! ~ Rear View Mirror ~ !

81 replies to this topic

Poll: Rear view. (206 member(s) have cast votes)

Whould you want rear view mirror / screen?

1. YES. (157 votes [76.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.21%

2. NO. (26 votes [12.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.62%

3. Indifferent. (13 votes [6.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.31%

4. I got a better idea (Explain) (10 votes [4.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:42 AM

@Vixen
I also agree with the night vision & infrared, they both suck and need to be fixed.

#62 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:00 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 31 March 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

actually seismic sensor came with BAP CAp not the standard sensor suite but yes we shouldn't have to ask for standard equipment in a mech and if I recall the advanced zoom cost 1 ton in MW4, and may i add that night vision and heat vision is a joke in MWO? I can't see 100 meters in front of me with it on I'm better off going to fallout and taking the drug Cat eye than useing PGI"s excuse for night vision/heat vision.

look at this beautiful picture that is REAL night vision do you see a black sky No. Is your vision limited to less than 300 meters. No.

why do we get such crappy equipement I understand the heat vision thing due to sniping but night vision is CRAP

Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks about right to me...

#63 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

They must have changed it or something recently... or maybe my graphics finnaly kicked in.

Anyway back on topic.

We could really get rit of these distracting usless screens they are only going to distract new players. "OOooh pretty lights!" *BANG* "What killed me?" one of them should be a rear view camera and maybe actual fusion reactor output or something? or maybe that old heatsink screen that showed all your heatsinks still functioning ior something or that ammo screen.

Edited by KursedVixen, 31 March 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#64 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:16 AM

the 3PV drone is the obvious answer .... using the free look key ... that I don't even have bound anymore ... because, I'm most likely to be the thing blocking you, when you want to reverse ... so that you cant reverse, and have to face my team ....

seriously though, you ever play with the drone, try to get a tactical advantage out of it ? its pretty dismal ... and, it should be better .... you should be able to have some degree of actual control over it .... like up down, left right ... and should of course, be destroyable ... I never use it, because it gives your position away too easily .... but if someone else wanted to look at me, while I stab them in the back, well that's kinda kinky ....

the drone should be a drone, and seeing as its not tethered to the mech at all, I don't see why it should have to (badly) attempt to stay in one spot .... I should be able to shoot it, and force someone to use the cockpit .... or deploy it, and send it into the sky, to see whats around .... it should never be used for general piloting .... or I'm going to see that red dot from kilometres away ....

seeing as making the screens useful is in the too hard basket .... how about denerfing the drone ...

#65 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:35 AM

pgi originally stated that there would be no third person mode what soever so then they caved(for some stupid reason) but also limiting its use.

as to the uav it should be limited in use and auto controlled.

#66 AXDrago

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:55 AM

Mein Englisch ist nicht so doll, also auf Deutsch.

Sorry, aber ganz ehrlich. ich bin grad wieder mal gestorben weil ich beim rückwärtslaufen an einer Kante hämgen geblieben bin. Ich weiß nicht wie oft ein kleine Fels oder eine Wurzel, die selbst hundert Tonnen Mechs aufhalten bis jetzt schon mein Tot gewesen sind.

Man läuft Feuernd rückwärts, augen auf der minimap und dem Gegner. Hinten alles Frei und dann ... es geht nicht weiter. Verzweiflung Ratlosigkeit Wut .... Tot. Wieder, ich weiß nicht ob die Programmierer keine Ahnung haben wie frustierend es ist.

Ich weiß nicht wie schwer es ist sowas zu Programmieren aber wir brauchen dringend nen Rückspiegel.

Trotzdem liebe Grüße

Wenn das spiel mich nicht so fesseln würde hätte ich es auf Grund der ganzen Abstürze schon längst deinstalliert oder beim wieder mal sinnlos sterben nicht nur in meiner Fantasie (bis jetzt wars nur in meiner Fantasie) meinen Monitor eingetreten.

#67 DreadDevil

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 13 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationany where a shadow is cast

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

i am sure since most of you asking for this have read in the thread that it is problem of resources the graphics engine it uses not from pgi, if they implemented some of this stuff a lot of you would then be crying that the game is lagging from the added features, or that the hard ware requirements are to high.

#68 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

AXDrago, as Dread noted, the issue is primarily system resources. The only way it could be implemented would be as a view by itself, not an overlay ontop of the front view. If it were ever done it would likely act like going from 3POV to 1PoV and back.

