9 replies to this topic

#1 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

Hi all !

I am curious which one is more heat efficient of those 2 just ignore armor distribution thats me being lazy.

AWS http://mwo.smurfy-ne...972492f4d2a2115
BNC http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6cc3cc10db616e3

Now I am asking this becouze now AWS have some quirks that help big time but I dont know does smurfy take those quirks and shows accurate stats when I build in smurfy.Acording to smurfy Banshee is better

I now have AWS elited and with build I presented I am having a blast it is by far my most consistent and most sucesfull mech I own, I am constantly in 500+dmg range even If I die 1st within 1st minute of game I am able to dish out 200 dmg easy.
If Banshee can do the same and have more armor I am in I am buying it. I know taht quirks that are coming will change my AWS 8Q and thats why I am looking for something else but so far If I totaly ignore future qurks BNC seems better but still I am curious wich one is heat Efficient now.

EDIT: 1 more thing If any1 have experince with those engines presented.
So far my AWS elited with 300std seems quite agile nothing much but I m ok with it,would banshee with std 350 goin very similar speed like my AWS would they be similar in agility I mean torso twisting and such.

Edited by salkeee, 20 October 2014 - 04:43 AM.

#2 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:53 AM

The Awesome is definitely more heat efficient, but the BNC has more favourable hardpoint placement(they are bunched up nicely and are higher) and much much better survivability. Considering the MPL ranges, you definitely want a BNC instead of an AWS.

Edited by Tahribator, 20 October 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#3 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:18 AM

View PostTahribator, on 20 October 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

The Awesome is definitely more heat efficient, but the BNC has more favourable hardpoint placement(they are bunched up nicely and are higher) and much much better survivability. Considering the MPL ranges, you definitely want a BNC instead of an AWS.

I dont have any issues at all with ranges I tend to be agresive leading charge if I feel i m being folowed yes banshee might be durable(more armor) but not sure is it more agile speed at wich I torso twist is very important.
So far out of atlases and my awesomes I am able to tank better and dish out more dmg with AWS than with atlases due to agility alone.

I will prolly buy BNC I m really lovin this weapon setup and will probably use something cooler until I elite it.And I am suspecting at least some good quirks that would enhance pulse build.

But really If some1 could provide some information is it big diference at torso twisting between AWS and BNC if they move at similar speed.

EDIT: about weapon distribution I kinda like AWS coz of 2 mpls in arm BNC dont have anything in ARMs well when U look at it each setup have its pros and cons.To weight those comes to personal preferance and given situation. I cant teory craft wich one is by far better than other.

Edited by salkeee, 20 October 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#4 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

It's not personal preference, the BNC-3M is flat-out superior.

First of all, the Awesome is oversized for its tonnage, so it soaks more damage than it can handle and is easily dealt with. Its arms don't block that much, and ever since the hitbox pass, its sides pop very easily so you're quickly disarmed. Its hardpoints are mounted low, which forces you to expose your mech fully to utilize them. Considering the size of this 'Mech, this only reduces your survivability further, especially during static stand-offs. As I already said, it's hardpoints are also mounted far apart. There'll often be times when you'll be hitting stuff to your left and right because there isn't enough clearance. Yes, it's mobile and yes it's torso twist feels nicer, but those are only one of the few things going on fir the AWS.

The BNC-3M is not oversized for its tonnage. It has completely dispensable gorilla arms that block tons of damage. It's hardpoints are closely packed and 6 of them are extremely high mounted(shoulders). It can twist as fast as a STD300 Awesome with a STD350 engine and run almost as fast. It has no apparent weaknesses, except for a slightly oversized CT hitbox.

There is literally nothing going on for the AWS except for its quirks, which matter little because of its fragility.

#5 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostTahribator, on 20 October 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

It's not personal preference, the BNC-3M is flat-out superior.

First of all, the Awesome is oversized for its tonnage, so it soaks more damage than it can handle and is easily dealt with. Its arms don't block that much, and ever since the hitbox pass, its sides pop very easily so you're quickly disarmed. Its hardpoints are mounted low, which forces you to expose your mech fully to utilize them. Considering the size of this 'Mech, this only reduces your survivability further, especially during static stand-offs. As I already said, it's hardpoints are also mounted far apart. There'll often be times when you'll be hitting stuff to your left and right because there isn't enough clearance. Yes, it's mobile and yes it's torso twist feels nicer, but those are only one of the few things going on fir the AWS.

The BNC-3M is not oversized for its tonnage. It has completely dispensable gorilla arms that block tons of damage. It's hardpoints are closely packed and 6 of them are extremely high mounted(shoulders). It can twist as fast as a STD300 Awesome with a STD350 engine and run almost as fast. It has no apparent weaknesses, except for a slightly oversized CT hitbox.

There is literally nothing going on for the AWS except for its quirks, which matter little because of its fragility.

Hm kinda good points but...

Awesome oversized I never understood.Yes I know it is oversized for BT lore but not so much in this game compared to bunch of mediums I mean AWS still have some armor to back up its size.
He is wide yes not wider than atlas and barely wider than Banshee.(AWS have wider arms torso is same) look at it.And he is not tall that much not even close.

