24 replies to this topic

#21 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:00 AM

RA goes pop, extra damage applies to RT internals, Gauss in RT goes pop. Happens to dual gauss 3Ds every single time.

#22 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 12 October 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

I know the gauss rifle has an increased chance of receiving a critical hit and being destroyed, but does that increased chance still happen even without an armor breach in the component carrying the gauss?

I just had a match where I lost my gauss rifle in my RT, even though the RT still had full armor, both front and back, and my right arm still had armor also

There's a rare case where your mech can receive so much overwhelming damage to a section as you die, coupled with fluctuating ping, that the server doesn't always show destroyed sections, and instead you end up dead, with a mech that looks healthy.

Now, on the other hand, if you didn't die, and just lost a gauss rifle with an armored section, that's different.

#23 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 17 October 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

There's a rare case where your mech can receive so much overwhelming damage to a section as you die, coupled with fluctuating ping, that the server doesn't always show destroyed sections, and instead you end up dead, with a mech that looks healthy.

Now, on the other hand, if you didn't die, and just lost a gauss rifle with an armored section, that's different.

Yeah...didn't die, just lost the gauss rifle in an armored section...with armor still on the se tion after the loss of the rifle

#24 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 17 October 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

Yeah...didn't die, just lost the gauss rifle in an armored section...with armor still on the se tion after the loss of the rifle

and you're sure you had Gauss ammo on your mech (double check the ammo installed), and it wasn't destroyed? Because that would be a crazy glitch.

#25 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 17 October 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

and you're sure you had Gauss ammo on your mech (double check the ammo installed), and it wasn't destroyed? Because that would be a crazy glitch.

ammo wasn't destroyed, the rifle was

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users