As for those little rocks and such, it is more likely, even with rear view, you would see them. PGI simply needs to fix that issue overall.

#69 4ries

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

I remember in MW4/Mercs you had 2 keys. The one key was used to look behind you; the second key was to look below you. I believe those two keys were the i key to look behind you and the m key to look below you.

So, perhaps mirrors cant be done, but maybe change view with the press of a button could be done? I would like that, but in this game and its sometimes frantic gameflow...

#70 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:11 AM

Ya - I've thought a lot about this mechanic since the original post.

*** (See picture in my OP - added after some thought).

- To be honest, even if we had a mini-map cycle feature that let you zoon in closer, it would allow us to see where friendlies are in a given formation (or in a rat-f*ck clump).

So... cycle the zoom level of the mini-map would also work. Especially if it gave better terrain definition and friendly locations when zoomed in.

- Plus: "I" (player) should always be on top, stop covering me with team mates on my mini-map... just sayin.

Edited by Freebrth, 27 May 2016 - 09:15 AM.

#71 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:11 PM

Been begging for a rearview camera for months.

#72 Robinhood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 108 posts
  • LocationWestmont, IL USA

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 14 October 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

None of those things you list runs on the CryEngine game engine, which has performance problems when doing multiple independent views at the same time. The game performs like crap now ... imagine adding the rendering load of another view on top of the front view.

I could see them possibly implementing a button you hold down to switch the main view from front to rear.

They must have gotten a great deal on the engine because there are so many basic things it cannot do that older MW titles could do and that the fanbase has grown to expect. We had "no signal detected" in the cockpit monitors for years until they filled it with the stupid circles and bars they have now. It looks less trashy now and at the same time more trashy :(

#73 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

WHAT YOU WANT DOESN'T MATTER HERE.

What matters is what Microsoft wants. NOT PGI.

#74 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostDreadDevil, on 18 May 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

i am sure since most of you asking for this have read in the thread that it is problem of resources the graphics engine it uses not from pgi, if they implemented some of this stuff a lot of you would then be crying that the game is lagging from the added features, or that the hard ware requirements are to high.

If PGI programmers are incapable of understanding how to properly access the graphics engine, replace them and hire competent programmers.

#75 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:19 AM

Add a key to change the main cockpit's view-screen to the rearward facing camera.
Let go of the key to return to normal forward viewing.
(This should avoid cryengine's multiview difficulties)

Ensure pilots can not use this feature in matches until they complete at least 1 in depth tutorial specifically on using the rear-view camera.
And even then perhaps that tutorial isn't available until the pilot has at least 1 mech mastered???

Edited by Max Rickson, 30 May 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#76 DreadDevil

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 13 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationany where a shadow is cast

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

View PostSoulReaver7500, on 30 May 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

If PGI programmers are incapable of understanding how to properly access the graphics engine, replace them and hire competent programmers.

it is not the programmers it is the programming engine, sheesh learn to read

#77 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:52 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 31 March 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

They must have changed it or something recently... or maybe my graphics finnaly kicked in.

Anyway back on topic.

We could really get rit of these distracting usless screens they are only going to distract new players. "OOooh pretty lights!" *BANG* "What killed me?" one of them should be a rear view camera and maybe actual fusion reactor output or something? or maybe that old heatsink screen that showed all your heatsinks still functioning ior something or that ammo screen.

Hey now. All the cockpit screens used to actually give real info way back when, but the engine or some other aspect of the game couldn't handle it and it was killing people's frames. Then for the longest time all the screens did was all display the same message "[AUTODETECT: NO]". Now we have I think two functional screens with the rest just displaying some static animations to look cool.

#78 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 14 October 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

None of those things you list runs on the CryEngine game engine, which has performance problems when doing multiple independent views at the same time. The game performs like crap now ... imagine adding the rendering load of another view on top of the front view.

I could see them possibly implementing a button you hold down to switch the main view from front to rear.

I might be wrong but wasn't that how it worked in Mech4 Mercs? I think we should have it certainly.

#79 CuriousCabbitBlue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

PERFECT USE FOR ONE THE SCREENS IN THE COCKPIT

#80 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

The reason we do not have a rear view cameras or any other cameras views (like MW4's) with this game is because the Crysis Game engine was designed with armored battle suits in mind, not mechs. The game engine programmers did not think rear facing cameras on battle suit helmets would be a thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users