3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:18 AM

I was wondering about the development of the Arrow IV as part of the game, and yes I know where I put this post.

First item. Blast effect range. The Arrow IV does 20/10
Second Item. Speed of the missile. It is perhaps of moderate to slow speed.

I'm not worried about the homing missile right now. We can use them just as we do air strikes or artillery.

#2 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

Having Arrow IV as a support item would be cool.

#3 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

Greetings all,

The last group of posts about this missile unit revolved around the amount of crit spaces it requires.
- It needs more area slots than the Arm location has, and required splitting the arm and torso sots to be able to mount it.
~ Referred as 'Crit-splitting'.

Slots required:
Clan = 12 (12Ton)
IS = 15 (15Ton)
** Catapult only has 10 slots in it's arm pods, 12 more in the torso. **

This has never been done by PGI, and there are issues with where the damage locations will now be when hit.
- This system is available to both the Clans (never lost the Tech) and the IS. (IS rediscovered in 3044)

Now all that being said, I'm all for this massive weapon system and the Cat mounting it.
- I have used this unit in MW:LL and it's devastating at it's long range capability.
- Well out of any return fire range.
(they modeled it as a massive missile, slow, and had a long dark smoke trail. You knew when one was in the air and directed towards your location, time to move.)

It does suffer from lack of ammo, with normally only two reloads available. (5 shots per ton)
- The system has about 5 warhead types that are available in this timeline.
- Area Saturation, Homing, Cluster (airburst), Thunder/FastCam (air deploy mines), Smoke.

All these would require new designs and code to be able to bring this support weapon system into play.
- And with the specialized Ammo and lack of reloads it's somewhat of a unique chassis.
- I could see having this element on the Battlefield for long drawn out battles, on large maps. But the short 15min match's might not be the place for this.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 18 October 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#4 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:32 AM

Thank you for the info. However I am still wondering about the blast radius.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users