Reward Tracking And Narc/tag Bonuses

84 replies to this topic

#41 AntleredCormorant

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

To clarify; are TAG/NARC bonuses not being reported or are they not being applied at all?

And if they aren't being applied, is that for the game in general or just for this particular challenge?

Not to beat a dead horse but those TAG/NARC bonuses are pretty important to the already underrepresented Light/Medium classes.

Also :huh: at people that think this is a good thing when Light mechs are usually around the 10% mark to begin with. If you're having a problem with LRM's I suggest making better use of terrain/ECM/upgraded AMS/Radar Dep module. Turns those LRMs into expensive ballast.

Edited by AntleredCormorant, 11 October 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#42 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

They gave more points for both assists and spot assists, so I think it's fair to lights and mediums. I ran today's challenge in a KTO-18 with BAP, tag, and sensor module, and I did pretty well on assists and spot assists. Took me about an hour, and I only really had two good drops kill and damage wise so it really was all about those assists/spots.

#43 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostSilentThreat69, on 11 October 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

I am not just talking about this weekends event, but over all here.

To ensure proper game play for each game mode the scoring system should be different!
Obviously Skirmish, is a kill them all mode. and your current scoring system is just fine for that.
But it just doesn't work for Assault and Conquest.
Most game's that I have been in turn into a Skirmish because there is no real incentive to play the game mode as intended.

You need to have a very high point value for capping and defending the bases in Assault.
This will give the players incentive to play the game mode, an not just try and kill everyone. it requires more strategy then brute force.

You need to apply the same concept to Conquest mode as well.

I believe that if you applied these ideas to the game it would dramatically change the game for the better.

I agree.

We could have assault defensive bonus for hurting enemy mech in own base, assault offensive bonus for hurting enemy in enemy base.

This would reward base defenders and base attackers more than current blanket bonus for being "within the enemy ring"

Noting that there are already bonuses for destroying turrets. Meelee combat within base is fast furious desperate

#44 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostEric Wulfen, on 11 October 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

You are taking the piss right? got over 75 points (only won one game) in less then an hour and I am a poor player, yesterdays event took me about 10 games all told so mate you and your friend are doing something VERY wrong indeed here.

"taking the piss" WHAT?!? Speak English.
I have been playing since the last wipe. I spent three and one-half hours playing and only got 98 points. I can't imagine how you got more than 75 points in a single round.

2 points for kills so maximum is 24 points.
or
3 points for assists so max is 36 points.
4 points for a victory
so far maximum is 28 through 40 points.
So you would need (spot=3) 12-16+ spots with near perfect playing.

Your either lying or so good it's unbelievable.

#45 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:32 PM

View Postgamingogre, on 11 October 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

I have been playing since the last wipe. I spent three and one-half hours playing and only got 98 points. I can't imagine how you got more than 75 points in a single round.

or
4 points for a victory

He only won one game. Not played one game.

#46 Dragomir Zelenka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:25 AM

It's easy to run into a series of bad matches in any PUG, but you'd have to have a hell of a lot of bad games to drop steadily for 3 and 1/2 hours and only have 98 points. Say you're getting 4 matches in an hour, which would give you around 14 matches in that time. That means you're only averaging 7 points a drop. That's possible, but mostly if you're charging in and getting killed right out of the gate, or participating in a stomp (on either end) that moves so quickly you can't scratch a laser across more than 2-3 mechs before it's done.

I had a couple of matches in the Conquest challenge where I ended up with 2 points. Both were stomps where our team got annihilated 12-0, so it's certainly possible to get garbage rounds. But those were by far the exception. In the 3 matches I spent trundling around in my non-elited BJ-1 I averaged out at 20 points a pop, and that was with only 1 or 2 kills, a handful of assists, and the occasional spotting bonus as a reward for using the R button. When I switched out to the Raven, it was like the game couldn't wait to get me to challenge complete. I completed the challenge in 9 games over the course of maybe 2 hours, and got the majority - if not all - of the points before the revision which made it simpler.

Today was the same. 5 games total to blow past 200 points, all in PUG, with less than an hour in play. If anything, I was hoping to seeing more tiers of points to chase, because I think the challenge play this time is pretty fun, and it felt like the race barely started before I hit the finish line.

So while I sympathize if you got caught in 3 hours of absolute curb stomp, low point hell, I don't think it would be a good idea for PGI to recalibrate the challenge system on the assumption that's going to be the case for everyone.

Edited by Dragomir Zelenka, 12 October 2014 - 12:36 AM.

#47 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:32 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 10 October 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Hey Folks,

A couple of patches ago, we put in a big series of new rewards to be tracked that will be giving rewards to players doing the various roles in combat. For example, scouts would be heavily rewarded for scouting activities. We put these in early and were using the playerbase to help us gain metrics on which rewards were being triggered. With this information, we can set the CB/XP rewards without exploding the current economy.

Simply put, we added a bunch of hidden reward trackers and started gathering data. Recently we found out that one of the rewards that are currently being rewarded live was accidentally added to the hidden list. This reward was NARC bonuses. We are fixing this but it will not be included in production until the next patch.

