34 replies to this topic

#1 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

An alarming trend of pilots killed by the overpowered Locust are giving up on piloting and waking away in dismay. Seeking solace in the Twolf. Dont worry. We are hear to help!

You have a name! Stand tall and get back in your Whale! Dont let the overrated Locust ruin your life. Take command and have the confidence to stare that overrated Locust in the face and one-shot him.

Remember! You have a name!!!

You Medium and Heavy pilots can help too! With a small C-Bill donation to InspectorG, you too, can help these Pilots stand tall and take the field again!

100 C-Bills a day, and you can help an Atlas stomp again.

And this poor Whale. Paralyzed by fear. Too afraid to even look behind himself. Too scared to call for help.
But we can help him. He no longer needs to fear the Locust.

So please! HELP.
Help these pilots FIND THEIR NAME!!!

#2 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:36 PM

This should be fun ^_^

Any bets on how long it take me to wind up here with a death?

Similar to the other thread - here for followings sake

#3 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

The primary food source of the Locust is whale meat. We should be protecting the endangered species, not trying to protect its natural food source.

Sure a few cows might have to be sacrificed, but what is a slow ugly cow when compared to the elegant grace of a darting locust?

Locusts, spiders, cicadas, we should find ways to help these marvelous creations follow their natural hunting instincts to help clean out the current glut of disgusting, overweight behemoths.

Your donations to light mechs also go farther and have greater impact. For the cost of one whale you could help 10 locusts. Don't give into the government propaganda. Lights are the true victims here. Forced to valiantly charge headlong into vast odds while the useless and cowardly assaults hid in the back lines firing LRMs or team killing these valant lights.

Do you know what the ratio or light mechs killed by friendly assaults to assaults killed by friendly lights? A lot, to almost none. Lights are the true victims here, and every assault mech that we send back down into the deep pits of Terra Therma is a victory for justice, good, and everything that is right in the universe.

Super Unbiased Poll:
A.) Yes, I agree. Lights are the true victims.
B.) No, I disagree. I am a dark fat spawn from the depths of Terra Therma and hate balance and all that is good. (I also love LRMs)

There's still time. Sign up for our quick weight loss plan. Learn how you can go from a lumbering 100 ton whale to a fast, nimble, and healthy light in just weeks.

Three simple steps:
1) Sell assault mechs
2) Buy light mechs
3) Profit!!!! (Dance in your excess cbills gained from shedding unneeded fat)

Remember, boats are an assault problem, not a light problem.

The assault mech and the light
We save our lights!

#4 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:23 PM

This just makes me sad, since I'm primarily a heavy driver, and the times I've ridden an allied Atlas into battle with my 3D it has not gone well...not at all...turns out a heavy on an assault, while scary at first and able to pump out a lot of firepower to kill a mech or two, is also about the largest target on the battlefield, by a mech's length.... they definitely saw us coming.

#5 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hehehe...just wanted to pop in and say that I'm one of those Locust pilots. :rolleyes:

Scored me a Dire Wolf on Canyons the other day with a Locust 1V(P): 1xMPL, 4xMGs. He had a Spider trying to guard him too. B)

As someone who periodically pilots Assaults, I know how frustrating it is to have a Light do that to you, so I'll give you some tips:

1) When confronting a Locust, put your back into the nearest wall and face outward with all your guns. This prevents the Locust from getting into your unprotected and very vulnerable six. Don't even try to run away; you can't. Also, don't try to maneuver with it; the Locust is way more maneuverable than you and will stay in your six. Planting it in a corner or a wall is the only sure-fired way to keep it safe from the Locust.

2) Scream loudly for help from friendly Light pilots. Light pilots are competitive and love pitting their machines against other Lights. One just may be friendly or competitive enough to come protect you from that pesky Locust.

3) If it's me, then just power down and let the inevitable occur. You'll suffer less psychological damage that way. :lol:

Here are some older vids; I haven't made any new Highlights yet from my more recent Twitch Locust kills. Enjoy! ;)

#6 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

I am IraqiWalker, and I approve this message.

#7 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:53 AM

I've been following the underrated locust thread with interest, Still quite possibly the most fun mech to play.

And saw the post support for assualt mech pilots post...Now it's here!

So to the Atlas pilot i killed the other night no hard feelings eh? It's only a game (to blatantly steal the B33f's #Neverfroget)

Posted Image

View PostXiphias, on 12 October 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

The primary food source of the Locust is whale meat. We should be protecting the endangered species, not trying to protect its natural food source.

