Summoner 2

11 replies to this topic

#1 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

OK I leveled my summoner d all the way to the extra module. I can create the exact same loadout on both the other two summoners so why couldn't I use my extra xp from my d model to level up the other 2 summoers. It seems to make perfect sence to me, does it not? If you disagree please say so and give your reason behind it. Also I was looking through some old boxes and found that small green battlemech reference guide from MW4 you know the one with the coffee stains on it and noticed the summoner looks just like the Thor, if they are one in the same where is my damn ECM? Just asking.

Edited by OliverTwisted, 08 October 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#2 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:49 AM

Summoner and Thor are indeed the same thing, as explained here. That page doesn't have a variant with ECM, so I guess it doesn't exist.

About why you can't use the XP of one variant on others, it was PGI's decision. They want you to grind three variants, no matter how similar they are. I also agree with you that for the Clanners it doesn't make much sense and an overhaul of the 'Mech leveling system is needed for the Clans.

#3 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:49 AM

Any rework on Clan leveling should not make IS more unfavorable. No one in their right mind would play IS if 1 clan mech is all that's needed to clear mastery tier skills for example.

#4 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

I don't think it's so bad you still must buy all 3 and totally basic them out. But I do agree it would ne less of a grind, and at least for Inner sphere mechs its worth the grind and I have no problem with that, it just seems pointless for some of the clan mechs. I own mostly Inner Sphere mechs and kind of enjoy grinding them out.

#5 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

I guess it had ecm in MW4 for balance purposes, plus it could carry many more weapons then it can in MWO

#6 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:31 AM

Forget MW4.
Beside MW4 has been the worst battletech referred game EVER.
And the the worst mechwarrior game ever, too.

Imo.

#7 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

I never played it in multiplayer, but MW4 rocked. I bought it when it came out, after I beat the game I seem to have lost the disk, so a few years later I joined Gametap just to play and beat it again. It's no longer on Gametap in case I was giving anyone any ideas.

#8 Decoy3

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

I agree that it's kind of silly having to level up three different variants of clan mechs, especially with the lack of diversity on CT omnipods. HINT HINT PGI.

But on the bright side, it's not like you're stuck buying a terrible variant and bashing your head against a wall to level it. (Looking at you, Spider-5V.)

#9 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

I hear you Decoy3 at least when I leveled my 5v you could loadout both arty and airstrikes at the same time after getting the extra module slot. PGI put an end to to that, so i sold my 5v.

#10 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 11 October 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

Forget MW4. Beside MW4 has been the worst battletech referred game EVER. And the the worst mechwarrior game ever, too. Imo.

Agreed. MW4:Mercenaries was the least sucky but overall MW4 sucked. The only thing it did right was fixed hardpoints because it was the first MW PC game to do that.

I was appalled when I saw how "cartoony" the graphics were after having played MechWarrior 3.

View PostOliverTwisted, on 11 October 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

I never played it in multiplayer, but MW4 rocked. I bought it when it came out, after I beat the game I seem to have lost the disk, so a few years later I joined Gametap just to play and beat it again. It's no longer on Gametap in case I was giving anyone any ideas.

You should play MW2:Mercenaries (all MW2 games actually) and MechWarrior 3. Then you'll realize that MW4 is kind of dissapointing. Still... better than no MW game at all ;)
MW4:Mercs copied the MW2:Mercs style, and obviously it was the best of the MW4 series.

View PostDecoy3, on 11 October 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

I agree that it's kind of silly having to level up three different variants of clan mechs, especially with the lack of diversity on CT omnipods. HINT HINT PGI. But on the bright side, it's not like you're stuck buying a terrible variant and bashing your head against a wall to level it. (Looking at you, Spider-5V.)

If we are supposed to level 3 variants but technically shouldn't because of the omni pods, then the requirement should simply be this:
• XP requirements to level a Clan mech is x3 what it is now.
• You are still required to own three different variant center torsos and heads (and price of these two components are triple what they are now).

This makes leveling fair for all pilots regardless of whether they are IS or Clan.

#11 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 11 October 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

Beside Mechassault has been the worst battletech referred game EVER.

Fixed that for ya.

I will give you MW4 being the worst Mechwarrior game though

#12 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 14 October 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Fixed that for ya.

I will give you MW4 being the worst Mechwarrior game though

Sorry, I completely forget Mechassault, I refused to play it at that time :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users