Clan Hero Mechs

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

Any discussions going on at PGI about Clan Hero Mechs? If so, I'm wondering if your going to be able to swap out omnipods, or if everything will be fixed because its a Hero mech? Has anyone heard anything? If so can you point me to a thread or announcement?

Thx :)

#2 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:54 AM

Nothing official ive heard but ive been off and on, here & in game last while. Forum talk has been had about this issue. I'm guessing they will lock down the omnipods so it will be a single mech and you wont be able to add, nor give the omnipods to any other mech.

Edited by Ace Selin, 15 October 2014 - 02:55 AM.

#3 Blakkstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:59 AM

It's a problem lore-wise because Clan Mechwarriors don't have any particular attachment to their mechs, and there are few if any "famous" Clan mechs to base them on. Natasha Kerensky's "Widowmaker" (Dire Wolf) is the only example I can come up without research, and that's with her essentially living as an IS merc for 40 years with Wolf's Dragoons. Even Aidan Pryde's Timber Wolf, arguably one of the most famous Clan Mechs, doesn't have a nickname. It's just the 'Pryde' configuration.

I'd expect that we'll see them in good time though. The Clanners are first available for MC, then C-Bills, then we'll probably see Heroes start to appear to revive sales of the older chassis.

#4 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

I seem to recall hearing of someone who used a slightly modified version of the Summoner Prime that had at least one energy weapon in the LT to go with the missile rack.
But other than that (and two other Dire Wolves, Prometheus and some Japanese-named one) I can think of no unique configurations that might be considered "Heroes". :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users