24 replies to this topic

#21 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

If I am not mistaken it was pointed out right at the outset that Any Unit at is already Canon is offlimits, which is why the caveat was put in place to make the player based unit have a addition made to its name (Clan Wolf International etc etc)
What information exists that negates anything I claim takes place within the Dark/Bandit Caste? Id like to see it. Hey look it is canonical! http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bandit_Caste well boy howdy!

#22 bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

Being a bandit caste unit is a great backstory. There's a lot you can do with it. Becoming a new "Clan" based on the lore of the subject material wouldn't be one of them. The Clans are a set quantity in the source material which the game is based on and to my knowledge won't be changing in and of itself. This is where people who have enjoyed the source material of this game will have an objection. This is also why PGI doesn't allow for people to use canon in and of itself for themselves, since there is also the argument over who should get the rights to call themselves X. That's why if you had been called Black Sheep Caste, no one would have even commented about being a new Clan, and probably just applauded a nice use of source material.

As to the Bloody Clans, originally they were just The Clans and had intents of being the Invasion that the MPBTech game could not support in the game that was provided. Even then, the developer's decided to prevent the use of canon content that they hoped to use in their own way. Hence The Bloody Clans were created by Ice, complete with an evolving backstory (which was posted into the GhostMech Cafe on the GEnie boards, since this was the only means for people to RP their units\factions\interests). Our name was also changed to be able to keep complaints over a source content claim we would not be allowed to use. With MWO we have to adapt somewhat, once again. To fall into the game environment that we are presented with, we are a Clan Wolf unit. We don't answer to any of the groups that have presented themselves as Galaxies or Khan's or Bob's or Joe's. We will fall into the faction that we are sided with and hope that those units are victorious (thereby promoting our side) but we won't be trying to change the very basic mythos that we are wanting to play inside of.

#23 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

The animosity towards Clan Black Sheep has been there from the get go. The whole reason that Clan Black Sheep even came about was because someone went on a Rant in the AoL Solaris boards about people using Clans that didnt exist anymore or werent canon. I came up with the Bandit Caste tie in over the years when I noticed that FASA didnt expand on it anymore than they had and to make up for some glaringly lacking elements.(who provides the information for proper entrance/exit routes for jump ships? Who provides Intel on systems defenses or if the star system even has a defender? Its not Wolfs Dragoons they refused the recall order and then told the IS who was attacking them and other intel.) And to be honest I dont see what the uproar is about. Instead of going off on a tangent that would only have been the result of a Alternate Universe, I did research and used the time line to maintain a logical cohesion with it and get lambasted for 'Starting a New Unit/Clan', that existed in the online Community since before Mech 2 NetDemo was out, 20 years later Ya aint gotta like it, just how I dont gotta like religion. And Im not looking to change anyones mind, but if they are going to rant at me for not following Canon then they better be prepared to follow canon, which is going to cause the Inner Sphere victory at Tukayyid because they dont use focus'd fire or anything that goes against Zellbrigen, and be called out on it when they dont. Im not looking for opened arms and permission to court your sister, I just want tolerance and cooperation. If all that is wanted is Clan Black Sheep done away with I will remind everyone that people in hell want ice water too.

#24 Fakirzoran

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTerra/North America/Spokane

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

1. Yes
2. Yes, in fact I sold off my only IS Protector to buy a clan mech.
3. not anymore
4. around 6 mil
5. nope, bought it Ala Carte - Timber Wolf. I bought for C-Bills the Stormcrow and Variants.

Clan Mechs all the way.

#25 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

Yes

Yes, YES, YES!! I would love to have a "Clan 'mech only" hangar but have my 4 founder's 'mechs, the recent free Atlas, and the recent free Centurion. I guess I will have a King Crab soon too and it would be nice to be able to have them all replaced by Clan 'mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users