6 replies to this topic

#1 Robomomo2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 138 posts
  • LocationInvader class warship

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

Your weapons are gone, and both sides have engaged in a brawl; Congrats, you have a new role in life... a meat shield.

All to often I have lost matches because people who consider themselves useless run to the rear ranks and flee the battle field. Do not do this, because in this sense you are truly useless.

1) Instead run head long into the enemy creating a focus point of the enemy's fire while giving your team mates a window to rip apart the other side.

2) Role your torso constantly so that the most armored side at the moment is absorbing the most damage, and don't be afraid to show your back side to the enemy either; this utilizes your armor to the max.

3) If you are jump jet capable this can help in creating even more of a distraction, or they can be used to flip around quite fast in a much sharper way then just turning.

4) You do not always have to be the center of attention to protect your team mates though, when piloting a slower, bigger 'mech, walk in front of others while the weapons cool of to create a couple second shield before they open fire again.

5)I am not telling you to suicide. Don't run out senselessly but make every action count. Running strait for an atlas or whale may not be a better use of your potential distractions.

I will up-date more guides as I develop this strategy more... but for now, make your self useful in every battle in every way.

-Thank you

#2 ManOpeace

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

I'd agree if the fight has devolved to a brawl. You'd be better off targeting in the corner if not.

If its conquest and you have a point advantage, and its nearing the end of the game, you actually are doing a lot of good hiding. I've lost to many conquest games that way.

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:36 AM

Another option is to hold locks for LRM boats for as long as you can. When my Splatcat runs out of ammo I do scouting (since it moves at 80 kph) and if I find something to lock onto I hound it until it dies from LRMs. Just pretend that your mech is one big NARC beacon.

#4 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

A few other things that I've seen work.

1) Get in the enemy's way: See that big, slow enemy Atlas that is in a brawl with your mechs and trying to back around a big rock to recover. It would be a shame if your weaponless mech parked himself right behind the Atlas, preventing his retreat. Admittedly, you can eat friendly fire doing this, but with some practice, you can ruin an enemy's day even without weapons.

2) Ramming Speed!: Ramming still does damage in the game... very little, sure... but if you're facing down a nearly dead foe in your weaponless mech, ram the guy. You might just kill him, and at the very least, you're forcing him to kill you before he can fight any armed opponents.

3) Bait! Everyone likes an easy kill, and nothing is easier to kill than a weaponless mech. So, use this to your advantage. Lure the opponents away from the team. Just as a light mech running by can get a team to turn around and foolishly chase it, a bumbling weaponless mech screams "kill me!" - and once they break formation, they get shot in the back or get led back to your friends who kill them.

#5 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

DFA!!!!! Death from above my summoner had no weapons a beat up centurion decided to run in my face for some reason so i jumped came down on top and killed him was surprised as heck wish i had a video of it was a feel good moment

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

DEEECOY, run like crzay, be the suicidal lure.

#7 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

You could also do this:

http://www.twitch.tv...arejk/c/3241302

I titled the vid: "It's Only a Flesh Wound!"

Enjoy! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users