Who are you merging with?

=)

#62 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

So are you guys still a CHH unit? I see Davion tags.

View PostGyrok, on 18 December 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Who are you merging with?

My guess is Mercstar Alliance.

#63 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 19 December 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

So are you guys still a CHH unit? I see Davion tags.

My guess is Mercstar Alliance.

Guessing the same...

EDIT: Though that is honestly less merger, and more absorption.

Edited by Gyrok, 19 December 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#64 Fenris Ulfr

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

shurg absorb into merge into join become part of a larger whole all good ways to see it

#65 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

View PostFenris Ulfr, on 19 December 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

shurg absorb into merge into join become part of a larger whole all good ways to see it

So does that mean chhx is no more?

#66 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostFenris Ulfr, on 19 December 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Well not really TBH.

Merging sounds like its is on a condition of parity, absorption sounds a bit different.

Edited by CyclonerM, 20 December 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#67 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

Not entirely lubo just putting it into storage. To be honest from my point of view faction warfare is crap so units have kinda lost their point. Warfare would be an open maps where units move and fight each other this is just a quee with an alternate game mode where you cant even keep bad people out of your faction. So since even a good 12 man is helpless to stop its own faction from screwing it then to heck with it. I will use it to farm money thats about it.

#68 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

View PostGrantham Besat, on 20 December 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Not entirely lubo just putting it into storage. To be honest from my point of view faction warfare is crap so units have kinda lost their point. Warfare would be an open maps where units move and fight each other this is just a quee with an alternate game mode where you cant even keep bad people out of your faction. So since even a good 12 man is helpless to stop its own faction from screwing it then to heck with it. I will use it to farm money thats about it.

That sounds a bit pessimistic...we are contributing in a meaningful way. Some factions have small player bases, but with coordination that can be overcome (assuming some help from other clans)...

#69 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostGyrok, on 20 December 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

That sounds a bit pessimistic...we are contributing in a meaningful way. Some factions have small player bases, but with coordination that can be overcome (assuming some help from other clans)...

I am very pessimistic. I am used to games where my unit maters because my unit makes its own choices. Here I have seen good units win 40 matches and get nothing for it because they are in a quee with the rabble. I have also read where the masses think it is to hard so do not play it anymore. They should have made it an open map because it is large enough for bad units and good units to put their names onto planets and fight wars. This would have kept alot of people happy instead of the quee we have we seems to be doing an even odds job of making some happy and some hate it.

#70 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

Some units assumed pure skill would be enough, others that they could simply throw masses at a planet. Neither is the case for the most part. Lords, a smaller unit, figured out early how to be as effiicent as possible and showed tremendous success for it. MS gathered botu skilled players and numbers to fight on their multiple fronts with great success. And we certainly are not large but seem to have figured something out.

It is a rough beta but certainly a step up from the mere arena mode we had before.

#71 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

Both of those units still have to get around the puggy in the faction effect frankly I have no stomach for it the point of CW is to play and win and do stuff with a unit but the units are screwed by solo players being allowed in quee. Remove the quee make it unit on unit only then i may be interested in a major way again.

I knew it would need numbers and skill combined to make a go at CW. I also knew it would be hard mode. The thing is I did not expect to be forced to play with a bunch of random yahoo mouth breathers from pub quee. When the units team or teams is but a percentage of the planet take over then your fighting the enemy, the game system, and your own factions idoits.

Edited by Grantham Besat, 21 December 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#72 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

Sucks ya feel so handicapped by the faction "idiots" but it does not seem to be crippling the organized groups man.

#73 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 21 December 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Sucks ya feel so handicapped by the faction "idiots" but it does not seem to be crippling the organized groups man.

Your missing my point. The only difference in Cw and Group quee is the length of the match and the victory conditions. When PGI is picking the planet and there is no real map stagey then all you have is a pub match. What I am saying is that I want to feel pride in fighting over a planet not sit in a quee to bash pubbies. If Lords or SJR own a planet then it should be a units right to attack them just as it is a units responsibility to defend their turf. Here you can go fight CJF maybe you get Lords maybe you get random 12 pubbies all night. There is no test of skill or tactics there is only the quee.

This is NOT a unit based warfare system this IS pub quee 2.0. I have no desire to put effort into pub quee 2.0. In every game I have ever played any unit I was in had the ability to go where it wanted and attack whom it wanted to fight to test itself to take things that mattered. Here there is only a join quee button and a lottery. Yeah organized units can make it work but not nearly as well as the systems I have seen be amazing.

So can it work yes. Is it any fun for me when I look at it through the lens of effort vs reward no. Is it as good as it could be HECK no. It is a pub quee, What irks me is i knew it going in and i kept my hope and got burned for it, It is no fun to win 50 battles and it really not count except as part of a faction average to me feels like crap really.

#74 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

Unit has moved on, and so has this discussion.. Closing the thread out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users