Hgn/vtr Nerfs Need A Rework

5 replies to this topic

#1 Shimozu Koga

• Pip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Anyone else think that now the clans are here that the twist and turn nerfs on the Highlander and Victor need a rework or to be completely removed especially since the jump jet rework came into play to discourage pop tarting and the PPC speed decrease, I just feel that these ASSAULT mechs cant even hold a candle to almost all IS Heavy chassis and any clan medium or above, I understand at the time frame they were implemented they were necessary but in the modern metagame they have lost all relevance and as result of the nerfs are hardly seen on the battlefield anymore :(

#2 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

Those negative quirks will be removed in a patch or two from now when the new IS quirks come out. Highlanders will actually be getting buffs as well.

Edited by Kanajashi, 16 October 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#3 Shimozu Koga

• Pip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

Any chance you have a link to the post that confirms it, cant wait to get back in the victor again =)

#4 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

Here ya go: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3776433

He only states the victor here but as the quirk pass is described each mech will recieve buffs based on what teir they are in with that list. The victors are teir 1 so no buffs, the highlanders are teir 2 and 3 so some light/moderate buffs are coming for highlanders.

As for the date, its on track for the Nov 4th patch. 2.5 weeks until the victor rises again :D

Edited by Kanajashi, 16 October 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#5 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

Especially as the dawn of Community Warfare Phase 2 approaches and since PGI can't manage to rework the coding to enable Binary on Company matches, the removal of Inner Sphere nerfs and granting of Inner Sphere buffs will be crucial to realizing even marginal Clan / Inner Sphere parity.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 16 October 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#6 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

I'm a bit worried because the HGN extra jump nerf isn't on the chassis, it's on the type I jump jets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users