#81 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostMr Huge, on 20 November 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

Oh, I do hope you don't think this is over... It's far from over...

Oh no it isn't over. I just made a grammatical error in using the past imperfect tense (have had a good laugh) when the present (am laughing) or present imperfect (I am having a good laugh) would have been more appropriate. (Yes this is all bs based off of a very foggy recollection of some English class I had 15+ years ago.)

Jody, I like he idea of the thunderwub. Not least of all because I could key in: I WUV MY FUNDERWUB!!!! At the beginning of each match. But also because mpl are one of my favorite weapons. I use them on all of my spiders and I am very tempted once I buy dhs for the lct-1e to build it with 2mpl - 4sl. I would of course have to figure out how to use mechs that go less than 100kph to make the thunderbolt effective but I Am getting there in my 89kph cent-9ah so there might be hope for me yet.

#82 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWhere you don't want to be

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 20 November 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

I've sold myself on the TDR-5SS. Never thought I'd find a build for it I liked. With 7 MPL and the new Quirks plus the MPL range module, I can reach out as far as 704 m (352m for maximum damage). It made a believer out of me. Drop the MPL Cooldown module in and you can spam MPL all day on chain fire.

Is the Thunderwub the new king of the MPL?

I'unno, I think the BLR-3S can give it a pretty good run for its money. Particularly since you can easily missile boat simultaneously, and the weapon points are a bit more favorably mounted up high. Don't think you'll get the same range out of them, but you'll see some scary DPS...

The name doesn't roll of the tongue quite as well though, does it? Do you call it a "Wubmaster" or a "Battlewubber"?

Also, I just thought of a modding project... I want to be able to kit my mech out with spikes and chains and gilt and bigass speakers, and go full Noise Marine into battle. An Emperor's Children Firebrand... [gargling sound]

"This quiet offends Slaneesh! We are AMPLIFIED!"

Edited by Mr Huge, 20 November 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#83 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:01 AM

I like my Raven-H I call my Huggins...Snuggles. It's got all the Wubbins anyone could ask for ~Grins.

#84 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:29 AM

Would that make my 3mpl spider 5d a wubder or a wubber or maybe a spwub?

#85 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 21 November 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Would that make my 3mpl spider 5d a wubder or a wubber or maybe a spwub?

"Spwub" is the exact onomatopoetic translation of the sound of Peter Parker getting an unintended faceful, as he accidentally unloads his web shooters at the point of climax while beating the meat.

The More You Know (The Less Things Make Sense)!

#86 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

I do not remember "meat" from the Spider-Man comics was this one of the vilians?

#87 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 21 November 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

I do not remember "meat" from the Spider-Man comics was this one of the vilians?

Eugh. Facetiousness wins again.

"Incoming HPG transmission from:

UNKNOWN

Err0x378SP!
cast source_rel: CSRRigA_LnHPG_2
cast origin_ident: none
cast del_ident: none
cast auth: none
cast authorization protocols violation detect̵e͏d͟, int͏e̶r͡r͡u͟p̨ti9͢n̕fa͠9͞_͢b̶ask͠1̛2f͠u̧nc?1x͟blaf͟ö͘v͢4pr31u̢o͏g͞å4̢h̀t́0̢90҉9́jwö͡ä̀mx̨f̸.,̵m͠b.-c̶b cl2

stand by...

Subject: EE̴EE̢EEEE̸EE̛E̸E̢EEEEȨE͝EE̸EE

Attention, all test subjects! We've just invented a device that makes you read this message in your head, in my voice no less!

Ha ha, no, actually it's playing through your headset speakers. But I bet I had you there for a moment.

Actually, it's a post-chamber particle resonance tuner for PPCs that allows you to hijack a HPG array when it's in standby mode. The ionization that takes place when the stream of particles hits the main dish translates itself into a message in the outgoing buffer memory, and the energy discharge plus the command code triggers the relay to cast. 'Why do this,' you ask? Have you seen what ComStar is charging lately? They tried salting my subscription and then pulling paperwork on me when I didn't want to foot their nonsense. Well, I'll show them what happens when you try to use paperwork to fight science! Multimeter beats pencil, you stuck-up twit! Let's see how long they feel like trying to stiff us when they have to keep replacing surge protectors on their installations.

Anyway, we're still working out a few kinks, among other things the command code since we didn't have much of a kernel to start with, but the main concept appears to be solid. It's just a matter of finding some way of keeping the values stable enough to stop the last parts of the signal from devolving into random bits of base code. Your system should filter these out anyway, although I can't tak̸e ҉re͘s̸pöä̢e͝3͡+9̛1̧r̀ö̧l̡m̕ö̀ä̡'͢wg̨o̷jṕä҉t ́fä́,.̧-͞c3́9͏j̕f̛¨̵1̧+͠j́12̧9t

Opening comnet browser...