Sure a few cows might have to be sacrificed, but what is a slow ugly cow when compared to the elegant grace of a darting locust?

Locusts, spiders, cicadas, we should find ways to help these marvelous creations follow their natural hunting instincts to help clean out the current glut of disgusting, overweight behemoths.

Your donations to light mechs also go farther and have greater impact. For the cost of one whale you could help 10 locusts. Don't give into the government propaganda. Lights are the true victims here. Forced to valiantly charge headlong into vast odds while the useless and cowardly assaults hid in the back lines firing LRMs or team killing these valant lights.

Do you know what the ratio or light mechs killed by friendly assaults to assaults killed by friendly lights? A lot, to almost none. Lights are the true victims here, and every assault mech that we send back down into the deep pits of Terra Therma is a victory for justice, good, and everything that is right in the universe.

Super Unbiased Poll:
A.) Yes, I agree. Lights are the true victims.
B.) No, I disagree. I am a dark fat spawn from the depths of Terra Therma and hate balance and all that is good. (I also love LRMs)

There's still time. Sign up for our quick weight loss plan. Learn how you can go from a lumbering 100 ton whale to a fast, nimble, and healthy light in just weeks.

Three simple steps:
1) Sell assault mechs
2) Buy light mechs
3) Profit!!!! (Dance in your excess cbills gained from shedding unneeded fat)

Remember, boats are an assault problem, not a light problem.

The assault mech and the light
We save our lights!

We need to get this post on the Homepage....PGI hello....Are you listening....Look here give this man some free Locust's....... Hello?

Edited by mad kat, 15 October 2014 - 03:54 AM.

#8 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

they need a new achievement for locust pilots called "bat sh*t crazy"

given after your 100th or whatever assault kill.

#9 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 16 October 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

I am a registered lunatic, and I support this message B)

#10 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

When asked if all the locusts support the slaughtering of direwhales & Warfeens, The current prime minister of locuspan has this to say

Edited by theta123, 16 October 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#11 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

It finally happened to me.

A light pilot who bought piloted a Whale...got killed my a light.

But there was no fear. Only the acceptance of Nature.

#12 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 16 October 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

I'd probably already have it, heh. They need more achievements in general though. I feel like all the ones I don't have are either an insane grind or require an incredibly improbable series of events to occur. Though, I thought that Creeping Death was one of the latter of those and I somehow got that.

/edit: Is it odd to think of a Locust as a creeping thing at all? I rather think so, given how fast I'm usually moving in it.

Title for mech-fu flick: Creeping Locust, Gutted Dire Whale. They could even use wires for tertiary characters with jump jets, like Summoner and Shadowhawk.

Edited by Tim East, 21 October 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#13 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:33 AM

Speaking of achievements:

WHY CAN'T I GET 12 ASSISTS ANYMORE!!!! I literally got a match with 12 assists, the night before the implemented the achievement system. Now, I can't get 12 for the life of me.

#14 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 October 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

Speaking of achievements:

WHY CAN'T I GET 12 ASSISTS ANYMORE!!!! I literally got a match with 12 assists, the night before the implemented the achievement system. Now, I can't get 12 for the life of me.

I was in a similar boat for until this last month.

Since then I have had at least 4 instances of it.

Just be patient and it will return.

Like the ninja that stole the random PuGer's coordination circuit :ph34r:

Edited by Shar Wolf, 22 October 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#15 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

I got my 12 in a trial Kintaro when I wanted to try something different. O_o

#16 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

I killed a stalker the other night and just killed an atlas tonight. That atlas though was also getting shot at by other friendlies but ill overlook that. Ahem.

#17 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

View Postmad kat, on 10 November 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

I killed a stalker the other night and just killed an atlas tonight. That atlas though was also getting shot at by other friendlies but ill overlook that. Ahem.

Its the killing blow that counts!

#18 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

Last night I rearcored an Atlas S

View PostInspectorG, on 12 October 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

An alarming trend of pilots killed by the overpowered Locust are giving up on piloting and waking away in dismay.

Posted Image

Edited by White Bear 84, 10 November 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#19 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 10 November 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Last night I rearcored an Atlas S

#20 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:45 PM

Sorry mr Direwhale pilot, your the last man standing, isolated in the tunnel on forest colony i couldn't resist coring you from behind in my 1M.

First Direwhale kill in a locust!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users