Interactive Stream With Some Of Mwo's Best!

Stream

3 replies to this topic

#1 Agelmar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

JagerXII and Odwalla (Sebnitu) spend a substantial amount of their time in game streaming on both NGNGtv and their own channels. Both interact with viewers through Q/As and group drops with viewers. They provide a fun and laid back setting for viewers to learn, interact with the “competitive community,” and understand the subtle things that make them successful.

Since I started watching and playing with Jager on his stream my KDR has went from the sub 1's to just over 3 now, and a good portion of that was without any clan mechs. I do not think I would have been able to finish 16th in the worthy adversary's 2 challenge on clan lights without some of the stuff I learned from playing with Jager and other SJR members on meat-shield Mondays. -TKSax

The streams are not hotbeds of elitism, a place to be preached at with competitive mindsets or ideology, but to ask questions and to improve your personal skill at MWO.

The competitive mindset is usually an ugly one. Stealing kills for tournament points, exploiting the broken animation on the Ttimberwolf jump jets, etc etc.
Yet on Odwalla's channel, Seb does all this while being an overall nice guy. He is a kickass player, with a good brain, just being a nice guy and enjoying the company of the viewers while killing the masses :-) He also knows most of the community and they know him, and it seems he is both liked and respected. Which I think makes him a good face for the competitive scene of MWO. He is accessible, open to chat and play with his viewers, which is a nice touch. I think this is why I prefer his streams over all the other ones available on twitch. -BattleBunny

The streams are a great opportunity to help make the step from casual to competitive.

I started watching Jager's stream about a month after I first started playing the game. By that point, I had the basic mechanics of MWO down, but noticed that there were some notable players that consistently outperformed others, and Jager was one of those players. I started watching his stream to see what he was doing that I wasn't; targeting specific parts of mechs to disable them, learning to use cover and torso twisting defensively to minimize damage, but also learning when it was time to push by having awareness of each team's position and what state they were in. MWO is a lot more involved than pointing and shooting, and streams like Jager taught about the less obvious ways to improve your game after you have an understanding of the basics. –thelegaldept

I found out about JagerXII's stream on an NGNGtv podcast a few months into playing MWO. I started picking up on a lot of really good advice on positioning, shooting, shielding and general tactics. JagerXII was also very good about answering questions in chat and I learned a lot about what Mechs and load outs were good and why. It was also really helpful when he pulled viewers into his drops where I could see all this first hand and learn from it. JagerXII's stream was my number one resource for getting better at MWO and breaking into the competitive scene. - Odwalla

The streams can even improve your physical health, age, and overall attractiveness.

Before I watched Jager's stream, I was still an 8 year old boy and was scared of my shadow. Now I am a thirty year old man with a 6-pack and beautiful hair. -GMan129

Join Jager, Odwalla, and a cast of other personalities from MWO's competitive and casual scenes and improve your game!

Follow JagerXII on Twitch.tv

Sunday on NGNGtv
Starting at 11:00PM Eastern
Monday - Thursday
Starting at 11:00PM Eastern

Follow Odwalla on Twitch.tv

Monday-Friday
6:00PM to 8:00PM Eastern
Saturday - Sunday
12:00AM to 3:00AM Eastern

#2 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

first

*meow*

Team Tiger

#3 Agelmar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

Seb shows the importance of aggression and executing a push when its called...

#4 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

Didn't this thread get locked once already?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users