Sins Of A Dark Age

3 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

If you remember - it was the Alien between the 2 Mech games IGP was supporting:
http://steamcharts.com/app/251970

It has gone to Steam and peaked at 139 Players once upon a time...

MWT may RIP as well...I allways felt MWT should have been the tactical turn based MWO instead of what it was.

#2 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

yeahh I think MOBAs are just like MMOs. First ones first served.... as for the rest, good luck. DOTA and LoL took pretty much the whole scene... anyone coming after are left with bits and scraps and nothing really to make you survive. SoaDA isn't a bad game.. it's just nothing that LoL or Dota don't already give with more polish.

#3 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

^ I think Heroes of the Storm will prove that assertion wrong. It all depends on whether you just want to make a clone, or are actually willing to risk approaching the subject from a slightly different angle.

View PostThorqemada, on 17 October 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

MWT may RIP as well...I allways felt MWT should have been the tactical turn based MWO instead of what it was.
Yeah, it's sad. The 'mechs look very outlandish compared to the cool MWO designs, and I really wasn't able to get used to this whole cards and decks stuff. It felt so redundant and forced upon a concept that had such a promising core idea.

Why couldn't they just settle for a professional 3D-supported version of Megamek as a normal one-time purchase (perhaps augmented by cosmetic microtransactions such as paintjobs and insignia) instead of the current approach? :unsure:

#4 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

heroes of the storm look boring as **** honestly... MOBA for kiddies :S

I went from LoL to DOTA and never want to go back to the simplicity that is LoL, let alone HotS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users