11 replies to this topic

#1 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

Ever wanted your own awesome Warhammer tshirt? Missed out on the first time NGNG did a print run of Warhammer t-shirts? Well your in luck. The 2014 line of WarHammer t-shirts are coming and you get to vote on for what one you want!

http://www.nogutsnog...hp?topic=2447.0

Awesome art done by ShimmeringSword can now be yours - in t-shirt form!

#2 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:41 AM

I've got to admit I'm curious about 1 thing here. NGNG are selling a product with art depicting a new variation of the Unseen/Reseen. If HG aren't causing a fuss over these T-shirts being sold, does that mean this art is officially in the clear?

Hypothetically, couldn't PGI base their interpretation on these pics, (my spin would be to make the arms and legs nearly identical to Cataphract, and generally "Alex Iglesias" the design slightly), and if HG then try to sue, PGI could just say "well we based our mechs on these pics that have been in circulation for a while now, you didn't sue them, so you can't sue us..."

That could happen, right?

#3 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

'Tis possible. But HG won't give up with out a fight... You know how they are. What with their new TT game theyre comming out with. But I did read in another topic and soposidly a mech has to be 20% different or more to avoid property disputes.

#4 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

Not unless its in the game looking like the printed t-shirt image, then I might buy a t-shirt

#5 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:41 AM

Really, if they dump the huge light and the big shoulder-SRM6 pack, they could probably put out that Warhammer. It's really those two elements that are vintage "Warhammer" and make it an easy lawsuit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:04 AM

Yea I suppose but taking off the Missile launcher and search light is like 5% different, maybe ditch the two arm cannons and we'd be golden. :P

#7 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

Right, but given the modular system MWO uses, the arms would be stubby no matter what. They'd be practically non-existent if someone ran something other than PPCs.

#8 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostGryphorim, on 17 October 2014 - 02:41 AM, said:

I've got to admit I'm curious about 1 thing here. NGNG are selling a product with art depicting a new variation of the Unseen/Reseen. If HG aren't causing a fuss over these T-shirts being sold, does that mean this art is officially in the clear?

Hypothetically, couldn't PGI base their interpretation on these pics, (my spin would be to make the arms and legs nearly identical to Cataphract, and generally "Alex Iglesias" the design slightly), and if HG then try to sue, PGI could just say "well we based our mechs on these pics that have been in circulation for a while now, you didn't sue them, so you can't sue us..."

That could happen, right?

Im no 3050 space lawyer so I can't answer with 100% accuracy. Its a bit complicated but ill see if I can get a hold of someone to answer this more clearly.

#9 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

How the hell can NGNG make a T-shirt with a Warhammer on it, but we can't have one in MWO- not even a re-seen version?

Rot in hell Harmony Gold- those weren't YOUR drawings originally either.

#10 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 17 October 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

They have shat on BT/MW for so long about these designs they might as well finally DO SOMETHING with them right? Too bad I will never EVER give Harmony Gold a penny for anything they do, regardless of how much I loved RoboTech as a kid.

#11 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostPygar, on 17 October 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

How the hell can NGNG make a T-shirt with a Warhammer on it, but we can't have one in MWO- not even a re-seen version?

Rot in hell Harmony Gold- those weren't YOUR drawings originally either.

It falls in line with the legality of a commercial product (I.E MWO) and then art done by an artist for sale using whats deemed as "original art" - its complicated because it seems silly but im getting a run down now by a few people on the process.

Edit:

Its the same reason why people can sell pictures of Mario and Luigi on a shirt - but you can't make a non Nintendo game with Mario and Luigi in it and sell it.

Laws be weird, yo.

Edited by Cattra Kell, 17 October 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#12 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 17 October 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

Really, if they dump the huge light and the big shoulder-SRM6 pack, they could probably put out that Warhammer. It's really those two elements that are vintage "Warhammer" and make it an easy lawsuit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Admittedly I probly will buy that pack just to have something as a stand in for the unseen :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users