"church Of Skill" - A House Of Lords Community-Event Hosted On The Comstar Na Teamspeak - Sundays @ 7Pmest

27 replies to this topic

#1 heimdelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

Last week, I debuted a new community-event I'm organizing called, "Church of Skill". Since it was good for both new players and other players in the community, I figured I'd make another post and spread it to the community-events page, since the MWO Pro topic got pinned/Church of Skill is more similar to competitive improvement.

The Church of Skill organizes on the ComStar NA TeamSpeak (na1.mech-connect.net) @ 7pmEST on Sundays, and is broadcast on http://twitch.tv/ggcloseMWO, the new Lords channel for teaching others about competitive MWO.

The goal is to have a few members of the House of Lords competitive MWO team get together with new players/players who have experience and are looking to improve. Group composition is 2-3 Lords players and 4-5 other players. As we teach the players game mechanics, we use our assumedly high Elos to drag the low Elos up and play against other competitive groups such as SJR/CSJ/228th/AS/SwK. Majority of the time, we beat these other competitive groups, and that is what this event is all about. Actually putting people in a position where they feel close to competitive MWO play. Here is proof:

Church of Skill vs. SJR
http://www.twitch.tv...semwo/c/5286289

Church of Skill vs. CSJx
http://www.twitch.tv...semwo/c/5286317

Feel free to hop in, ask questions about loadouts, builds, strategies, general playstyles, etc. This is meant to be a very interactive stream and community-event that promotes competitive play and helps foster it.

Thanks for reading, see you in Church.

LORD HEIMDELIGHT
ggclose

#2 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

Will check this out one of these Sundays...never had any inclination to attend church otherwise before.

#3 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

I had a great time in this. May have raged once in the sjr game but everyone has a moment like that. Great time and great place to gain experience ;) literally.

#4 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

Highly recommend people show up.

#5 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:03 PM

I went last Sunday, was worth it. Wish I could attend it this Sunday... but US Army...

#6 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:57 PM

How long you guys go for? I will be working until 7pm pacific today :/

#7 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

we will probably still be going

#8 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:05 AM

As this is a duplicate thread... you will have to decide, which one you want to keep.

This one here, or the one in the new player help section. You will not keep both!

#9 heimdelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

View PostEgomane, on 20 October 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

As this is a duplicate thread... you will have to decide, which one you want to keep.

This one here, or the one in the new player help section. You will not keep both!

I would like to keep this one, please. Please don't completely delete the "new player" help section one though so I can send the followers messages to follow the new thread when I get home from work today. I apologize for not posting it in the right place the first time D:

Edited by heimdelight, 20 October 2014 - 02:36 AM.

#10 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:42 AM

View Postheimdelight, on 20 October 2014 - 02:35 AM, said:

I would like to keep this one, please. Please don't completely delete the "new player" help section one though so I can send the followers messages to follow the new thread when I get home from work today. I apologize for not posting it in the right place the first time D:

Done! I never intended to delete it, as closing it with a redirecting link is definatly the better solution in this case.

#11 Slick66

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

Great idea, I will definitely try to join in on Sun.

#12 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:34 AM

week 2 recap

http://www.reddit.co...l_week_2_recap/

#13 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

Church is happening right now.

#14 Atkins0n

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

Always down for light questions im sure Adiuvo and Krivvan are also.

#15 Khornite

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

This is the best kinda church! The criticism is usually helpful!

#16 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

I've run in almost every Church of Skill so far, and it's been great fun and great help. Thoroughly recommend anyone who wants to improve their game to jump on.

ggbless

#17 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

Experienced and inexperienced pilots should absolutely be there - I'll be there every Sunday!! - so should you!

Edited by W A R L O R D, 18 November 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#18 Hamish McPiton

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFishing out of my cockpit hatch.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

Ran a few games tonight after I got my new computer set up this week. Really cool - I'm familiar with group play here from Stock Mech Mondays and other group drops - but it's still putting on the big boy pants to drop with these guys. That doesn't mean it's not fun or a great way to learn - I think the best game I had was the one on Crimson where I didn't rush hard and got stuck out back in my Jager S (yeah quirks) and half cored before I could do much - but I legged the last enemy Timber before he got me - and we won mostly because of that.
Don't be shy, and drop with them next Sunday - even if Odwalla might kill you. Better than being random team-killed by xXteamkillerXx in a Pug match, eh?

#19 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:19 AM

Yesterday night I joined up as well and can confirm -> awesome.

The atmosphere is very enjoyable with light banter, serious game talk and intense, close-fought drops. Honestly, everyone should join and give it a try. Unless you hate fun. Then you might not like it.

It's also a fantastic way to learn how to play the maps in this game properly !

This is in bold because learning the maps makes playing this game, especially when dropping solo, a lot more enjoyable and it has a dramatic effect on how well you perform in games.

#20 Tryhards Online

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

So if I get good via attending church each and every Sunday, can I actually join the Lords?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users