Play Under Non-Administrator

13 replies to this topic

#1 MrFix001

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:28 AM

Hi!I am unable to play under non-administrator account.I did install the game on other disk, non-system. So it should be working.It doesn't....Please help.windows 7, 64 bit. non-administrator account, simple user.

Edited by MrFix001, 17 October 2014 - 12:29 AM.

#2 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:22 AM

AFAIK MWO absolutely requires administrator permission to at least run the patcher. You could try starting the mwo.client with the "no-patch" variable using the command window and see if that works without administrator privileges.

#3 MrFix001

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

Can you please send a request to developers to change this behaviour? Thanks.I don't have rigths in suggestion's part of forum.I don't see reason to play online game with admin rights.I did install the game in other , non-system disk.Very many thanks.

Edited by MrFix001, 17 October 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#4 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

I suggest you mail support@mwomercs.com with your suggestion. However, there is no way that MWO can be installed or patched without administrator rights. Playing the game itself should however not require administrator rights.

#5 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

You can play without admin rights

Game must be run from outside program files (could copy the folder somewhere, to test). create a shortcut to mwoclient.exe, go to properties (of the shortcut) and ad " -nopatch" to the shortcut, then run the shortcut.

#6 MrFix001

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

Thanks you all for respond." -nopatch" in shortcut is working good. I did send a request to support too.

Edited by MrFix001, 17 October 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#7 MrFix001

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

well, it is unable to login. It telling me that server under maintenance when I am trying to login under user.But under admin-there no maintenance,I can login and play.What is wrong?

#8 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

You not wanting to play as admin is wrong.

#9 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

Greetings all,

The requirement of Admin rights is not just to start the game, it's requires to access items within the windows folder.

- Allowing secure connection to other computers, write authorization to some files, and authority to read, access other files.
- If your only logged on as a user, without admin authority, this may not be allowed to happen.

This would basically stop the game in it's tracks or at the least you'd loose changes to items you made in the game.
- items like weapons group changes, that are stored locally.

9erRed

#10 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 17 October 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

You not wanting to play as admin is wrong.

Not really...he's probably playing on a school computer or something.

#11 MrFix001

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:06 AM

In my system only some programs have admin rights.Online games are not in this list :)) I will uninstall this game.

Edited by MrFix001, 18 October 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#12 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

It works fine on my system, the game folder has to be somewhere where you can write without admin rights and you must use the -nopatch thingy.

#13 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostMrFix001, on 17 October 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

Hi!I am unable to play under non-administrator account.I did install the game on other disk, non-system. So it should be working.It doesn't....Please help.windows 7, 64 bit. non-administrator account, simple user.

I personally run MWO in Compatibility Mode with "Run as Administrator" checked on my Win7x64bit... otherwise I get issues running the game, especially with Mumble running... hell... I run all my programs with "Run as Admin" setup... my advice to you... however setup your PC (Mom, Dad, older brother...) have them adjust your account setting to be an Administrator.

#14 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 20 October 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

I personally run MWO in Compatibility Mode with "Run as Administrator" checked on my Win7x64bit... otherwise I get issues running the game, especially with Mumble running... hell... I run all my programs with "Run as Admin" setup... my advice to you... however setup your PC (Mom, Dad, older brother...) have them adjust your account setting to be an Administrator.

Sounds like its a public computer like a university/library computer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users