Connected to locally cached content... redirecting...

Opening page: gww.ancientarchive.net/dist/g120027/lemonparty.org in 2103 windows"

Edited by Mr Huge, 21 November 2014 - 06:05 PM.

#88 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostMr Huge, on 21 November 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

"Spwub" is the exact onomatopoetic translation of the sound of Peter Parker getting an unintended faceful, as he accidentally unloads his web shooters at the point of climax while beating the meat.

The More You Know (The Less Things Make Sense)!
gota love a dirty superhero joke

View Post3xnihilo, on 21 November 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

gota love a smart dodge to a dirty super hero joke as well

#89 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:36 AM

Posted Image

If only people could see your 'mech's name in game ;)

Edited by 3xnihilo, 22 November 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#90 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:39 AM

"Incoming HPG transmission:

Subject: Updating Drop Deck:

Gordon,

I have been intending to send this message for sometime but it seems ComStar has been having trouble with vandals firing PPC's into the transmitters lately and the queue to get a message out is terrible.

First I would like to congratulate you on the apparent expansion of your business. While on a "peace keeping" mission lately on our border with <transmission blocked> my repair crew had to remove 2 gauss rounds from the reactor in the COM-TDK I recently had to your shop for upgrades. As Irony would have it both rounds had your insignia on them.

Anyway, to the point. In preparation for upcoming operations in <transmission blocked> it has become necessary for me to field a heavier drop deck (apparently 1 Locust, 2 Commandos, and 1 Spider is not considered diverse enough for extended deployments of this nature). For this reason I would appreciate any information you have available on some medium class battlemechs. The CN9-AH which your associates sent to me in appreciation for the business I have given them has been functioning well in some recent trial runs and I am interested in other variants of the chassis so I can capitalize on the experience I have already gained. Other suggestions would be welcome, but please refrain from sending any literature on Blackjacks, there have been reports of malfunctioning ejector seats coming back from one of our outreaches.

Best wishes to you, as always,

3xnihilo

PS. Please include warranty information for the GM XL240 engine and an upgrade pack of Ferro-Fibrous Armor if any are currently available.

End Transmission"

Edited by 3xnihilo, 22 November 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#91 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 22 November 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

"Incoming HPG transmission:

Subject: Updating Drop Deck:

Gordon,

I have been intending to send this message for sometime...

"Incoming HPG transmission from:

Gordon B. Huge, EngMD - Ex. Chief & Technological Director, Huge & Scaeregh Enterprises; CEO, The Huge Machine Shop

Subject: Re: Updating Drop Deck

My good Mr. Nihilo,

I am very pleased to hear that you found the special edition Centurion to your liking, and your timing is quite fortuitous; we're planning a drive on CN9 chassis parts soon. We're hard at work at putting together a battlefield-effective configuration for the CN9-AL using a dual Large Pulse Laser setup, and recent upgrades to the CN9-D variant have allowed us to improve its loading chain's interfacing with the blowback mechanism in the right arm which will allow for some truly outrageous rates of fire when mounted with LB10-X autocannons. I would particularly suggest investigating into this model, as you are familiar with faster mechs. Yes, the CN9-D is a more costly alternative, however I will point out that as per manufacturer request, the chassis comes pre-equipped with Artemis target computing, as well as a GM 300XL engine (in some regions, provisions have been made to swap this for an equivalent Hermes model). To point out; this class of engine at present represents a sort of "sweet spot" in the engine lineup of nearly all manufacturers, as it stands atop the transition point where you start having to add extra main buffer storage and added layers of e.g. boron composites to compensate for increased reaction power and currents using the standard protium reaction. Also, the virtues of the LB10-X weapons system cannot be exaggerated; it is a lighter, more reliable and simply better alternative to standard AC10s at any range below 400 meters, particularly when combatting light mechs or in a suppression or post-skirmish environment. I won't even mention what ten 10mm diameter metal shards bouncing around at supersonic speeds can do to an ambushing troop formation with AT-weapons in an urban environment...

More on engines; I've appended a document file outlining the standard warranty policy for all GM extralight engines in the 200-250 classes, with some interesting side notes. However I should point out that if your chassis allows for it, there is absolutely no reason not to mount a 245-class XL engine rather than a 240; the weight difference between the models is virtually nonexistent. Similarly, there is no reason not to take a step back and trade off a little current and speed for an added half-ton of ammunition. You never know when you'll need it.

