at the time of the archiving. I'm at 395mil now and peaked at 430mil
4) I'm still earning and I'm ahead of where I was back then
5) no, tbh I find myself more irritated with dropping cash for modules than I am for new mechs and the associated upgrades/modifications.

#6 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

View Postvoodoolou kerensky, on 08 October 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

:excl: If Offered, would you take Clan Mechs to replace the Inner Sphere ones?(If you have any 'package' you can stop here)
:excl: Is your Archived CBill amount listed in Profile/Stats/GameModeStats more than 100 Million?
:excl: When the Clan Mech of your choice comes up for sale for C-bills will you have to sell off Mechs and Equipment to afford it?

If the answer is no to 1st question dont bother going any further, trying to get some numbers.thanks

So what exactly is the point of this information gathering

just curious given that your location is the location of comstars seat of power on Terra :P

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 09 October 2014 - 12:36 AM.

#7 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

Sent PM explaining why. The reason my location is CumStars seat of power is because unlike the rest of the clans we didnt bother to stop to attack the systems we passed thru on the way to Terra. Which was Kerensky's goal not the Conquest of the Successor States. ComStar seen the futility in opposing us after I bid a Partially c Charged (that means brought up to a fraction of the speed of light) Asteroid the size of Texas against everything ComStar could field. I then proposed to them that by working together not only would the Bandit Caste be the ILClan but ComStar could make alot of Money by being the transporters of Clan and IS BlackMarket goods. The return of the SLDF of old? Wont Happen because not one of the leaders of the Successor states could put aside their ambitions. But by limiting information and working in the shadows one group is really in control and focusing on leading humanity forward instead of squabling that this houses way of doing things is the only way, like has been going on since We (Ok I guess Im the only one left alive) of the SLDF left.

#8 Bhodi Li773

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts
  • Locationwww.PhoenixDominion.com

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

1 Yes to the first but bought afterwards
2 No i like both mech styles
3 way past 100 milllion long ago
4 almost always broke as i update and equip ALL my mechs
5 if i buy anymore clan/IS mechs it will be by earning c billls the hard way.

Edited by Bhodi Li773, 10 October 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#9 PhobiaOne

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

View Postvoodoolou kerensky, on 08 October 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

1) Yes I was in Closed Beta, and No I didn't buy a Founders Package.
2) The only Clan Mech I am interested in is the MadCat, but I like my IS Mechs.
3) Nope, but I can tell you I have spent WAY more than 100 Million C-Bills over the last couple of years.
4) I spend it as fast as I get it.
5) Nope, I earn the money for each Mech. I do sell off the extra variants that I am forced to purchase in order to get Master of the one I want though. This mechanic is stupid, and is only a way to try and suck more money out of people.

Edited by PhobiaOne, 09 October 2014 - 06:54 PM.

#10 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

If y'all would be so kind direct the people you know to this thread, especially if the didnt buy a Founders package for Closed Beta Access (I didnt and I was notified week 2 that I would be in, making this my 6th BattleTech Action/Sim that Ive CBT'd (MW3,MW3:PM,MPBT:3025,MW4,MW4:BK and MWO) [MW3&PM I had to fax a signed and notorized NDA, MPBT had a online NDA that you agreed too and a database placeholding number that you emailed to NDA@MPBT3025.com, MW4 had just the online NDA much like what we did here with MWO. {Hell I think maybe PWI should hire me for 'in-house' testing!}]

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

View Postvoodoolou kerensky, on 09 October 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Sent PM explaining why.

Yea, I'm interested too.

#12 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

Message'd ya reason Lukoi

#13 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

So your information gathering is as badly made up as your backstory?

#14 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

But of course Bane otherwise you wouldnt have came by and commented. We here at Clan Black Sheep appreciate when founders bless us with one of their posts specially those with under 100 of them, thats a feat in itself.

#15 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

Wow.......please enlighten me too.....while i am Not opposed to new clans being formed and I applaud your RP attempt...... however I would suggest trying to work within the current Clan structure and not go off on your own least you find yourself the subject of a trial of Reaving..

Edited by WM Deejay, 13 October 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#16 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

1) Yes
2) I sold all my IS mechs and replaced them with Clan mechs.

