15 replies to this topic

#1 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

PGI,

Please look into using mech's that have Hands/Claws and actuators to open the gates in CW maps Vs destroying a generator, destroying the generator should be only one way to open the Doors or Gates.

mech's that have Hands/Claws can use them to open / close Door's / Gates, turn on / off turrets, or the HPG transmitter, etc..... mech's with out Hands/Claws, or perhaps the correct kind of Hands/Claws, cant do these tasks, so a commander has to plan on using the right mech's for the objective, and if that mech dies, then there is no way of opening doors/gates, execpt by destroying the generator.

Need to have an outside and inside Door/Gate Control Panels to unlock, then open/close the Door/Gate.

Perhaps Only mech's with command consoles or a Special Module and Hands/Claws can unlock the Door/Gate Control Panels.

Only mech's with Hands/Claws and actuators can turn the Knob to open the Door/Gate. (WE really NEED SOMETHING to Do with the currently useless Mech Hands/Claws.)

The door knob has to be held on, while the Door/Gate opens until it is open completely, then it locks open.

If the mech lets go of the knob before the Door/Gate is fully open, then the door will auto shut and lock again....

IF open, Then a unlock and turn the knob can close the Door/Gate.

If the mech lets go of the knob before the Door/Gates fully closed, then the door will auto open and lock again....

Your team mates would have to defend the Mech that is unlocking/opening/closing the Door/Gate. Perhaps that mech cant shoot any weapons while holding the door knob.....

Radar control towers for controlling turrets, etc..., could have the same Lock/Unlock and hold a Knob on for a time period to shut off/turn on the Turrets/Generator etc..

A major Drop Objective (something like shutting down the HPG Link) could use similar Lock/Unlock and hold a Knob on for a time period to shut off/turn on the Objective.....

The HPG Map already has the gate choke points as a part of the map, and only needs the gates and various kinds of control panels added to the map

These features would add to the Role warfare aspects that most players want.

And if a team does not destroy infrastructure like generators/turrets/radar towers/gates/doors through using good tactics, will make you extra points when your faction capture's the planet, or your faction has less cost to rebuild, restock, etc, to then defend that planet......

Edited by Lazor Sharp, 16 October 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#2 MasterDDragon

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

I agree with having some functionality with the hands/claws of the mechs. Due to the complete lack of any real functionality, there are some mechs that are just unplayable (such as the Axeman [or Hatchetman]).

Having some kind of reason for having those hands/claws woulr greatly increase the role warfare, especially in community warfare. It would give a reason for having mechs with hands/claws in a battle.

The devs have already mentioned having gates of some kind on the attack/defend planet matches. Would it be that much more complicated to add a panel that hands/claws could "use" That would save attackers infrastructure repair on the turn around. It could be as simple as being next to panel and targeting it, but the mech has to have hands claws for it to do anything. That by means would necessitate it being right next to the panel - or "target" - for it to work.

Have not done coding in a long time, but if they have to build the maps for the attack/defend, would it be out of the way for them to add that feature?? The mechs with hands/claws could have a simple registry line of code that the program looks for if the mechs are close enough and have targeted the panel. If that code is not there, then nothing happens. Just saying, it does not have to be complicated for it to work.

I mean, it is bad enough that I can not grab that Jenner with my Atlas and throw it at the enemy, do my hands have to be completely useless??

#3 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

I like the idea, but it would be limitted to "ME ATLAS SMASH DOOR"
I've read somewhere that hand / arm coordination anywhere but punching grabbing and aiming is pretty much clumsy as all hell.
but atleast we still have melee he said while sobbing

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

/middlefinger emote? jk xD

How are those hands anyways controlled? Via neurohelmet?

#5 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

Opening doors with their hands? That's OP!

Seriously though, having a reason to equip hand actuators would be rather nice. As it stands, the only reason to equip them is if you have lasers in your arms so that you can track Lights as they dart past you, or so that you have a wider reach for locking targets (LRMs and Streaks). Frankly, I could go for external weapons.

Example: I shoot off a Centurion's arm. I would like the ability to pick it up and use said arm to bludgeon an enemy Mech in the event I run out of ammo. :)

#6 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

Here's a simple solution: Give a mech +10% salvage rewards for every hand actuator it has. This represents that mech using those hands to grab some extra bonus salvage on the way out of the battlefield.

#7 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

bump

#8 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

*Starts the slow clap*

I am The Flying Gecko!! And I approve this message!

#9 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

But then my Jenners will be gimps. :(

#10 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

I have a feeling that, when the Dawn of the Age of Melee Combat comes, hands will prove most useful.

#11 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 20 October 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Here's a simple solution: Give a mech +10% salvage rewards for every hand actuator it has. This represents that mech using those hands to grab some extra bonus salvage on the way out of the battlefield.

That's a cool idea. Or in CW, it lowers your team's R&R globally by some amount. Bringing lots of actuators to lower costs at the end or bring lots of non-actuators for the added crit efficiency. Your choice!

I also think there could be game modes. I don't want to say capture the flag because that mode isn't very lore-like...but something requiring retrieval and taken to a point. There would also need to be a win condition in case only have Mechs without actuators.

#12 Inappropriate9958811

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

Now this just makes too much sense. This means it will probably not get implemented :P

#13 Golm

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:11 AM

I certainly like the idea of giving hands a function. While ripping Jenners in twain may sound exciting, having a "targeted" activation post/turret/control tower is probably far easier to implement.

In our bases, you could implement a "Turrent Control Tower" (AKA Mech Commander) to capture, which would then give control of those turrets - light mech with hands, anyone?

#14 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

mmkkkkgukit

#15 Hoboshank

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

Pls do this pgi, also MECH BOXING!

#16 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

It might be overly simple, but how about giving Mech's with hands a 5% or 10% faster base cap bonus?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users