Game Mode Rewards - Bet You Didn't Notice.

163 replies to this topic

#1 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

I am guessing that during the game mode voting situation most people didn't notice that game rewards are much higher now in conquest.

In fact since Tuesday Conquest is giving out the highest per game average of C-Bills.

~15K higher per match average than Assault and Skirmish.

Just saying.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

I will have to do experimentation on this later tonight...for science of course.

#3 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

all good and all, but what do i spend my C-bills on?.

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

I did notice unusual high rewards, but thought those came from my stormcrow prime and active premium time, as I'm not used to running with bonuses.

Maybe this change will fill some ranks for this mode now. Thanks! :)

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostAbisha, on 10 October 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

More robots, DHS taxes, and/or weapon modules?

#6 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:51 AM

I would lose that bet. I didnt notice but modules are expensive so I am glad to hear it.

#7 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

View PostRuss Bullock, on 10 October 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

I am guessing that during the game mode voting situation most people didn't notice that game rewards are much higher now in conquest.

In fact since Tuesday Conquest is giving out the highest per game average of C-Bills.

~15K higher per match average than Assault and Skirmish.

Just saying.

Was anything in the reward structure actually changed? Or is this just a change in what people are averaging in each mode, because of changes in player behavior?

#8 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Why did you wait to tell us until NOW?

A lot of gamemode voting's opponents were standing on the position of not wanting to play an unrewarding game mode. What might the poll results have been if that were changed?

#9 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

MECHS!

That is awesome new's Russ, I was just in a thread trying to defend Conquest mode, now it will be easy! Time to bust out my Commando's, earning extra C bills at 171 KPH never felt so good!

#10 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 10 October 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Was anything in the reward structure actually changed? Or is this just a change in what people are averaging in each mode, because of changes in player behavior?

You now get the same amount of Cbills per kill/assist etc as any other game mode - so basically if it does end in a cap victory you can end up getting the 37,500 on top of the ability to earn the same rewards everywhere else.

#11 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 10 October 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Why did you wait to tell us until NOW?

A lot of gamemode voting's opponents were standing on the position of not wanting to play an unrewarding game mode. What might the poll results have been if that were changed?

Well i was completely oblivious to the change myself, but i think thats the point. It was changed to be more rewarding.

#12 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

I am also doing some research into maybe changing how fast you can flip the resource points - some feedback on how when they were slowed down it changed their desire to play the mode.

#13 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

As someone with 30+million cbills with nothing to use it on, I can definitively say that I still have no reason to play a poor game mode like Conquest.

What I DID notice was these game modes have been stale for well over a year now.

Edited by ZacharyJ, 10 October 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#14 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 10 October 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

I am also doing some research into maybe changing how fast you can flip the resource points - some feedback on how when they were slowed down it changed their desire to play the mode.

I agree with this. They take an absolute age and it can take a couple of mechs out of the endgame because they spend so long capping.

Faster flips would mean a more fluid gameplay, and give greater opportunity for mechs like the DWF or Atlas to cap and help more with capping when they lose all their weapons or ammo.

#15 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

It was changed at the same time it was changed for assault. I understand the change for assault, but can't understand why it was changed for conquest.

#16 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 10 October 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

You now get the same amount of Cbills per kill/assist etc as any other game mode - so basically if it does end in a cap victory you can end up getting the 37,500 on top of the ability to earn the same rewards everywhere else.

Oh, wow - that's awesome. If that had been stated in the Patch Notes, people may have given the changes a bit more time before freaking out... or, maybe not.

Absolutely please god, yes! They take WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too long to change. Modes like Conquest need to be dynamic, with cap-points changing hands quickly, in order to really play well. This is doubly-true on the smaller maps like River City or Forrest Colony.

Edited by DEMAX51, 10 October 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#17 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

That's really what killed my desire to play Conquest. The lowered rewards were bad enough, but the dramatically slowed cap rate is what really killed the game mode.

Glad to hear that the rewards for Conquest have been boosted back up to Assault/Skirmish levels. But to echo what others have said, that would have been good information to have prior to the "mode voting" patch. I didn't notice that it had changed.

#18 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

Oh Russ.... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

-ST

#19 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

Beer and strippers?

#20 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostZacharyJ, on 10 October 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

As someone with 30+million cbills with nothing to use it on, I can definitively say that I still have no reason to play a poor game mode like Conquest.

What I DID notice was these game modes have been stale for well over a year now.

Weapon and 'Mech moduless? Multiple copies of the one's you'll need for your dropship of 'Mechs in Community Warfare? All of the C-bill buyable colors?

Edited by DEMAX51, 10 October 2014 - 10:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users