Finally, I can not but say that I am shocked and incensed at your report of the damages to your Death's Knell! I certainly hope that only the ammunition was supplied by our company, possibly captured during a supply raid or somesuch. Any properly put together Gauss Rifle should accelerate its projectiles to a sufficient speed that they shatter and deliver the full kinetic energy into the target, leaving no remnants of the projectile large enough to identify something like an insignia. If the weapon was indeed delivered by us, then someone has been doing shoddy work, and that I will not stand for! Anyway, as much as I would like to say about your participating in peacekeeping missions (I truly hope that those were some severe quotations there, and that they aren't truly making peace efforts in the region; not only would I be worried for your sake, but for the sanity of the [BLOCKED] system government as well) I will nevertheless offer you a full discount on your next reactor check and maintenance for your next visit, if you'll agree to keep quiet about this while I make investigations.

Humbly,

Mr. Gordon Huge"

#92 Cotab

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSecret Gaming Base

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

Hello, thought it would be cool to share my Centurion CN9-AH loadout :) . http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f1a9e376680422c : It runs slow without speed tweak but makes up for that with range. With no energy hardpoints there is the possibility of running out of ammo but, running this build, I have not so far. Enjoy!

#93 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

The link doesn't seem to be working. I am currently running a uac5 and 3srm4 w/ an xl275. In all honesty I am quite bad with it but I have had good luck with the teams I have dropped with so my stats look pretty good :) I was planning on grinding out some cbills and picking up 2 more variants but I got distracted by locusts so I am back to almost broke again. Btw, the the locust 3m with 5 spl is an amazing little assassin :)

Edit: sorry my phone hated me now the link is working. Hmmm . . . Gauss rifle, I honestly haven't used one since I was just starting and was crappy with it. Maybe it would be worth another shot.

Edited by 3xnihilo, 01 December 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#94 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

Incoming HPG Transmission

To: General Public:

Valued Customers, we would like to inform you that due to an increase in conflicts in certain sectors, many of the transmissions from those sectors have been delayed. Unfortunately this has also coincided with local holidays in these areas further increasing the time needed to bring our transmitters back online and clear the backlog of pending messages. We appreciate your continued patience as we work to clear up these issues. If you have any questions or comments pleas contact us at [transmission terminated]

Edited by 3xnihilo, 03 December 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#95 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 15 October 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

I run by prison rules. Stay at the back, avoid being noticed, and have a nice, fat sugar daddy as a protector (DireWolf or Atlas are at the top of the prison food chain).

Best MWO advice ever!

#96 Athena Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

The Timber Wolf is my favorite mech. Good speed at 80+ kph. Good Armor, Good fire power. Jump jet option 1, 2, 4 or 5 jump jets. The Timberwolf S is stuck with 1 jumpjet in its center torso so only get that one if you want jump capability. Timberwolf does whatever you want playstyle wise too. 2 ER PPC Gaus sniper. 2 large pulse + 4 er medium laser vomit midrange. 2 er med, 1 er ppc, 4 srm 6 brawler with some range capability 3 lrm 15 + tag + 3 er meds lrm boat. Timberwolf does it all.

#97 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

Twolves are definitely a good mech and a very formidable adversary :) the Hellbringers that I have seen in matches look like they are pretty good too. At least from the cockpit of my unmastered centurion they look very agile. (Or spectating them since that is what I send most of my time doing now that I am trying to learn mediums)

#98 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

I'm a big fan of the Catapult line, specifically the C1, K2 and Jester. They're a bit large in the nose (read: you will always get cored CT), but the high mounted arms make for great ridgesniping, they can mount XL engines with virtually no penalty, and they're pretty quick on their feet.

Not to mention they basically pilot like a locust, because if anyone sneezes on you too hard you will fold in half and cease to exist.

#99 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:33 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 04 December 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Twolves are definitely a good mech and a very formidable adversary :) the Hellbringers that I have seen in matches look like they are pretty good too. At least from the cockpit of my unmastered centurion they look very agile. (Or spectating them since that is what I send most of my time doing now that I am trying to learn mediums)

Hellbringers are what you get if you 1) make the Warhammer a Clan mech or 2) put a Summoner on Steroids. A T-Wolf will have better agility and arguably better hardpoint variety, but the Hellbringer's LT lasers are identical to the Thunderbolt's in that they basically at head heigh (it can even have a head laser if you lose the torso a lot). It won't win many brawls, but it has great potential as a fire-support mech that can get scrappy end-game with the right build.

#100 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

I'm just waiting for the introduction of the Hammerhands. Now that is a mech I can get into. Most particularly the HMH-6E. And hopefully, for the future, UAC/2s and Plasma Rifles and Light engines...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users