Make Bap Give Bonuses Vs Ecm

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Should BAP give reasonable Bonuses vs ECM? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Should BAP give reasonable Bonuses vs ECM?

1. Yes, if reasonable. (7 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. No, ECM should be invulnerable. (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Should ELO divide the ECM mechs between the two teams when possible?

1. Yes (7 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. No (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

Make BAP give bonuses vs ECM or make the ELO mechanic split the ECM mechs between each team. I am in too many games where one team gets 5 ECM equipped mechs and the other none and even if you play the very best you can the ECM team trumps you.

BAP could override ECM on Tag-ed mechs for 5 seconds, override ECM at 500-400 meters (was 800 in MW4), things of this nature.

MWO's ECM is so OP compared to previous MechWarrior games where most mechs could carry either ECM or BAP and the few that carried both, like the Loki and Raven, were very special mechs.

#2 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:55 AM

Okay, just a few quick things I would like to point out here:

1) Your first poll stinks. Try to be more objective and don't use such leading questions if you want people to take it seriously. As it currently stands, your options for it are rather laughable and the second answer is flawed. I voted No.

2) ECM is not invulnerable (your flaw). Enemy ECM, UAVs, TAG, and NARC can all cancel ECM. Ergo, ECM is vulnerable. I have LRM'ed ECM Lights to death because a friendly Mech was able to NARC it. I have also TAG'ed ECM Lights and LRM'ed them to death without friendly assistance. I use ECM Lights as an example because they are normally the hardest to kill using LRMs, in my experience. In its current state, I really do not see a need to nerf ECM further. In fact, a 50-meter range buff might be in order...

3) Your second poll asking for the MM to divide ECM Mechs is a reasonable one. I voted Yes on it.

Edited by Nightmare1, 20 October 2014 - 07:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users