#21 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 October 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

Those Mech C-bill and MC sales were every weekend for 5 weeks with the Faction sales.
It was the first time we had done C-Bill and MC sale at the same time and it was a Piranha Games initiative.
We are continuing to experiment with our sales and events so it is difficult to say when a sale like that will happen again.
My advice is to take advantage of the sales when you can.

So, in other words... PGI never had "control" over their past sales when affiliated with IGP? I'm starting to notice a trend lately with PGI getting more proactive and communicate more with the Community... I'm going to safely assume IGP was the major factor in MWO's lack of growth since Open Beta :ph34r:

#22 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

What about Halloween colors?

#23 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 10 October 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Cbill mech sales are rare?? I have only been playing MWO since the summer (I downloaded the game late last year at a friends recommendation but for some reason I just couldn't get the game to run until recently) and when I joined every weekend there was a cbill mech sale...even when other (MC) things were on sale select cbill mechs were discounted as well. When hero mechs were on sale recently (it was a weekend were every day 4 different hero mechs were on sale, the first lance challenge weekend I believe) so were corresponding standard cbill mechs...I bought a few heros but didnt have the cbills to buy the standard chassies to complete mastery. At the time I though "no big deal, i'll just buy them durring next weekend's sale" but it didn't happen and I've been wating and waiting and waiting for another cbill mech sale. You say they are rare and maybe they haven't happened often in the past, but from my perspective they were happening EVERY weekend until PGI resumed control of the game (I'm not trying to slam anyone here, maybe its just coincidence).

I've been playing for 2 almost years. The C-bill mech sales were right after the release of the Clan mechs. They were to show the IS a little love. Yes there were quite a few C-bill mech sales, but that was the 1st time I'd ever seen them. There will be more. I suspect after Clan Wave 2 is released there will be plenty more C-bill sales.

#24 Wo0t

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 51 posts
  • LocationHere, there, everwhere!

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostFlareHeart, on 10 October 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

In the graphic, there is an image of a blue hanging pumpkin (second from the left), but that one either isn't in the cockpit items or I'm blind. Can anyone else see that blue faced pumpkin in-game?

Not sure about a "blue" pumpkin, but indeed the 2nd pumpkin from the left on the sale graphic is not visible in game. The pumpkin in question appears to be an evil grinning pumkpin that is greyish in colour.

View PostTezcatli, on 10 October 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

What about Halloween colors?

Indeed! Halloween colours would be awesome! Unless this will be in a future sale this month?

#25 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between yesterday and my destiny.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostWo0t, on 10 October 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

Not sure about a "blue" pumpkin, but indeed the 2nd pumpkin from the left on the sale graphic is not visible in game. The pumpkin in question appears to be an evil grinning pumkpin that is greyish in colour.

True, the pumpkin itself is grey, but the glow in it appears to be blue. But either way, that is the one I would like to purchase but it isn't visible in game. Bug? Not activated? Special reward?

#26 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

I need some more cockpit fluff :D H-lights and Grey/Blue Skull to be purchased tonight... **** I might need more MCs :wacko:

#27 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostA sebaceous cyst, on 10 October 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

How can I "take advantage of the sales when (I) can" if you don't have another one? Unlike a lot of folks here, I only really got to see/take advantage of one c-bill/mech sale...so Matt when will the next one be so that I can plan and "take advantage" of it???

Ok, now and since forever, sales have taken place on weekends, generally with 4 (4!!) days in which you can take advantage. Friday morning to Tuesday morning. They are always advertised on the forums and in the launcher client, in even in emails if you choose to receive them!

So.... just login on one of those 4 days and see what's on sale. If you like something, then get it while it's on sale, cause it probably won't be on sale again any time soon.

I don't think it's their responsibility to tell anyone what is coming up on sale in the coming weeks, in fact that'd just be bad business :lol:

Edited by cSand, 10 October 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#28 Priest4357

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostA sebaceous cyst, on 10 October 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

How can I "take advantage of the sales when (I) can" if you don't have another one? Unlike a lot of folks here, I only really got to see/take advantage of one c-bill/mech sale...so Matt when will the next one be so that I can plan and "take advantage" of it???

When the next one comes. So you didn't join up as early, that happens, but you don't need to whine like a little kid. You missed, it happens. Get over it, and wait till it happens again like the rest of us.

#29 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

I can't find the ghoul pumpkin in the cockpit item store!!!

#30 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostAnuerysm, on 10 October 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

When the next one comes. So you didn't join up as early, that happens, but you don't need to whine like a little kid. You missed, it happens. Get over it, and wait till it happens again like the rest of us.

The only person whining here is you about a ligitimate question I asked in resposne to the statement Matt made. Last time I checked thats what these forums are here for and everyone has the right to ask questions, make comments, give suggestions and report issues (as long as it is done so in a civilized manner). I'm sorry if I somehow offended your personal sense of high and mightiness (something that you should grow up about and get over) but I was trying to make a point, how can I take advantage of something that doesn't happen. This game was recommended to me by a few friends and I do greatly enjoy it (even though I have only been here for a short time). I was trying to "plan" how to spend the c-bills I earned from the cadet bonus and talking things over with my friends their suggestion was "just buy what you want now, get the other two chassies for mastery next weekend, don't worry they are on sale every weekend", but since then they haven't been for almost 2 months. OK it was bad advice, now I know, but you don't have to jump down my throat for a question that wasn't even asked of you.

#31 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

#2Spook4U

#32 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 October 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

Those Mech C-bill and MC sales were every weekend for 5 weeks with the Faction sales.
It was the first time we had done C-Bill and MC sale at the same time and it was a Piranha Games initiative.
We are continuing to experiment with our sales and events so it is difficult to say when a sale like that will happen again.
My advice is to take advantage of the sales when you can.

I'm waiting for when you guys have the Battlemaster 1S and the Hellslinger on sale... I just hope that I'm able to access my account when that happens (sometimes my bad luck likes to ruin things like that for me).

#33 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

I really wish I could have those camo patterns on my clan invasion variants.

#34 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

The missing pumpkin head was found and is now enabled for purchase.
You wouldn't believe the spells I had to cast to make this item appear!
Thanks for the "heads up" guys!

#35 The Trumpet of Gabriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

I knew I should have waited to buy those camos that I picked up last night...

Edited by Sword of Morning, 10 October 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#36 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

Pumpkins!

#37 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 October 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

The missing pumpkin head was found and is now enabled for purchase.
You wouldn't believe the spells I had to cast to make this item appear!
Thanks for the "heads up" guys!

Man, you guys not only are on the ball with answers these days, you also have a sense of humor about it??!?!? :wub:

I miss IGP...not. :P

#38 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

Still waiting for the next Misery sale. I have money with its name on it. Do it PGI

#39 Foxfire kadrpg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

I don't normally check the cockpit items, so when I did today, I was a bit suprised to see a hanging lantern.

Has the hanging lantern been there for a while, or is it a Halloween only item?

#40 The Trumpet of Gabriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

Holloween only

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users