That being said, this is directly affecting the current weekend event since the Tag/NARC bonus are used in the formula for giving you points. What we are doing is removing the Tag/NARC points from the formula and redistributing the 4 points to the other variables in the formula. You will see on the event page that the following has been applied:

Kill = 2 points
Assist = 3 points
Spot = 3 points
Victory = 4 points

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Maybe you could also try to give different C-Bills rewards to the role. For instance if you play a Light and fullfill "the role intend" you could also get a slightly larger revenue.

#48 Dormax

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:46 AM

or
4 points for a victory

Haven't had any problems at all... a few bad games, sure, but also had a few good games to make up for it.
Yesterday, had my best game for the challenge with 2 kills, 8 assists, 21 spots, and a win = 95 points... so yeah... very doable.

Thanks PGI! Been lots of fun!

#49 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:47 AM

that explains why siddenly i go massive amount of scores compares to what i calculated. xD

#50 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:00 AM

It's also possible that the people having trouble were specifically using tag/narc, which wasn't working.

#51 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:31 AM

There is much irony in this post. I assume your own understanding of the English language is based on some quaint colonial variation? ;)

As for the new point system, way easier. It just took 3 good matches and 2 bad ones to get the assault reward.

#52 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:16 AM

I think that when these go in "for realz", if you want to incent behavior change you should also post those on the brag-screen.

View PostOzric, on 12 October 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

There is much irony in this post. I assume your own understanding of the English language is based on some quaint colonial variation? ;)

As for the new point system, way easier. It just took 3 good matches and 2 bad ones to get the assault reward.

I totally approve this message, as one of the aforementioned former colonials and support your view of the language bearing that name, even though it is from the land heathen imperialist ********.

#53 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

Can no one see how wrong it is if I kill 6 mechs doing over 50% damage on each and a raven runs around shooting each one once, and he gets more points??? Kills must = assists. Your encouraging trolls.

#54 Spackle Overlord

Rookie

• The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

I like these events a lot. They're great fun. I don't even mind the one day of premium time. However, when that premium time starts immediately, it loses a great deal of its meaning. A lot of players don't play everyday, and on events, we make time for the event only. We get the premium time, but it starts immediately. By the time we get on again, the premium time is over. It's really a waste of a reward in many case. There needs to be a way to use the premium time only when we want, and not lose it.

#55 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

So, what's this new "LOCK DAMAGE ASSIST" ? I only saw it once I started running an LRM loadout. I have a target info gathering module, but nothing else special about the build.

Searched, but only came up with this thread and no official answers.

So, Paul, what is this new reward?

Jody

Edit: Just ran an SSRM based loadout and saw it in that match as well. So, what gives? How do I capitalize on this new reward?

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 12 October 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#56 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

THERE IS NO ECONOMY

#57 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

I have been playing since the last wipe. I spent three and one-half hours playing and only got 98

Wow, that's bad. My first hour was pretty bad last night (had several ROFLStomps till we got some better group cohesion) and I didn't get 50 points, but after that it wasn't unusall to have 20-30 point games. 6 assists and a win is 22, and that's a pretty mild game. Getting at least 6 assists per win, an average of 2-3 spotting assissts gives nearly 30 per win, and even in a loss it's not too hard to get a few assists and a spot or two unless you're getting stomped.

Lights have an advantage in collecting assists, but any mech with a good Arty strike can collect a few easily, and UAVs help with spots, and both help you win. Don't want to spend the MC/CB? (I'd never get one with MC, and understand not wanting to give up the CB) BAP can help you spot mechs earlier and counter ECM. A good ECM mech can help give your team survivability so you win more. Mount AMS to help keep your team and yourself alive as well. Coordinate as best you can with your team, and you'll find you have better matches as your team does better.

Doing PUG drops? Once you die, drop out and join a new match. Don't try to suicide and play your best each match, but once you're out, you don't need to linger around. By sheer volume, you should be able to rack up some points (and CBills).

#58 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostMechsniper, on 12 October 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

Can no one see how wrong it is if I kill 6 mechs doing over 50% damage on each and a raven runs around shooting each one once, and he gets more points??? Kills must = assists. Your encouraging trolls.

Rewarding kills more promotes selfish play. Rewarding assists more promotes team play, as you no longer fight to get that magical kill and end up shooting your team, getting in their way, or leaving them behind to kill chase a nearly dead mech.

#59 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

so 2 hours in, and I got the final challenge complete, this took me the same time-ish as the other 2, I just did them at different times of day, friday night, saturday late afternoon/ early evening and sunday as soon as it switched over. anyone who says it is hard doesn't get this, I am not good at this game, I dont care how good anyone else is but look here:
Posted Image

As you can see, I am meh at this game according to stats, but I found this challenge a bit easy, and would prefer the numbers upped to 300 and put back to normal with tag/narc fixed and back in preoperly

#60 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

Getting a kill is the entire point of MechWarrior!!!! If not, GG close PGI start packing your desks.
Getting the kill is NOT selfish, and this type of bs adds to why no one will fight in a PUG match now. Trolling around tapping each enemy to try to get 12 assists in a light also is not helpful. When you are an assault mech or heavy, getting the kill and dealing high levels of damage should absolutely be rewarded equally to the guy who hits a lot of enemies only once or twice with an ERLL or 2. Lets make kill assists require you do at least 25 percent damage to a mech at the least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users