His arms doesnt block much? I didnt piloted all mechs but AWS so far feels very very good in that department .

Hard point mounted low? Let me explain U. While yes arms feels lowish when U look at it but its all perception and point of viev how far are ur hard points from ur cockpit that is what U need to look for my AWS is double better than Orion Atlas Cataphract arms and few more respectivly and honestly I rarely hit obstacles IMO my SHD hits tham more with arms than my AWS.BNC 3M is better coz no weapons in arms if there would be with BNC u would hit more obstacles than with AWS.

AWS cockpit is not far from its lowest arm weapon hardpoint so U me and every1 will not have that bad suces in hiting what U want with all weapons thou yes better to go on sides than on hills with Awesome(unless LRM boat tag in head is beasty) compared to Banshe.Even thou Awesome is somewhat wide goin on sides is good if U know how to shield and he is not tall that much so U have more obstacles to shield U fully.

And U can not convice me that awesome arms doesnt shield my experience doesnt alow that.

IDK maybe I am so so wrong but for some magical reason my Atlas can not tank efectivly like my Awesome can.
In theory Atlas can take much more dmg but in practice I can not achive it not in my game style atlas is so much slower in twisting than my awesome and that leads to loosing sides faster and dealing dmg slower.

Eventualy I bought BNC 3M so far it is very good I use this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a02593467b06ff7 for now and I had good succes inj 1st few matches I use comand console for testing now and it feels good.but later I might dicth it out coz 3 tons are 3 tons.

I do appreciate very much that U informed me with info on torso twisting for me that really is selling point I can not argue that banshee is more durable.

TYVM

#6 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

Coming from somebody who uses almost that exact build on the 8Q (I drop a DHS for AMS and ammo), the Banshee will probably fill that role far better. The Banshee has far, far greater survivability, due to hitboxes and the extra armour.

View Postsalkeee, on 20 October 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

His arms doesnt block much? I didnt piloted all mechs but AWS so far feels very very good in that department .

All of the Awesomes have a quirk that slows down turning. Additionally, the torsos are just too wide in relation to the arms, and even when shield-arming, you'll still have a good chunk of your side torso exposed. You just can't shield arm in that thing because the hitboxes are so borked that your side torsos are always exposed. The fact thay you can't put in a bigger engine means that its perpetually slow as hell and can't keep its turn speed on pace with the speeds of some other assault mechs, let alone heavies.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 20 October 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#7 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:26 AM

Well, also thanks for the advice!

#8 pulupulu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

awesome is slightly better at dealing with anything faster than 100kph.

banshee is MUCH better dealing with other assaults (70kph and below).

honestly though, there arent much reason to use MPL when ML and LPL has same duration and nearly same range.

Making it into.... http://mwo.smurfy-ne...36c9391c1b8c0fe
which is something banshee can't do as well in. If you actually want to use awesome.

edit: checking again... it seems they changed LPL duration, so nevermind I guess. (have I not play for that long?)

Edited by pulupulu, 20 October 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#9 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 20 October 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Coming from somebody who uses almost that exact build on the 8Q (I drop a DHS for AMS and ammo), the Banshee will probably fill that role far better. The Banshee has far, far greater survivability, due to hitboxes and the extra armour.

All of the Awesomes have a quirk that slows down turning. Additionally, the torsos are just too wide in relation to the arms, and even when shield-arming, you'll still have a good chunk of your side torso exposed. You just can't shield arm in that thing because the hitboxes are so borked that your side torsos are always exposed. The fact thay you can't put in a bigger engine means that its perpetually slow as hell and can't keep its turn speed on pace with the speeds of some other assault mechs, let alone heavies.

With what are U comparing AWS too wide in relation to arms?
Highlander ,Victor,Batlemaster all have rear armor exposed when U twist ur side with same or biger exposion of front sides like Awesome,Atlas Banshee and Awesome doesnt expose rear armor when they twist and Banshee only have smaler front side torso exposed over Awesome. Awesome is better at twisting than all others cept Banshee in Assaults.So I can not take ur arguments to that point where we agree that AWS sucks at twisting.And AWS is not widest it may look like it is but thats only becouze he is wide as others and not tall as others.

About engines on Awesome well for my preferance I would never put biger engine on it becouze I prefer 10% more firepower over 3% speed.I tryed 9M with biger STD engines XL in 9M for me is not aceptable due to 9M being one of best zombie mechs.And what ever biger engine I used I didnt had consistend succes to actualy stick with it.In those engine rating incrase,there is biger drop in firepower over speed incrase.
And for me goin 66 kph seems OK for IS 80t assault I mean my CTF is goin 70 kph so is my Awesome really that slow or all my mechs are slow compared to their tonage.

#10 The Trumpet of Gabriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

The banshee can squeeze in an xl400...75kph w/speed tweak. I run 3 LPL, 5mL. Not real practical, but it is fun as all get out running down a heavy in a 95 ton laser monster :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users