#17 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Not really sure why my post count would have a large bearing on anything. But maybe I should have been more verbose on my comment. I applaud anyone who takes the time to actually come up with a good backstory for their units\group\persona. What I tend to find "odd" is when the backstories in question drastically go against the basic lore of the material in which it is supposed to be from.

The concept of a Clan bypassing everything they view as the nature and goal of the Clans would basically make them outside Clan society and would thereby make it impossible for them to become "ilClan", and would just result in the Clans treating them as unworthy of any respect and would just be killed off out of hand.

For the day will come and our kin will stand
On Terra's firm soil, ready to rebuild
The Star League with their hearts and hands.
But who shall lead? Upon whose shoulders
Will the burden lie? The answer is the test;
The test is the journey. Whichever Clan
Carves its way through the barbarians
To reach that fabled cradle of us all
Shall be the vehicle of the League's rebirth. Upon
The Star League throne shall sit that Clan's
Wisest Khan. So should it be -- So shall it be.
-- The Remembrance, Passage 72, Verse 22, Lines 14-24

But regardless, good luck on your informational fishing trip and hopefully you find an acceptable sample for what you're looking for. Just consider my rambling as a free bump for you.

Edited by bane, 13 October 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#18 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

How about the Concept that a Clan, and in keeping with less use of resources to accomplish goal, takes in (and goes out and actively recruits) those Clanners that just dont fit and seem to just disappear, are the Bandit Caste. And what if that Clan being outside of Accepted Norms and does those things that are dark and dismal and rightly kept from public view. A Majority that denies the existence of the other and the Other thats really running things. Think on how arrogant Vlad Ward is and he is the norm. He pisses in the wheaties of some freeborn tech whose mates sister in laws cousin's husband's friends lover who works in supply wanting an excuse for further copulative activities, replaces the label on a drum of Blinker Fluid for that of Coolant bound for use on Vlad's mech. While not a destructive attack it is truely potentially epic in the sense that the Blinker Fluid is completely useless as a replacement Coolant and if Vlad just happens to need that little extra bit of cooling the proper Coolant gave and his Mech explodes killing him changing 'history'. Now what if The Freeborn Tech who got his wheaties pissed in, His Mate's sister in law's cousin and her husband and husbands friend and lover are part of the Bandit Caste.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

And DeeJay, New? Clan Black Sheep has been here as long as Bane's own TBC (hah GEnie! remember Prodigy and CompuServe?). I myself didnt join them until getting Kali for NetMech Dos (cause MPig sucked and NetMech95 was glitchy). And have even been a WidowMaker as well as a Wolf, Smoke Jaguar, Goliath Scorpion,Nova Cat, Jade Falcon, Hell Horses and not to Mention the hardcore RP that Blood Spirit maintains (I might not like Gremlich but Im glad he maintains the Tradition Taker (I dont even know if Blood Spirit of now has any ties to) of BSp Grand Council started by following the Customs, mannerism etc of Clanners and above all else act in a Honorable manner according to Zellbrigen and some Bushido (There are alot of Schism within the Clans and there isnt as far as I know a full on official guide on how to be a Clanner)). And like CBS of then (MW2,MW3,MW4) we'll be here throwing monkey wrenches (it really makes the monkeys mad when ya throw their wrenches so they are bounding around screeching), drinking Goldschlager and taking advantage of clan clone techniques to make a boat load of Jenny McCarthy's (age 22 but we use Tleilaxu and IXian imprinting and Sparti aging techniques so they can be older and have other specialized training)

#19 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

Aff New
As I said I am unaware of any Clan forming your unit and I and my Unit have been playing mech since Kali and the GC and I am friends with Khan Grimlich and have shared many a Clan Victory and Trials with him... As I believe it has been said This forum is to be the Cannon Clans unless you can get an established Clan to foster your new Clan Or to portray yourselves as a Galaxy of a Clan..We are a Wolf Faction Epsilon Galaxy I believe... Clan Widowmaker was absorbed by Wolf thus we are One of the Wolf Faction Galaxies of witch there are (please correct me someone if I am wrong) Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Kappa, Epsilon and Theta?

I am not disagreeing with you but going by cannon until CW starts and we begin to write our own Stories.

#20 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

1) NO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users